Author Topic: Started the Adonis principles today - hardest workout ever!!  (Read 43443 times)

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
Re: Started the Adonis principles today - hardest workout ever!!
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2007, 09:10:47 PM »
There's 7 calories per gram of ALCOHOL (for those who don't know.....Adonis), how do you figure 300 calories?

Wine is around 13% alcohol.

Frauhorn

• Getbig II
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2007, 09:11:02 PM »
We bought Stags Leap, Artemis.

what year?

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2007, 09:12:26 PM »
I enjoy wine.  It is a passion of mine at this point.  I do not think it is a waste at all. Plus as studies show so far, you will increase longevity and ward off sickness and disease.

That is priceless in my opinion. 

Well la-de-da, look at Mr. Sophisticated. You should only drink to enhance social skills.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2007, 09:13:40 PM »
http://www.uhs.uga.edu/documents/nutrition_alcohol.pdf

what's your point?  wine isn't pure alcohol.
 ::)

says 77 calories for glass of wine there.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2007, 09:14:38 PM »
Calorie Table for Wine
Please note: all calorie values are approximate

Wine (4 fl oz)  Calories

Beaujolais 95
Bordeaux, red 95
Burgundy, red 95
Burgundy, white 90
Cabernet Sauvignon 90

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2007, 09:17:09 PM »

He needs to learn there's ALOT more to nutrition than just calories...........his "formula" must have got lost in his translation or just plain ol didn't take it into consideration, if he's so into longevity, he would know that eating shit WILL NOT prolong life!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2007, 09:17:58 PM »

says 77 calories for glass of wine there.

I never stated whether it was more or less now did I?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2007, 09:21:05 PM »
He needs to learn there's ALOT more to nutrition than just calories...........his "formula" must have got lost in his translation or just plain ol didn't take it into consideration, if he's so into longevity, he would know that eating shit WILL NOT prolong life!
Again.

Do your research.

I get the optimal amount of nutrients and minerals and I also enjoy anything I want.

I do not overeat.

You overeat and are obese.  You are a health risk.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2007, 09:27:51 PM »
you are 10-12%,,
your physiqe will not show abs unless you are under 8% because your abs are not developed,,if they were you would see them at your current bodyfat%,,,many builders with 12% can see 4-6 pack visible because their abs are developed enough,,it takes time of abdominal work and ofcourse drugs

from what i see you are 10-12% and need to lose ~ 25lb for true 6% from whatever weight you are currently

bulk dont cut

Point taken.  I'm assuming you're with Matt on the "drowned rat" prediction, which is understandable.  He probably would look pretty thin at 160, and I could see where you'd prefer to see him carry a little more size before cutting down.  Now what about this:  What if Matt's gonna stay natural?  Should he still bulk before dieting down if that's the case?  How much difference is his bulking up 15-20 pounds naturally before cutting naturally gonna make in the grand scheme of things?  How much natural weight do you approximate he'll carry at 6% if he starts dieting now, as opposed to going up to, say, 195-200 before cutting without drugs?      

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2007, 09:31:58 PM »
Point taken.  I'm assuming you're with Matt on the "drowned rat" prediction, which is understandable.  He probably would look pretty thin at 160, and I could see where you'd prefer to see him carry a little more size before cutting down.  Now what about this:  What if Matt's gonna stay natural?  Should he still bulk before dieting down if that's the case?  How much difference is his bulking up 15-20 pounds naturally before cutting naturally gonna make in the grand scheme of things?  How much natural weight do you approximate he'll carry at 6% if he starts dieting now, as opposed to going up to, say, 195-200 before cutting without drugs?      

There is no point for him to go to 200 lbs as it will be all fat he gains at this point.

Matt is an idiot if he thinks otherwise.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2007, 09:33:41 PM »
There is no point for him to go to 200 lbs as it will be all fat he gains at this point.

So he can gain muscle whilst cutting up using your principles.

But can't gain muscle whilst bulking?

That makes zero sense.  ???

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2007, 09:35:12 PM »

You, my friend, just tapped into the Adonis Principles.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2007, 09:37:29 PM »
You, my friend, just tapped into the Adonis Principles.

Excellent!  In that case I'd better put deadlifting on the schedule for tomorrow.  Oh damn, my camera's in the wash...   ;D

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2007, 09:39:06 PM »
So he can gain muscle whilst cutting up using your principles.

But can't gain muscle whilst bulking?

He would gain at the same rate as Protein synthesis DOES NOT shut off even in a caloric deficit.

Bulking up would add fat which is pointless creating MORE unneccesary work for him to do.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2007, 09:41:15 PM »
Excellent!  In that case I'd better put deadlifting on the schedule for tomorrow.  Oh damn, my camera's in the wash...   ;D

;D ;D

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2007, 09:45:19 PM »
He would gain at the same rate as Protein synthesis DOES NOT shut off even in a caloric deficit.

Bulking up would add fat which is pointless creating MORE unneccesary work for him to do.

But your exact words were:

"...it will be all fat he gains at this point..."

So now you're saying it would be MOSTLY fat, but that he would gain muscle.  Correct?

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2007, 09:47:10 PM »
It's just a general weak point, but I guess I've always trained harder on pressing movements because I like the feel of them.  I know I can still pull a good 405 right now and at my all time best it was around 450.  I would like to get 475 this year which I think is realistic.

Good stuff.  Stick some rows and chins in there as well, cos at the mo your delts are dominating that rear double bi!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2007, 09:51:01 PM »
But your exact words were:

"...it will be all fat he gains at this point..."

So now you're saying it would be MOSTLY fat, but that he would gain muscle.  Correct?

Look. You can`t rush a Natural Muscle gain.

Bulking up is useless.  He won`t gain anything except fat.  He will be able to gain the same amount of muscle using my methods MINUS the fat.

Protein synthesis will be equal in each state.  There is no benefit to fat.  I can see he is fooling himself already with his "lift poundages".

Obviously Matt C does not know much about physics.  I went over a little with him tonight and evne dumbed it down.  I think it was successful.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2007, 09:51:28 PM »
I just don't get one thing: if TA is correct in his principles why does 99% of the industry do it differently? 

Like I've said before, if these principles were so ground breaking, Adonis would have had them published, released nutrition DVD's, and would be working as a nutritionist to the stars.  The fact that his only audience is a few naive members of a online forum speaks volumes.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2007, 09:52:41 PM »
I just don't get one thing: if TA is correct in his principles why does 99% of the industry do it differently?  ???  I also seem to doubt drugs are the answer.

Another goal of mine this year: score with a figure babe at the Olympia after party.  Can I do it?  ???  daddywaddy or gh15 - any tips on this?
Why does over HALF of America still think the world is only 10,000 years old or less?

Mr. Intenseone included?

THAT Explains a lot.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2007, 09:53:27 PM »
Like I've said before, if these principles were so ground breaking, Adonis would have had them published, released nutrition DVD's, and would be working as a nutritionist to the stars.  The fact that his only audience is a few naive members of a online forum speaks volumes.

I`m working on it as we speak.  I will have a website up shortly.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2007, 09:54:57 PM »
Look. You can`t rush a Natural Muscle gain.

Bulking up is useless.  He won`t gain anything except fat.  He will be able to gain the same amount of muscle using my methods MINUS the fat.

Protein synthesis will be equal in each state.  There is no benefit to fat.  I can see he is fooling himself already with his "lift poundages".

Obviously Matt C does not know much about physics.  I went over a little with him tonight and evne dumbed it down.  I think it was successful.

Yes, but you've admitted yourself that the body can lift more weight at a higher bodyweight.  Lifting heavier breaks down more muscle tissue and forces the body to adapt to a higher weight.  So if you can stimulate more muscle, you will produce more muscle.  Bulking up serves this purpose.

Training at a lighter weight means lifting lighter weight, which the muscles can already lift.  Therefore they are not as stimulated, therefore they do not adapt as much.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2007, 09:57:57 PM »
I`m working on it as we speak.  I will have a website up shortly.

I would honestly be impressed if you could show us case studies that were outstanding.  But so far you are only putting people on restricted calorie diets, exactly the same as a hundred other diets.  As yet, nothing is breaking new ground. 

If this formula is the key to your system, and you created it, why not just patent it and then show it to everyone?  Then if someone rips it off, you've got comeback.