Author Topic: ICE CREAMS and calorie is a calorie and Haha Apenis - all three threads merged.  (Read 84383 times)

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
Re: ICE CREAM FOR EVERYONE !!!
« Reply #700 on: November 20, 2008, 07:16:37 PM »
YES!

Hmmmm, you both seem to think refined sugar has no nutrional value yet Disgusted thinks I would lose weight while you think I would gain weight. ???

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #701 on: November 20, 2008, 07:17:04 PM »
Sarah Palin`s husband is an eskimo.  Perhaps we should ask him how most Eskimos today eat.  I did see a video of Todd and Sarah Palin at a Diner in Pennsylvania eating what looked to be a cheesesteak that had two nice pieces of bread overflowing with swiss cheese.

I was talking about the inuit eskimo who inhabit the Arctic and northern Bering Sea coasts of Alaska  ;)

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #702 on: November 20, 2008, 07:18:04 PM »
Hmmmm, you both seem to think refined sugar has no nutrional value yet Disgusted thinks I would lose weight while you think I would gain weight. ???

Thats not what u asked me..........u asked if i thought I would gain weight.

To which i answered YES!!!

Dont twist my words

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #703 on: November 20, 2008, 07:18:27 PM »
If you are looking to what the OLD Primitive Eskimos ate and not the internet using Wasilla Hillibillies of today, then I will shine some light on that as well.
Excerpts from: The Straight Dope Website.

Much of what we know about the Eskimo diet comes from the legendary arctic anthropologist and adventurer Vilhjalmur Stefansson, who made several daredevil journeys through the region in the early 20th century. Stefansson noticed the same thing you did, that the traditional Eskimo diet consisted largely of meat and fish, with fruits, vegetables, and other carbohydrates--the usual source of vitamin C

Other aspects of the arctic diet also remain controversial. For example, some say the Eskimos could get vitamin C from blueberries during the summer months. while others say you'd be lucky to find enough berries to cover a bowl of Rice Chex. I say let's not sweat the details of the menu, which varied from region to region anyway. We know Eskimos got enough vitamin C in their traditional diet to survive because obviously they did. Now it's academic--most arctic natives live in villages and get their vitamin C from OJ and Juicy Juice, just like you and I.

Vitamin C can be found in a variety of traditional Eskimo/Inuit staples, including the skin of beluga whales (known as muktuk), which is said to contain as much vitamin C as oranges. Other reported sources include the organ meats of sea mammals as well as the stomach contents of caribou.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #704 on: November 20, 2008, 07:20:07 PM »
Sarah Palin`s husband is an eskimo.  Perhaps we should ask him how most Eskimos today eat.  I did see a video of Todd and Sarah Palin at a Diner in Pennsylvania eating what looked to be a cheesesteak that had two nice pieces of bread overflowing with swiss cheese.
Sounds good, any pics?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #705 on: November 20, 2008, 07:20:46 PM »

Dont twist my words

Honestly, how am I twisting your words? I just repeated what you said: refined sugar has no nutritional value and I would gain weight, correct?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #706 on: November 20, 2008, 07:21:04 PM »

Dont twist my words
Oatmeal has little nutritional value.
White rice almost has no nutritonal value.

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #707 on: November 20, 2008, 07:21:56 PM »
Pretty much always in keto on a diet of reindeer and blubber then.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #708 on: November 20, 2008, 07:24:23 PM »
Honestly, how am I twisting your words? I just repeated what you said: refined sugar has no nutritional value and I would gain weight, correct?

You didnt ask me about yourself, u asked me about ME!

So thats what my answer was for, i didnt mention at all what i thought refined sugar would do to YOU! But only for ME.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #709 on: November 20, 2008, 07:25:18 PM »
Oatmeal has little nutritional value.
White rice almost has no nutritonal value.

Ill stick with eating a 1/2 cup of oatmeal in the morning for breakfast over 1/2 cup of table sugar any day Adam! Thank you.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #710 on: November 20, 2008, 07:26:59 PM »
Pretty much always in keto on a diet of reindeer and blubber then.
And fruits and vegetables.

Also, Europeans are poorly adapted for a similar diet as this type of diet was not eaten by Europeans and did not impose Natural Seletion.  Just as the Innuit are not adapted to drinking milk via Natural Selection.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #711 on: November 20, 2008, 07:27:44 PM »

You didnt ask me about yourself, u asked me about ME!

So thats what my answer was for, i didnt mention at all what i thought refined sugar would do to YOU! But only for ME.

Ah OK, sorry bout that. I was talking generally, not individually. Just a misunderstanding.

So I ask again, do you think that generally someone who adds refined sugar to his maintenance diet he would lose or gain weight?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #712 on: November 20, 2008, 07:28:30 PM »
Ill stick with eating a 1/2 cup of oatmeal in the morning for breakfast over 1/2 cup of table sugar any day Adam! Thank you.

Why would you or anyone eat a 1/2 cup of table sugar?

PJim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #713 on: November 20, 2008, 07:30:51 PM »
And fruits and vegetables.

Also, Europeans are poorly adapted for a similar diet as this type of diet was not eaten by Europeans and did not impose Natural Seletion.  Just as the Innuit are not adapted to drinking milk via Natural Selection.

Hmm. I think that our dietary needs are still very similar TA, wouldn't you agree? I still find as an individual and a European, lowering carbohydrate intake creates a feeling of well-being not found whilst on a higher carbohydrate adapted diet.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #714 on: November 20, 2008, 07:32:21 PM »
Hmm. I think that our dietary needs are still very similar TA, wouldn't you agree? I still find as an individual and a European, lowering carbohydrate intake creates a feeling of well-being not found whilst on a higher carbohydrate adapted diet.

An Air Force pilot is not allowed to operate on a Low-Carbohydrate diet and for good reason!

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #715 on: November 20, 2008, 07:34:06 PM »
Maybe a bet?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #716 on: November 20, 2008, 07:34:28 PM »

why would anyone follow the "adonis principles".........still trying to find me an essential carbohydrate adam??? Good luck ;D

PJim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #717 on: November 20, 2008, 07:34:50 PM »
An Air Force pilot is not allowed to operate on a Low-Carbohydrate diet and for good reason!

Ha, pilots live off of ephedrine anyway.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #718 on: November 20, 2008, 07:35:50 PM »
Ah OK, sorry bout that. I was talking generally, not individually. Just a misunderstanding.

So I ask again, do you think that generally someone who adds refined sugar to his maintenance diet he would lose or gain weight?

adding it every now and then, it would not make much of a difference, it probably would give his metabolism a boost which in would return have him lose weight.

adding it in regularly= becoming a fat ass

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #719 on: November 20, 2008, 07:36:00 PM »
Adonis' diet is very simple and it will obviously work. Why is there such a big fuss about it?

PJim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #720 on: November 20, 2008, 07:38:15 PM »
why would anyone follow the "adonis principles".........still trying to find me an essential carbohydrate adam??? Good luck ;D

Carbohydrates are not essential no, but what TA is saying is that any additional macronutrients above the basic required ones will only be stored as bodyfat if in a surplus, regardless of whether they are an essential sub-group or not.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #721 on: November 20, 2008, 07:41:03 PM »
adding it every now and then, it would not make much of a difference, it probably would give his metabolism a boost which in would return have him lose weight.

adding it in regularly= becoming a fat ass

But that's what Disgusted said in this thread, if one adds refined sugar to a mainenance diet, he would lose weight. He did not mean metabolism boost, he meant constantly adding refined sugar to the diet and losing weight because the refined sugar would substract energy from the body.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #722 on: November 20, 2008, 07:48:21 PM »
Adonis' diet is very simple and it will obviously work. Why is there such a big fuss about it?
I already have figured out why.

Its like religion or religious people.  As soon as you question their faith and show them the mountain of evidence against their beliefs and notions, they view it as an attack on themselves.
Why? It is Because they have spent so much time vested in their methods and beliefs that for them to admit that there may be another way or that their way is not the only way or the correct way  basically tears the whole cloak of meaning from their body.

They surely do not want to come to terms with the prospect that the dogma and myths they regard so dearly as truth, despite all available evidence, is in fact based largely on folklore.  Rather than examine the evidence critically, you instead get a lashing out as they do not want their cloak of delusion ripped to shreds. To do this, would strip away thier own personal worth as they have believed and lived something for years and years.

Dogma is a bastard child of human behavior as we are evolutionary programmed pattern seekers and seek to repeat the same thing over and over out of fear.

Fear and Dogma when challenged become hate.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #723 on: November 20, 2008, 07:50:38 PM »
Just to get a third opinion, TA: would one lose weight if he did nothing else to his maintenance diet than adding refined sugar? Or would he gain weight?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #724 on: November 20, 2008, 07:51:26 PM »
Carbohydrates are not essential no, but what TA is saying is that any additional macronutrients above the basic required ones will only be stored as bodyfat if in a surplus, regardless of whether they are an essential sub-group or not.

Carbohydrates CERTAINLY are essential to life in MANY cases. For Instance:

Hypoglycemia can produce a variety of symptoms and effects but the principal problems arise from an inadequate supply of glucose as fuel to the brain, resulting in impairment of function (neuroglycopenia). Derangements of function can range from vaguely "feeling bad" to coma and (rarely) permanent brain damage or death. Hypoglycemia can arise from many causes and can occur at any age. It also sometimes occurs at random.

Response to treatment, especially the amount of carbohydrate needed to reverse or prevent recurrence of hypoglycemia, may provide important clues as well. When 15-30 grams of sugar or starch are given by mouth, a low blood glucose will usually rise by 18-36 mg/dl (1-2 mmol/l) within 5-10 minutes, relieving hypoglycemic symptoms within 10 minutes[citation needed]. It may take longer to recover from severe hypoglycemia with unconsciousness or seizure even after restoration of normal blood glucose. When a person has not been unconscious, failure of carbohydrate to reverse the symptoms in 10-15 minutes increases the likelihood that hypoglycemia was not the cause of the symptoms. When severe hypoglycemia has persisted in a hospitalized patient, the amount of glucose required to maintain satisfactory blood glucose levels becomes an important clue to the underlying etiology. Glucose requirements above 10 mg/kg/minute in infants, or 6 mg/kg/minute in children and adults are strong evidence for hyperinsulinism. In this context this is referred to as the glucose infusion rate (GIR). Finally, the blood glucose response to glucagon given when the glucose is low can also help distinguish among various types of hypoglycemia. A rise of blood glucose by more than 30 mg/dl (1.70 mmol/l) suggests insulin excess as the probable cause of the hypoglycemia.

In other words,
If you do not give this patient Carbohydrates ie Sugar, He DIES!