Author Topic: ICE CREAMS and calorie is a calorie and Haha Apenis - all three threads merged.  (Read 84327 times)

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
Re: ICE CREAM FOR EVERYONE !!!
« Reply #650 on: November 20, 2008, 05:50:55 PM »
"The macronutrients (excluding fiber and water) provide energy, which is measured in kilocalories, often called "Calories" and written with a capital C to distinguish individual calories. Carbohydrates and proteins provide four (4) Calories of energy per gram, while fats provide nine (9) Calories per gram.[1] Vitamins, minerals, fiber, and water do not provide energy, but are necessary for other reasons."

I really don't understand what you are getting at, of course we mean energy in the physical sense, not the psychological sense.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #651 on: November 20, 2008, 05:52:36 PM »
actually adrenaline does use glycogen, fat too.

Not in the short term as per my example. Meaning this is not where the energy is coming from.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #652 on: November 20, 2008, 05:54:13 PM »
"The macronutrients (excluding fiber and water) provide energy, which is measured in kilocalories, often called "Calories" and written with a capital C to distinguish individual calories. Carbohydrates and proteins provide four (4) Calories of energy per gram, while fats provide nine (9) Calories per gram.[1] Vitamins, minerals, fiber, and water do not provide energy, but are necessary for other reasons."

I really don't understand what you are getting at, of course we mean energy in the physical sense, not the psychological sense.

So are you saying that pure white sugar is a macro nutrient?

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #653 on: November 20, 2008, 05:58:34 PM »

It's a carbohydrate, isn't it?

HeyNow

• Getbig III
Re: Hahahaha Apenis is so owned!!!!!
« Reply #654 on: November 20, 2008, 06:04:56 PM »
I gram for i pound has been around since I started lifting in the 70's.  That is far from new.  He weighs 160 pounds.  If he was eating like this how come he weighs 160.  He does not lifts weights.  He has no muscle to speak of.  He is lean as hell but concentration camp people were lean too and had abs.  His muscle size and weight combined with his height sure doesn't look like he eats 160 grams of protein a day.  But, who knows maybe he has super metabolism and he just can't get any muscle.

So you eat 70 grams of protein a day?  Up your dosage.  Take more guys in the parking lot so you can get more protein the way you really like too.  Did you ever ask your doctor how much protein is in a load like you said you were going to do ;D

QFT

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #655 on: November 20, 2008, 06:05:25 PM »
It's a carbohydrate, isn't it?

I'll let you decide that one.

Carbohydrates (from 'hydrates of carbon') or saccharides (Greek σάκχαρον, sákcharon, meaning "sugar") are the most abundant of the four major classes of biomolecules. They fill numerous roles in living things, such as the storage and transport of energy (starch, glycogen) and structural components (cellulose in plants, chitin in animals). Additionally, carbohydrates and their derivatives play major roles in the working process of the immune system, fertilization, pathogenesis, blood clotting, and development.[1]

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #656 on: November 20, 2008, 06:10:32 PM »
Also you may find it interesting to know that carbohydrates are not essential nutrients in humans, but fats and proteins are. The body can obtain all its energy from protein and fats. NOw., before you come back and say the the brain needs carbs for energy, this is not true. It needs glucose. The body can make the glucose it needs for the brain and neurons from a few of the amino acids in protein and also from the glycerol backbone in triglycerides.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #657 on: November 20, 2008, 06:10:47 PM »
Oh my.  I am stunned.  :o

You did not know that Sugar is a Carbohydrate?  Im speechless.  :-X

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #658 on: November 20, 2008, 06:11:56 PM »
Oh my.  I am stunned.  :o

You did not know that Sugar is a Carbohydrate?  Im speechless.  :-X

Come on Adam, I did not say that sugar was not a carb. Show me where I said this?

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #659 on: November 20, 2008, 06:12:44 PM »
I'll let you decide that one.

Carbohydrates (from 'hydrates of carbon') or saccharides (Greek σάκχαρον, sákcharon, meaning "sugar") are the most abundant of the four major classes of biomolecules. They fill numerous roles in living things, such as the storage and transport of energy (starch, glycogen) and structural components (cellulose in plants, chitin in animals). Additionally, carbohydrates and their derivatives play major roles in the working process of the immune system, fertilization, pathogenesis, blood clotting, and development.[1]

I'm not the expert, you are.
Chemically speaking, do you think sugar is a carbohydrate, yes or no?
Do you think it provides physical energy to the body?

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #660 on: November 20, 2008, 06:13:20 PM »
Also you may find it interesting to know that carbohydrates are not essential nutrients in humans, but fats and proteins are. The body can obtain all its energy from protein and fats. NOw., before you come back and say the the brain needs carbs for energy, this is not true. It needs glucose. The body can make the glucose it needs for the brain and neurons from a few of the amino acids in protein and also from the glycerol backbone in triglycerides.

but that was not the topic at all

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #661 on: November 20, 2008, 06:16:27 PM »
Uhhhhh.
Glucose is the form of sugar that travels in your bloodstream to fuel the mitochondrial furnaces responsible for your brain power. Glucose is the only fuel normally used by brain cells. Because neurons cannot store glucose, they depend on the bloodstream to deliver a constant supply of this precious fuel.

This blood sugar is obtained from carbohydrates: the starches and sugars you eat in the form of grains and legumes, fruits and vegetables. (The only animal foods containing a significant amount of carbohydrates are dairy products.)

Brain Energy Demand

Your brain cells need two times more energy than the other cells in your body.

Neurons, the cells that communicate with each other, have a high demand for energy because they're always in a state of metabolic activity. Even during sleep, neurons are still at work repairing and rebuilding their worn out structural components.

They are manufacturing enzymes and neurotransmitters that must be transported out to the very ends of their– nerve branches, some that can be several inches, or feet, away.

Most demanding of a neuron's energy, however, are the bioelectric signals responsible for communication throughout the nervous system. This nerve transmission consumes one-half of all the brain's energy (nearly 10% of the whole body's energy).

Dr. Norberto Cysne Coimbra M.Sc., Ph.D., Laboratory of Neuroanatomy and Neuropsychobiology, Faculty of Medicine of Ribeirăo Preto of the University of săo Paulo; Neuroscience Art Galleries

Complex vs. Simple Carbohydrates

Complex carbohydrates are like time-release capsules of sugar. Simple carbohydrates are more like an injection of sugar.

Complex carbohydrates tend to be in natural foods – and have long chains of sugar molecules that the liver gradually breaks down into the shorter glucose molecules the brain uses for fuel. In natural foods, the cell walls are made of cellulose fiber that resists digestion, slowing the breakdown and the subsequent release of sugars into the bloodstream, kind of like the way a time-release capsule works.

Simple carbohydrates are found in most processed or refined foods and some natural foods. These carbohydrates have short-chained sugar molecules and, because they break apart quickly, enter the bloodstream quickly. Sugary foods--including corn syrup, fruit juices, and honey--contain glucose that is absorbed directly through the stomach wall and rapidly released into the bloodstream, almost as quickly as if delivered by syringe.

Most of us have discovered that thinking can be tiring, even exhausting. As the primary source of energy in the human brain, glucose can be rapidly used up during mental activity.

Some interesting research has shown that mental concentration actually drains glucose from a key part of the brain associated with memory and learning – underscoring just how crucial this blood sugar is for proper brain function.

Glucose, Learning and Memory - Study       

Psychology professor Paul E. Gold has researched the stability of glucose levels in the brain. Working with Ewan C. McNay , they found that as rats went through a maze, concentrations of glucose declined in the animals' hippocampus , a key brain area involved in learning and memory – even more dramatically so in older brains.

Except under conditions of starvation, it was thought that the brain always had an ample supply of glucose. "While this is the case in terms of consciousness, the new findings suggest that glucose is not always present in ample amounts to optimally support learning and memory functions," said Gold, who is director of the Medical Scholars Program in the University of Illinois College of Medicine.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #662 on: November 20, 2008, 06:17:52 PM »
very strange

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #663 on: November 20, 2008, 06:17:56 PM »
When Dr. Carol Greenwood tested the memory of older adults after they ate a breakfast of mashed potatoes or barley, she found that "eating carbohydrate foods can improve memory within an hour after ingestion in healthy elderly people with relatively poor memories."

In another study, Greenwood and her colleagues at the University of Toronto gave a group of healthy senior citizens a bowl of cereal and milk, along with white grape juice for breakfast. Another group only drank water. When tested twenty minutes later, the cereal-eaters had a better memory – able to remember 25% more facts.

Not only does a diet lacking in carbohydrates cut off the brain's main energy supply, Greenwood said a scarcity of glucose can impede the synthesis of acetylcholine, one of the brain's key neurotransmitters.1

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #664 on: November 20, 2008, 06:19:19 PM »
But I don't think that was the topic, I just wanted to know if Disgusted thinks that suger (whatever type) provides physical energy. Obviously it does.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #665 on: November 20, 2008, 06:23:58 PM »
I think therefore I`m ripped. LOL

I once told someone I don`t need to do cardio because I read a lot.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #666 on: November 20, 2008, 06:25:36 PM »
but that was not the topic at all

Never said it was. There are others on here to ya know.  ;)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #667 on: November 20, 2008, 06:27:33 PM »
Carbohydrates are not an essential nutrient, true or false.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #668 on: November 20, 2008, 06:28:49 PM »
Look up the definition of food. and NO, it does not provide energy. It robs the body of energy.
???

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #669 on: November 20, 2008, 06:29:37 PM »

True but I don't understand why you say refined sugar provides NOTHING. I think we can agree that refined sugar doesn't add much other than pure energy and may even "rob" the body of other nutrients, but to say it provides NOTHING seems strange.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #670 on: November 20, 2008, 06:30:40 PM »
To function in society they are.  Unless of course you don`t value the ability to think.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #671 on: November 20, 2008, 06:32:40 PM »
To function in society they are.  Unless of course you don`t value the ability to think.

EEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR  WRONG!

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #672 on: November 20, 2008, 06:33:28 PM »
???

If that was true, one would lose weight when adding refined sugar to the diet.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #673 on: November 20, 2008, 06:35:16 PM »
The other problem with complete Carbohydrate elimination will be a Vitamin Deficiency by default which can cause a whole slew of health-related problems, weaken the immune system and then die from a viral infection.

Its just like Cancer.  Cancer by itself does not kill you, but when it weakens the immune system and organ failure ensues, better hang it up and call the mortician.

Cancer by itself is not fatal, its what Cancer does, just as what an extreme Vitamin or Nutrient deficiency can do.

I DARE you to put a senior citizen with a weakened immune system on a Zero Carb diet.  I dare you...

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #674 on: November 20, 2008, 06:35:56 PM »

lol, well how do eskimos live?? They eat only fatty meat and fatty fish.