Author Topic: training schedule  (Read 1119 times)

BadConduct

• Getbig II
training schedule
« on: March 18, 2007, 07:16:23 PM »
could anyone give me an example of a schedule.  Im fairly new to workin out but ive been in the marine corps for about a year so im nowhere near bad shape.  One thing about the corps they dont really teach you how to work out properly in a gym their idea of a work out is a 10 mile run up a hill with 70 pounds pack on your back.  Ive read that beginers should work out chest/tricep, back/bicep/, shoulders legs but i also hears that i should work out every muscle seperatly like monday- chest, tues- tri and so forth.  thanks in advance for any input.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
Re: training schedule
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 08:56:27 PM »
We're gonna need more info.  How many days can you put in at the gym, what are you looking to achieve:- size, strength, conditioning, etc.

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 09:27:34 PM »
if you're just starting, 3 times a week for the first 3-6 months is plenty.

mon: legs, abs
wed: chest, shoulders, triceps
fri: back, biceps, abs

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 01:18:20 AM »
I've been training for years and have dropped to only 3 workouts a week.  at first you can grow doing up to 6 workouts a week,as you get stronger, your body needs more time to recover.

My workouts at the moment

Chest, biceps, triceps
Back and shoulders
Quads, hamstring and calves

I also hit my abs three times a week with three sets.  For me this works, for abs you'll have to figure out what works for you.
It hasn't helped...

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 05:51:31 AM »
As a beginner, it is important for you not to get caught up in doing bodypart splits. What you need to do is work your whole body in the training sessions, 3 times a week.

Full body workout:
Squats
Bench Press
Barbell Rows
Hyperextensions
Ab Work

Once a week, substitute workout:
Deadlifts
Dips
Pullups
Military Press
Barbell Curls
Tricep Extensions
follow the arrows

BadConduct

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 08:15:22 AM »
i can go to the gym everyday, live been goin to preety much every day for the past 2 weeks.  Im looking to get big, and i was thinking something like this

mon- chest/tri
tues- cardio and abs
wed- back/bi
thur-cardio and abs
fri- legs/shoulders
sat- cardio

or i could just skip workout on weekend completly

also since im used to putting my body thru a lot of physical stress so i been goin to the gym and doin 3 exercises (9 sets total) for bicep i feel like like im not gettin a work out.  Thats why if u have read one of previous posts thats why ive been doin like 7-8 diffirent exercises ( like 20 sets total) for a muscle group.  But from what people said thats not good for me since i wont have time to recover.  But i noticed that i have not been doin the weight i should be.  I think i been underselling myself and doin less weight that i should be.  Should i increase weight and do 12-10-8 reps?

smaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 08:18:55 AM »
Well you're actually only doing weights 3 times a week so that should be fine.  You're doing a lot of cardio so unless you are eating a shitload you wont get big.  You will also need one day of complete rest a week.
It hasn't helped...

BadConduct

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 08:24:40 AM »
well i havent been doin cardio as much, schedule above is what im thinking of starting doin today.  Another thing ...i been doin cardio maybe once a month and im thinking that ill start swimming instead of running cus of my injury (recovering from a femoral neck stress fracture).  Also i onloy wait about 30-45 sec sometimes less between seets so im thinking of increasing that time to about 2 mins or so.

smaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2007, 08:26:49 AM »
I take short breaks between sets.  Do what you like to keep intensity levels high.  I also do regular swimming but unless you're doing frontcrawl there is little aerobic benefit.  Having to take your clothes off in the pool also gives you that little extra bit of motivation!  ;D
It hasn't helped...

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2007, 02:42:54 PM »
i think that ppl that have just started training should do a full body training style and  after about a year switch to a  training spilt..   in which you train half of you body one day and train the other  half the next day and then reast on the  following day

do one or two exerise per muscle group.  do do any crazy things that we do like drop sets or any thing like that yet... remember, the key to success with bbing is to rest and eat