Author Topic: ICE CREAMS and calorie is a calorie and Haha Apenis - all three threads merged.  (Read 83800 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: "Calories are calories" (oh brother) where did I go wrong?
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2007, 08:37:57 PM »
He is essentially correct. Read it more carefully. His view has been modified from his earlier "theory" to include the realization that macronutrients are processed differently and in different biochemical pathways.

I posted this in another thread:

A calorie is a calorie only if you've assumed it has been already absorbed across the intestinal wall and into the bloodstream in the same metabolic environment.

If you are looking at the caloric content of food before you eat it, a calorie does NOT necessarily equal a calorie in vivo.

You may have neglected to consider the timing of food, amount of food per serving, diurnal variation in hormonal environment, bioavailability, insulin response, permeability of intestinal villi to said factors, and the resultant effect of a "calorie" in different serum hormone (esp. insulin & cortisol) levels.

Layne & True Adonis are correct in that the total caloric intake is probably the most important consideration when losing weight, but there are many other factors to consider.

I never modified, I just figured that the majority already knew this.  I was wrong and that is sad.  People are more ignorant than I thought.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2007, 08:42:51 PM »
He is essentially correct. Read it more carefully. His view has been modified from his earlier "theory" to include the realization that macronutrients are processed differently and in different biochemical pathways.

I posted this in another thread:

A calorie is a calorie only if you've assumed it has been already absorbed across the intestinal wall and into the bloodstream in the same metabolic environment.

If you are looking at the caloric content of food before you eat it, a calorie does NOT necessarily equal a calorie in vivo.

You may have neglected to consider the timing of food, amount of food per serving, diurnal variation in hormonal environment, bioavailability, insulin response, permeability of intestinal villi to said factors, and the resultant effect of a "calorie" in different serum hormone (esp. insulin & cortisol) levels.

Layne & True Adonis are correct in that the total caloric intake is probably the most important consideration when losing weight, but there are many other factors to consider.

I could really get into specifics, but given the audience and their general tendency towards bias and ignorance,(the fact they don`t understand basic concepts), I see it as completely useless.

Hopefully I can at least educate them on simple matters of Science.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2007, 08:44:05 PM »

this 'theory' is great for losing weight, but as far as losing weight WHILE retaining muscle it sucks as exhibited perfectly by TA's own results, and for actually gaining lean muscle mass it is utterly useless

Big Lee

• Getbig II
  • Roadhouse was a great movie.
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2007, 08:44:45 PM »
Ok, take 2 twins, have them expend same amount of energy training and resting but feed one on 2000 cal of sugar and the other on 2000 cal spread over 6 meals of rice and chicken and olive oil.  In 2 years one would be dead and the other have muscles.  This is stupid.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2007, 08:44:51 PM »
this 'theory' is great for losing weight, but as far as losing weight WHILE retaining muscle it sucks as exhibited perfectly by TA's own results, and for actually gaining lean muscle mass it is utterly useless
Wrong.

This isn`t theory. It is SCIENTIFIC LAW.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2007, 08:45:25 PM »
Ok, take 2 twins, have them expend same amount of energy training and resting but feed one on 2000 cal of sugar and the other on 2000 cal spread over 6 meals of rice and chicken and olive oil.  In 2 years one would be dead and the other have muscles.  This is stupid.

Again, You must meet the RDA first.

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2007, 08:49:07 PM »
Was the information I sent to you correct?
\

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2007, 08:51:38 PM »
I wonder how much time in a day Apenis spends trying to defend himself yet still loses the battle.

pumpher

• Getbig III
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2007, 08:52:50 PM »

Yes. A calorie is just a measure for energy.

But read how he carefully worded his statements again. He is correct (maybe purposefully deceitful, but correct)

How your body absorbs different nutrients across the intestinal membrane and what it does with protein, carbohydrates or lipids is an entirely different story.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2007, 08:54:30 PM »
I also wonder why does Apenis always have to quote others.  He is proving to everyone he has not come up with anything new.  He actually copies what others have already proven.  It's like telling everyone Babe Ruth hit 714 home runs over and over again.  We all know that and that you didn't hit the home runs.  This guy is a tool

TheAnimal

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2007, 08:58:21 PM »
I also wonder why does Apenis always have to quote others.  He is proving to everyone he has not come up with anything new.  He actually copies what others have already proven.  It's like telling everyone Babe Ruth hit 714 home runs over and over again.  We all know that and that you didn't hit the home runs.  This guy is a tool
Most educated people derive and support statements/opinions from prior independant research such as credible journal articles. Going through the university process will teach you this.

joejoe

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2007, 09:00:51 PM »

problem is fat man, people keep telling him ruth didnt hit 714 homeruns even though all the record books adonis keeps quoting says he did. i guess your brain is just as squishy as your body.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2007, 09:01:21 PM »
Most educated people derive and support statements/opinions from prior independant research such as credible journal articles. Going through the university process will teach you this.
Exactly.

And this is PRECISELY why america is so stupid.

They fail miserably at doing this in ALL areas.

ignorance

• Getbig III
  • https://www.facebook.com/ResearchBodybuilding
« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2007, 09:07:40 PM »
Adonis be glad I'm no a an Admin I would delete your fagot account so fast.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2007, 09:09:19 PM »
Adonis be glad I'm no a an Admin I would delete your fagot account so fast.
Why?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2007, 09:11:13 PM »
Please Visit

www.essentialnutrition.o rg

Good luck on going against this Prestigious body:
Members of the Partnership for Essential Nutrition are:

Alliance for Aging Research
American Association of Diabetes Educators
American Council on Science and Health
American Institute for Cancer Research
American Obesity Association
Harvard Medical School
MedStar Research Institute
National Consumers League
National Women's Health Resource Center
Nutritional Sciences Program at the University of Washington
Pennington Biomedical Research Center
Shape Up America!
Society for Women's Health Research
University of California at Davis Department of Nutrition
UCLA Center for Human Nutrition
Yale-Griffin Prevention Research Center

PLEASE USE...........

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2007, 09:11:30 PM »
BMR at 6.5 cal per lb of bodymass says I require about 1450 cal at rest plus 450 per workout. So at about 1700 I'm defficient and should get ripped soon. Calories being calories and proteins, supplements being all a scam, I decided to get my 1700 cals on Cap n' Crunch and Cocopuffs, both will only bring me 4g of protein so I should be fine.

3 weeks later I'm wasting like there's no tomorow, my insulin is all fucked up and glucose to glucagon ratio is off the roof.

Where did I go wrong with my great application of those so called "Principles"?

Breaking out of that madness, I remembered something from biochemistry called PTOR (protein turn over rate). That scientifically proven rule says that my LBM x 1.818 is what I need to prevent from going catabolic. so that's about 310g of protein.

I come to the conclusion that the fucking idiots who think that "calories are calories" are misleading the goodhearted getbiggers.

Discuss  ;D

NO WAY......I can't believe it, who would of thunk it?

Exept me owning "Adonis" all day and night long on this subject!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2007, 09:17:27 PM »
http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/cabi/pns/1999/00000058/00000002/art00027

Optimal intakes of protein in the human diet
Author: Millward D.J.*

Source: Proceedings of the Nutrition Society, Volume 58, Number 2, 1999, pp. 403-413(11)

Publisher: CABI Publishing

< previous article | next article > | View Table of Contents 

Key:  - Free content  - New Content  - Subscribed Content  - Free Trial Content

Abstract:

For protein, progress is slow in defining quantifiable indicators of adequacy other than balance and growth. As far as current requirements are concerned, only in the case of infants and children is there any case for revision, and this change is to lower values. Such intakes would appear to be safe when consumed as milk formula. In pregnancy, notwithstanding the concern that deficiency may influence programming of disease in later life, there is little evidence of any increased need, and some evidence that increased intakes would pose a risk. For the elderly there is no evidence of an increased requirement or of benefit from increased intakes, except possibly for bone health. For adults, while we now know much more about metabolic adaptation to varying intakes, there would appear to be no case for a change in current recommendations. As far as risks and benefits of high intakes are concerned, there is now only a weak case for risk for renal function. For bone health the established views of risk of high protein intakes are not supported by newly emerging data, with benefit indicated in the elderly. There is also circumstantial evidence for benefit on blood pressure and stroke mortality. With athletes there is little evidence of benefit of increased intakes in terms of performance, with older literature suggesting an adverse influence. Thus, given that a safe upper limit is currently defined as twice the reference nutrient intake, and that for individuals with high energy requirements this value (1·5 g/kg per d) is easily exceeded, there is a case for revising the definition of a safe upper limit.

Dear Stupid,

As I have stated before, bodybuilders ARE NOT athletes and their diets cannot even be remotely compared................ .just let me know if you're up to another brutal owning by yours truly, just say the word!

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2007, 09:18:44 PM »
I do. In Physics.

What university awarded you this degree, and in what year?
Ron: "I am lazy."

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2007, 09:20:18 PM »
Dear Stupid,

As I have stated before, bodybuilders ARE NOT athletes and their diets cannot even be remotely compared................ .just let me know if you're up to another brutal owning by yours truly, just say the word!
Exactly. So you then also agree that they don`t require any special attention to protein in their diet as evidenced by all of those studies.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2007, 09:20:31 PM »
What university awarded you this degree, and in what year?

Adonis wanted me to give you this message...........

CRICKETS!!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2007, 09:35:23 PM »
Exactly. So you then also agree that they don`t require any special attention to protein in their diet as evidenced by all of those studies.

No, I don't agree, Adonis, do realize I've been doing this shit for along time and I do it for a living, and if my athletes don't perform correctly it's my ass? It's my job that the agents that come to me with their athletes depend on me for them to perform at the highest possible level and more than training itself, their eating program comes first.....dude, your the one that has no clue, and for you to even think about challenging me is rediculous in itself!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2007, 09:38:28 PM »
No, I don't agree, Adonis, do realize I've been doing this shit for along time and I do it for a living, and if my athletes don't perform correctly it's my ass? It's my job that the agents that come to me with their athletes depend on me for them to perform at the highest possible level and more than training itself, their eating program comes first.....dude, your the one that has no clue, and for you to even think about challenging me is rediculous in itself!

You also Believe in Angels, Miracles, the earth is less than 10,000 years old and that it was created in a few days.

You are nobody to take serious since you reject ALL Science and Scientific Law that is PROVEN.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #73 on: March 15, 2007, 09:40:30 PM »
You also Believe in Angels, Miracles, the earth is less than 10,000 years old and that it was created in a few days.

You are nobody to take serious since you reject ALL Science and Scientific Law that is PROVEN.

Did you cut and paste this post? Way to dodge my answer!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2007, 11:24:37 PM »

You are truly a nobody.  Hey where is that degree you have boy.  Another lie uh?  Hurry up you should have been able to scan one by now and put your name on it.  Just be sure to include the university so we can verify.  Thanks boy.  I'm sure you'll get right on it like the video.  Bam you've been owned again.  You do know you qualify as a slave don't you.