Author Topic: GETBIG is as DUMB AS THE REST OF AMERICA.  (Read 34389 times)

Mr. Intenseone

Re: GETBIG is as DUMB AS THE REST OF AMERICA.
« Reply #150 on: March 14, 2007, 08:17:08 PM »
Ask Layne if it does.

He will tell you different. So will I.

Sorry dude, you might be that stupid, but I don't think Layne is!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #151 on: March 14, 2007, 08:32:59 PM »
Adonis, you can tell anyone on this board practically anything and it still won't make you believable in any way. You have as much credibility as I do, which is zero. Copying and pasting endless amounts of this shit on here will not change the fact that no one believes your sure-fire "principles" that you still have not elaborated on in any detail nor have you posted your deadlift video or given us your "equation" Your shit is straight out of a white lab coat Muscletech add.
www.essentialnutrition.o rg

Start a thread with me with pictures every week, and I will use my equation on you in about a month-2 months.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #152 on: March 14, 2007, 08:46:32 PM »
True Adonis, do you ever binge drink?

Valhalla awaits.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: March 14, 2007, 08:49:43 PM »
True Adonis, do you ever binge drink?

Never.

2-3 Glasses of Wine a day.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
« Reply #154 on: March 14, 2007, 08:52:10 PM »
what is th epoint of the wine? i know it can be good for you in small doses every day, but I'm sure there are other things that are just as good and dont have empy alcohol calories. 

grape juice possibly
Valhalla awaits.

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #155 on: March 14, 2007, 08:54:45 PM »
Never.

2-3 Glasses of Wine a day.
Get the "Faye" if your going to buy Stags Leap.
 If you really want to get into some serious wine drinking, you might want to check out some of the Piedmont wines like Barolo and Barbaresco.  It will change the way you think about wine.  A lot of the California stuff is to one dimensional with the fruit forward overoaked shit really getting too much attention by American wne drinkers that cant expand their palates.  Trust me, try some of the European stuff.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
« Reply #156 on: March 14, 2007, 09:04:08 PM »
drink beer.
Valhalla awaits.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: March 14, 2007, 09:04:51 PM »
Get the "Faye" if your going to buy Stags Leap.
 If you really want to get into some serious wine drinking, you might want to check out some of the Piedmont wines like Barolo and Barbaresco.  It will change the way you think about wine.  A lot of the California stuff is to one dimensional with the fruit forward overoaked shit really getting too much attention by American wne drinkers that cant expand their palates.  Trust me, try some of the European stuff.

I liked the Pio Cesare a lot. It was a Barolo 2001.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #158 on: March 14, 2007, 09:06:03 PM »
drink beer.

i agree. beer is far better and with a far greater variety than wine. the difference between a light lager, a strong pale ale, or a really powerful stout is far bigger than you'll get between wines.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: March 14, 2007, 09:07:44 PM »
what is th epoint of the wine? i know it can be good for you in small doses every day, but I'm sure there are other things that are just as good and dont have empy alcohol calories. 

grape juice possibly
The benefits are too many to list, including reversing the aging process and increasing longevity.

The Benefits are moreover Red Wine specific.  Here is one Article you may enjoy.

New research clarifies red wine's benefits
By Kathleen Fackelmann, USA TODAY

Researchers are homing in on how a glass of red wine can offer more than just holiday cheer, but also protection against heart disease, according to a study out today.

More heart news  

• Ibuprofen blocks aspirin's heart-protective effects

• Newer birth control pills appear to be safer for heart

That report, which appears in the journal Nature, shines light on a natural chemical in red wine that may protect against clogged arteries.

The findings may help explain a scientific mystery dubbed the "French paradox." Scientists had always wondered why the French have had a relatively low rate of heart disease, despite a diet that often includes rich foods laden with artery-clogging fat.

Roger Corder of the Queen Mary School of Medicine in London focused on flavor compounds in red wine called polyphenols, which had previously been credited with red wine's heart benefit.

In this study, the team doused cow cells growing in lab dishes with polyphenols taken from popular merlots, cabernet sauvignons and other red wines. The team found that polyphenols taken from all of the red wines tested slowed the test-tube production of endothelin-1. This natural chemical may help clog arteries by triggering the growth of smooth muscle cells in the artery wall, a process that leads to fatty deposits.

The findings suggest that people who drink a glass or two of red wine a day get less production of endothelin-1, Corder says.

The researchers found that all the red wines offered the endothelin-1 benefit, but cabernet sauvignon appeared to provide a slight edge.

Red grape juice also slowed the production of endothelin-1, but it wasn't as potent as the red wines, Corder says.

The white and rosé wines the team tested had no effect.

Other studies have shown that drinking red wine may boost the blood levels of HDL cholesterol, the good cholesterol. This is the first study suggesting that red wine's benefit may have something to do with endothelin-1, Corder says.

People who already drink wine might want to consider switching to red wine to get some of the heart benefits, Corder says. Others agree with that, but add a warning about alcohol's downside.

Ira Goldberg, a spokesman for the American Heart Association, says it's easy for people to go overboard on alcohol consumption, which can cause many problems, including liver disease.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: March 14, 2007, 09:08:37 PM »
i agree. beer is far better and with a far greater variety than wine. the difference between a light lager, a strong pale ale, or a really powerful stout is far bigger than you'll get between wines.
Total different chemical structure.  You will not get the same benefits as in Red Wine.

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #161 on: March 14, 2007, 09:09:40 PM »
I liked the Pio Cesare a lot. It was a Barolo 2001.
Good wine.  The Pio Cesare Dolcetto D' Alba is a very good inexpensive wine as well.  You could probably buy it for like 15 bucks.  After my rant about California wine I am actually drinking Chappellet Signature series cab with dinner tonight.  What a hypocrite I can be :D

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: March 14, 2007, 09:10:57 PM »
A Compound in Red Wine Makes Fat Mice Healthy

By Rob Stein
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, November 2, 2006; Page A01

A substance found in red wine protected mice from the ill effects of obesity and extended their life spans, raising the tantalizing prospect that the compound could do the same for humans and may also help people live longer, healthier lives, researchers reported yesterday.

The substance, called resveratrol, enabled mice that were fed a high-calorie, high-fat diet to live normal, active lives despite becoming obese -- the first time any compound has been shown to do that. Tests found that the agent activated a host of genes that protect against aging, essentially neutralizing the adverse effects of the bad diet on the animals' health and longevity.

Although much more work is needed to explore the benefits and safety of the substance, which is sold over the counter as a nutritional supplement, the findings could lead to the long-sought goal of extending the healthy human life span, experts said. Preliminary tests in people are underway.

"We've been looking for something like this for the last 100,000 years, and maybe it's right around the corner -- a molecule that could be taken in a single pill to delay the diseases of aging and keep you healthier as you grow old," said David A. Sinclair, a Harvard Medical School molecular biologist who led the study. "The potential impact would be huge."

The findings triggered excitement among scientists studying aging. They hailed the findings as groundbreaking.

"This represents a likely major landmark," said Stephen L. Helfand, who studies the molecular genetics of aging at Brown University. "This really pushes the field forward. It's quite exciting."

The research, published online by the journal Nature, helps explain a host of observations that have long intrigued researchers, including why French people tend to have fewer heart attacks even though they have high-fat diets and why severely restricting the amount of calories that animals ingest makes them live longer.

"This gives us hope that the idea of harnessing the power of calorie restriction is not a fantasy and can be brought to reality," said Leonard P. Guarente, who studies the biology of aging at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. "This could produce a whole new approach to preventing and treating the diseases of aging."

Previous research has shown that laboratory animals fed very-low-calorie diets live significantly longer, which has prompted some people to try arduous "caloric restriction" diets as a possible fountain of youth, even though their effectiveness in humans remains unproven.

In the hope of finding a drug that could harness the natural life-extending capabilities activated by caloric restriction, Sinclair and his colleagues identified a number of promising compounds, including resveratrol, which is found in red wine, grape skins, peanuts and other plants. The compound, which increases the activity of enzymes known as sirtuins, prolongs the life span of every organism scientists have tested it on, including yeast, worms, fish and fruit flies.

To examine for the first time whether resveratrol could also extend longevity in mammals, Sinclair and his colleagues studied year-old mice, which are the equivalent of middle-aged humans. One-third of the mice were fed a standard diet. Another third ate the equivalent of a junk-food diet -- one very high in calories, with 60 percent of the calories coming from fat. The last third lived on the unhealthful diet combined with resveratrol.

After a year, the researchers found that both groups of mice that ate the junk-food diet got fat, and those that did not get any resveratrol experienced a host of health problems, including bloated livers and the early signs of diabetes and heart disease. They tended to die prematurely.

But the mice that received resveratrol remained healthy and were about 30 percent less likely to die, living as long as the animals that ate a normal diet and stayed thin. Preliminary results indicate resveratrol increases their life span by about 15 percent, which is the equivalent of adding perhaps about 10 human years.

Moreover, the hearts and livers of the animals getting resveratrol looked healthy, the activity of a host of key genes appeared normal, and they showed some of the biological changes triggered by caloric restriction. They also appeared to have a better quality of life, retaining their activity levels and agility.

"It is really quite amazing," Sinclair said. "The mice were still fat, but they looked just as healthy as the lean animals."

The researchers cautioned that the findings should not encourage people to eat badly, thinking resveratrol could make gluttony safe. They also noted that a person would have to drink hundreds of glasses of red wine a day or take megadoses of the commercially available supplements to get the levels given to the mice -- doses that may not be safe. Until human studies are done, no one knows whether the findings apply to people.

But the findings indicate that resveratrol or molecules like it could have myriad benefits, and Sinclair has started taking it. Several other researchers on aging said the results tempted them to start using the supplements as well.

"I'm usually a very cautious person," said Cynthia Kenyon of the University of California at San Francisco. "But I'm seriously thinking about taking resveratrol myself. It seems pretty wonderful."

Said Helfand: "I actually told my mother she should take it. I even went out and got her some."

The researchers are continuing to study the remaining living mice to gauge all the benefits, as well as other mice fed a normal diet or a calorie-restricted diet along with resveratrol to see whether the substance extends life in non-obese animals. So far the results appear promising, researchers said.

"This appears to have a lot of potential," said Rafael de Cabo of the National Institute on Aging, which helped conduct and fund the study.

Sirtris Pharmaceuticals Inc., a biotech company in Cambridge, Mass., that Sinclair helped start and that also helped fund the mouse study, has started testing a version of resveratrol on diabetic humans. Other researchers are studying similar substances to reduce the risk of cancer.

"For now, we counsel patience," Matt Kaeberlein and Peter S. Rabinovitch of the University of Washington wrote in an article accompanying the study. "Just sit back and relax with a glass of red wine. . . . If you must have a Big Mac, fries and apple pie, we may soon know if you should supersize that resveratrol shake."

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #163 on: March 14, 2007, 09:12:10 PM »
Beer is great.  However, your variety comment is WAY off.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: March 14, 2007, 09:12:25 PM »
Good wine.  The Pio Cesare Dolcetto D' Alba is a very good inexpensive wine as well.  You could probably buy it for like 15 bucks.  After my rant about California wine I am actually drinking Chappellet Signature series cab with dinner tonight.  What a hypocrite I can be :D

I am talking about the Pio Cesare` Alba Italia, we paid 80 for it.

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #165 on: March 14, 2007, 09:14:47 PM »

:o :o :o wow i'm impress (the needs to say the price, lolll)
are you delusional?

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #166 on: March 14, 2007, 09:16:42 PM »
Beer is great.  However, your variety comment is WAY off.

no way. the difference between beers is so vast most people wouldn't be able to tell that they're made with the same ingredients. i give someone a simple pilsener, then a strong IPA, and finish it off with a well-made porter and they'd swear there's different stuff in each.

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #167 on: March 14, 2007, 09:23:11 PM »
Try a Pinot Noir and then a Riesling and then a Moscato D' Asti and then finish it off with some Champagne.  I could go on for hours.  Listen, I love beer and wine equally.  Last week I went on a HUGE Belgiun beer binge.  I must have drank 23 Gallons of Dubbel, trippel, Strong Ale, Fucking Quad you name it  (THis was all because I discovered a new shop that carries like 200 different Belgiun beers...I was like a kid in a candy shop) but there are so many different varietals of wine that you really can't say beer has more variety than wine.  I am drunk now.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: March 14, 2007, 11:06:53 PM »
Again. Post the question on the MD board:  Layne, Is there a such thing as a "Clean" or "Dirty" food, a "Good" or a "bad" food.

He will give you an answer.
Layne`s Answer:

for the most part a calorie is a calorie, however diets that are higher in protein and fiber have been shown to take more energy to digest and increase the thermic effect of food. I have an article coming out on this very subject in the next issue of intelligent design. It's late now but i'll post a section of it up for you. Basically, the overall take home message is the #1 thing is that you need to watch your calories, if you eat more than you burn by too much you'll gain fat... even if you are just eating chicken broccoli & rice... you overconsume, you gain fat... but if you underconsume calories eating just twinkies you'll still lose weight. so the calories you consume is important, but the foods you consume them from may help influence that caloric balance. Jezebelle is right though mostly, there are no 'good' or 'bad' foods. One slice of pizza isn't bad, eating the whole thing is.

Hope i didn't confuse you further lol

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
  • My power is discombobulatingly & devastating!
« Reply #169 on: March 14, 2007, 11:09:49 PM »
Layne`s Answer:

for the most part a calorie is a calorie, however diets that are higher in protein and fiber have been shown to take more energy to digest and increase the thermic effect of food. I have an article coming out on this very subject in the next issue of intelligent design. It's late now but i'll post a section of it up for you. Basically, the overall take home message is the #1 thing is that you need to watch your calories, if you eat more than you burn by too much you'll gain fat... even if you are just eating chicken broccoli & rice... you overconsume, you gain fat... but if you underconsume calories eating just twinkies you'll still lose weight. so the calories you consume is important, but the foods you consume them from may help influence that caloric balance. Jezebelle is right though mostly, there are no 'good' or 'bad' foods. One slice of pizza isn't bad, eating the whole thing is.

How I achieved my goal of 4% body fat by eating peanuts out of my own shit.

By The True Adonis

You might say this is pretty astonishing, but then you might be one of those mere ignorami who subscribe to the idea that you’ve got to ‘eat right’ to lose weight. Well, I’m here to blow holes in that silly myth. I achieved 4 % body fat by eating the peanuts, pea husks, and other caloric legumes out of my own shit. Oh, and with a little Vodka sauce, which is a combination of savory tomatoes, olive oil, cheeses, basil, garlic, oregano and a kick of vodka. Emeril has some very good vodka sauce. I eat it all the time, with the peanuts out of my own shit, of course.

You see, a calorie is calorie, and one simply needs to consume less calories, no matter what they are, than one burns. Cardio is not necessary, because I have this ‘equation’ wherein I consider the thermal and mechanical output of my body, calculate my basal metabolic rate, and simply eat less than that.

Eating the peanuts out of my own shit makes it even easier. This is because I get the full caloric value out of the legume, instead of this mythological “calorie value” you’re supposed to get from the first time around. I find it takes at least three passages to get the full flavor and caloric content from my legumes.

Sometimes I eat the peanuts out of my own shit with a Burger King Whopper. Of course, then I’m eating the sesame seeds out of my own shit for a day or two, which are quite good with Vodka sauce…Did I mention that Emeril has some very good vodka sauce?

QUOTED 2007

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #170 on: March 14, 2007, 11:13:42 PM »
Layne`s Answer:

Basically, the overall take home message is the #1 thing is that you need to watch your calories, if you eat more than you burn by too much you'll gain fat... even if you are just eating chicken broccoli & rice... you overconsume, you gain fat... but if you underconsume calories eating just twinkies you'll still lose weight. so the calories you consume is important, but the foods you consume them from may help influence that caloric balance. Jezebelle is right though mostly, there are no 'good' or 'bad' foods. One slice of pizza isn't bad, eating the whole thing is.

No shit.......commonsense, WTF is your point? But there is a difference between shit food and clean food...........care to get owned, AGAIN?

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
  • My power is discombobulatingly & devastating!
« Reply #171 on: March 14, 2007, 11:18:47 PM »
Good foods just works better in athletes and everyone else and thats very common knowledge.  A great diet with training and whole good foods would help most people deadlift 225 a 112 times too, try it.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: March 15, 2007, 12:10:50 AM »
Good foods just works better in athletes and everyone else and thats very common knowledge.  A great diet with training and whole good foods would help most people deadlift 225 a 112 times too, try it.
Look up Michael Phelps and his diet since you want to talk about athletes.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: March 15, 2007, 12:14:20 AM »
"I've got to get more sleep than I did last night," said Phelps, who found an Athens routine that works. "The thing I'm having in the dining hall twice a day is pizza and pasta, and that's all I've been eating. After the meet is done, it's all-you-can-eat at McDonald's."

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: March 15, 2007, 12:16:12 AM »
By HOWARD COHEN hcohen@herald.com

Two weeks ago Michael Phelps, arguably the world's top swimmer, had his eyes on one thing: winning gold at the Olympic Games in Athens.

After winning his sixth and becoming this Olympics' shining star he eagerly refocused his attention on another cause: eating a Big Mac or two with french fries.

Finally, some good news for the embattled carb.

Many trainers recommend voluminous quantities of food and carbohydrate-rich offerings like pancakes, pasta and potatoes for the super athlete.

For endurance athletes, the generally accepted daily 2,000 calorie diet and carb-free lifestyle is akin to putting in a quarter tank of gas when you need to drive from Fort Lauderdale to Gainesville. It ain't gonna cut it.

Try 6,000 calories a day. Or more. That would define Phelps' diet, which on any given day finds the 6-foot-4, 195-pound jock chowing down on french toast, pancakes, cereal, omelets, steak, mashed potatoes, Caesar salad, ice cream and energy bars.

But that's Phelps. While the average gymgoer or weekend athlete may burn about 200 to 700 calories an hour doing something like running, taking a Tae Bo class or spinning, Phelps burns at least 3,000 calories a day swimming up to seven miles in five hours -- every day. That's what helped place him atop the winner's podium in Athens.

As a competitive swimmer from grade school through college, I can relate. Eating like that served me well. For awhile. But when I stopped competing, I discovered that, like most people, 2,000 calories is about the maximum to avoid packing on pounds.

''The key is top-conditioned athletes,'' says sports trainer Brian Glaspy, coordinator of the Wellness Program at the University of Miami. ''When you are putting out that much more energy expenditure, the body needs to take in more calories for recovery and repair,'' Glaspy says. Otherwise, one loses muscle mass. Carbs also help ward off dehydration in long workouts by retaining some of the body's water.

Focusing on proteins and fats a la Atkins also will not likely put an athlete on the gold medal platform. Says Glaspy, ``After high energy exercise activity the body has two hours to put carbs back in to the system to restore glycogen in the liver and then in the muscle itself because so much of it was burned off during the process to create explosiveness.''