Author Topic: Luke Wood, is bodybuilding your only source of $???  (Read 9824 times)

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
Re: Luke Wood, is bodybuilding your only source of $???
« Reply #75 on: March 16, 2007, 10:33:13 AM »
Okay....Ive been in the sport for 25 years...in the 80s, teen contests in bodybuilding were EVERYWHERE, with even local shows having 80-90+ contestants....in those days, if you werenta  pro by 25, forget it.

Those teens are now masters....with disposable income, mind you, ...which is why the supplement industry is doing okay, and why masters competitions are outstanding in quality with many comepetitors....compare the current NPC Teen Nationals with the NPC MAsters nationals.....it makes sense that companies are doing well financially....what happensover te next 20 years when there are no aging teens to fill the ranks?

Why are pros older these days?  Because the gene pool of younger guys is DYING.

In the 80s, most gyms hada  few teens interested in competing...that is almost nonexistent now, with most guys in their late 30s-40s the ones filling that slot.  Contracts?  Vince Mcmahan helped start that, maybe PDI will continue it, but even recently weider/ami tightened their contract belts

Id rethink those investments!

Lotta truth in this post unfortunately........... ......................

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
  • riding shotgun on the team Nasser War wagon
« Reply #76 on: March 16, 2007, 10:37:43 AM »
Chick, from your personal encounters with pro bodybuilders would you say the majority of them run legit businesses like yourself to get by, or that the majority are into shady practices to earn a living, like selling gear, G4P?? We all know Kamali lived in his parents basement until he was 33 and now gets supported by his wife, but what about other bodybuilders you know personally?

Anwsear the question Chick.
shotgun on the team

insidescoop

• Getbig II
« Reply #77 on: March 16, 2007, 11:35:34 AM »
Just like any maturing industry, there are always many startups at the beginning. Then later on, the only companies who are left are the strongest ones. Few new startups appear, and only ones with huge backing.

Same with bbing. In the 70-80's it was maturing and easy to break into the ranks. Now, its more mature and everyone wants to do it, so those with the power can be very picky and choosy. And only the creme of the crop rise to the top.

Also, since the bar has been raised, the cost has also gone up. Both cost and resources. Now, you need a team to get anywhere (dietitian, guru, trainer, source, etc.). You need a fairly large disposable income and plenty of time. Before, any schmuck could get on stage with no team and a very small expense.

This is why pros today are older.

oh yeah right, bodybuilding is so complicated that no aspiring 20 year old could get it done...so that obviously explains why teen bodybuilding contests are non existent.  Shawn ray at the 87 nationals was just some 21 year old schmuck........

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #78 on: March 16, 2007, 12:10:06 PM »
Bingo!!

the dirty little secret of bodybuilding is that MOST pros are either drug dealers or prostitutes./...Ive been in the upper levels of bodybuilding for 20 years......most pro bodybuilders are NOT people youd want over to have dinner with your family....have you ever noticed that a prerequisite for a IFBB Pro Card, little known, is that a bodybuilder have at least one felony conviction to qualify.  Look it uo.

how'd ronnie get his and then become a cop?

you cant be a cop with a felony.
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
  • riding shotgun on the team Nasser War wagon
« Reply #79 on: March 16, 2007, 12:25:13 PM »
Chick chooses not to answear my question as he knows damn well that he is the exception in being a bodybuilding who sustains his lifestyle with a legit job.
shotgun on the team

insidescoop

• Getbig II
« Reply #80 on: March 16, 2007, 01:39:46 PM »
how'd ronnie get his and then become a cop?

you cant be a cop with a felony.

what part of MOST do you have a problem understanding?

insidescoop

• Getbig II
« Reply #81 on: March 16, 2007, 01:41:13 PM »
Obviously you know nothing about bodybuilding.

why do i have a feeling your some 16 year old wannabe typing away in his parents basement?  Oh, and muscletech WILL NOT deliver better results than steroids, either

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.

Luke Wood

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #83 on: March 17, 2007, 07:00:36 PM »
 I SECOND this! At the Arnold expo...Ed and I interviewd him and after we finished we both looked at eachother with absolutel disgust. Probably the absolute WORST interview. Guy was as dumb as a fkn tree stump. Every joke Ed threw at him got a...'huh?' response.

Ed mentiond how his arms looked good and didn't show nasty signs of site-injections like other guys(giving him a compliment)...Luke goes...'I do not know what those are...I do not know about things like that...'

Ed then asked him about his future shows and his plans to which he replies...'I, uh...just workout you know?'

Yea. He may be cool on here but I agree...he's either a trust fund baby or a typical bodybuilder who lives at home and has everything paved away for him by parents.

Did it ever occure to you i was just playing dumb you fool!!! you are asking me site injecting questions when im sitting at my sponsors booth and im suppose say agree with your questions!!! What ridiculos questions to ask at that time when i have fans and my boss's standing around me to ask crap like that!!! Mate you are the dumb ass here!

Luke Wood

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #84 on: March 17, 2007, 07:06:58 PM »
Once again getbig never ceases to amaze! but thankyou all for your imput as to what i do for a living and my level of intellegence!

To the fans here i have i have always respect you guys very much and thankyou for your support!

Now i live full time in Australia. I am a personal trainer. I also get competitors ready for shows and do training and diet programmes over the internet. I also have a contract with 6 Star Muscle fuel. When i go to the US i take a 3 mth visa and train there normally anywhere from 6 to 8 weeks before the show. I will stay normally for another 4 weeks or so after the shows are done. This time i did'nt as i had to get back for the Aussie pro show.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #85 on: March 18, 2007, 04:52:59 AM »
Did it ever occure to you i was just playing dumb you fool!!! you are asking me site injecting questions when im sitting at my sponsors booth and im suppose say agree with your questions!!! What ridiculos questions to ask at that time when i have fans and my boss's standing around me to ask crap like that!!! Mate you are the dumb ass here!

::) ::)

So you admit that you have to lie to fulfill your contract?

BTW...

meltdown.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #86 on: March 19, 2007, 01:35:55 AM »
::) ::)

So you admit that you have to lie to fulfill your contract?

BTW...

meltdown.
hahahhahh donkeykong your nasty

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #87 on: March 19, 2007, 06:11:25 AM »
hahahhahh donkeykong your nasty

Why? It's just the truth.

He is sitting there with some fancy creatine-glutamine-sugar-"super-secret-miracle-ingredient-that-doesn't-do-shit"-supplement box and has to tell everyone that's where his muscles come from.
When someone comes up to him and asks about roids he starts lying and playing dumb.

Now that's nasty.  ;D ;D ;D

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #88 on: March 19, 2007, 07:13:59 AM »
Well, I think that was as dumb as they come to go ask a pro about site injection at an expo. What did they expect Luke to answer. I know some other pros who would have curse them out. Luke was nice about it. They should have approched Kamali with the same questions ;)

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #89 on: March 19, 2007, 11:48:48 AM »
Why? It's just the truth.

He is sitting there with some fancy creatine-glutamine-sugar-"super-secret-miracle-ingredient-that-doesn't-do-shit"-supplement box and has to tell everyone that's where his muscles come from.
When someone comes up to him and asks about roids he starts lying and playing dumb.

Now that's nasty.  ;D ;D ;D
HAHAHA poor lukes trying to get paid, let him sell his company's useless sugar mix, but to ask him a questions regarding injections in front of his employer is a bit off, he did the right thing

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: March 19, 2007, 12:09:13 PM »

OH, man!

"...with so much drama in the LBC it's kind of hard being Snoop D-O-DoubleG"

NOBODY...even the kiddies there thinks you got your physique from your sponsor. Even your sponsor knows...you don't use their products.

The camera was OFF...we were just being real with you. To quote the LEGENDARY Squadfather(peace be upon hisname)...

"...calm down tiger, it aint that serious...go make a sandwich and have a glass of milk "
?