Author Topic: War rallies over the weekend  (Read 6095 times)

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
Re: War rallies over the weekend
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2007, 10:11:15 AM »
WOW, that is a huge statement which will discredit every major polling firm in America!

Before I call Zogby and tell them to close their doors, can you back up your claim?

(They usually go out of their way to poll groups of people from various demogrpahic groups in order to be assured they have an accurate sample within a specific %.)

Also, can you explain why these "liberal coast" residents were so Pro-Bush and Pro-War in 2001-2, but are not now.  Not sure you can argue this one...

Here are many reasons why polls can be misleading

http://www2.chass.ncsu.edu/mlvasu/ps471/D14.htm

Like I said yesterday coastal libs want every war to be like the first gulf war, over in 30 days. They don't have the stomach or balls to see something through. When the going gets tough they fold. That is why they were for it then and not now.
gotta love life

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2007, 10:12:37 AM »
I can't help but laugh at this one.  You're dodging bullets to defend a lie you were sold by a smooth recruiter.  You sure you see the fool in the room? ;)

not to mention I was in the military LONG before 9/11, and I wasn't recruited. I went to the AF office and joined without talking to a recruiter beforehand. Call it American pride, something you wouldn't understand
gotta love life

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2007, 10:17:16 AM »

Polls are also inaccurate because most people don't think to deeply about the issues underlying the question -- they just react, usually emotionally.

Example: Do you favor interrogation by torture? Most say no. Do you favor taking whatever steps are necessary to get information that could be used to save American lives? Most say yes. Same question, different phrasing.

gotta love life

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2007, 10:34:16 AM »
So in other words the media is influence by it's viewers?  Not the Liberals?

The media tells us what to talk about in many instances.  For example, do you recall when child abductions were all the rage?  Every Amber Alert issued anywhere in the country was headline news.  Not anymore.  Why not? 

I'll go out on a limb and say you probably haven't heard about this story:  http://starbulletin.com/2007/03/20/news/story02.html  Poor kid.  Why not?  Because the national media doesn't think it's important. 

I believe that if the media reported all of the good news in Iraq the way they highlight the bad news, public opinion would be affected.  How many Iraqis did our medical personnel treat yesterday?  CNN won't tell you.  Instead, today's headline was about Iraqi kids living with "fear of death."   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2007, 10:35:59 AM »
Here are many reasons why polls can be misleading

http://www2.chass.ncsu.edu/mlvasu/ps471/D14.htm

This is great info MM.  Thanks for posting this.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2007, 10:43:37 AM »
Please tell us in your own words, mm69, why every major poll is dominated by "coastal libs"

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2007, 10:46:21 AM »
Please tell us in your own words, mm69, why every major poll is dominated by "coastal libs"

Umm, already did. Middle american farmers and what not don't have time or interest to participate in polls
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2007, 10:51:16 AM »
PLEASE SHOW US YOUR EVIDENCE THAT ZOGBY AND OTHER POLLS USE 'COASTAL LEFTISTS' FOR THEIR POLLS

Evidence.  Not some 1984 data about one instance of student pollsters not getting time of day from a farmer.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2007, 10:52:09 AM »
PLEASE SHOW US YOUR EVIDENCE THAT ZOGBY AND OTHER POLLS USE 'COASTAL LEFTISTS' FOR THEIR POLLS

Evidence.  Not some 1984 data about one instance of student pollsters not getting time of day from a farmer.

lol, someone is losing thier cool!!! I love it.
gotta love life

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2007, 11:02:17 AM »
What is Hilarious is I have shown (like usual) great info on why polls could be inaccurate, I even gave a example question that shows how different results could be obtained from the same subject and what do you come back with?? "use your own words".....LOL what a loser, like you only use your own words. What is even more hilarious, is the proof is in the pudding..If they had conducted a survey in DC last weekend consisting of 40,000 people and asked the question do you support the war...The results would have been 66% support it!!! LOL how can you deny that 240!!!!! Oh I know how, it doesn't support your claims so it must be inaccurate!!!! I love it!!!!
gotta love life

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2007, 11:08:29 AM »
What is Hilarious is I have shown (like usual) great info on why polls could be inaccurate, I even gave a example question that shows how different results could be obtained from the same subject and what do you come back with?? "use your own words".....LOL what a loser, like you only use your own words. What is even more hilarious, is the proof is in the pudding..If they had conducted a survey in DC last weekend consisting of 40,000 people and asked the question do you support the war...The results would have been 66% support it!!! LOL how can you deny that 240!!!!! Oh I know how, it doesn't support your claims so it must be inaccurate!!!! I love it!!!!

The link you provided is great info.  http://www2.chass.ncsu.edu/mlvasu/ps471/D14.htm

Polls can definitely be manipulated and they're not always accurate.  Just look at the 2004 election.  Some of the exit polls were dead wrong.     

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2007, 11:13:32 AM »
The link you provided is great info.  http://www2.chass.ncsu.edu/mlvasu/ps471/D14.htm

Polls can definitely be manipulated and they're not always accurate.  Just look at the 2004 election.  Some of the exit polls were dead wrong.     

Thanks BB, we all know that he is so blinded by hatred that his common sense has flown out the window.
gotta love life

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2007, 11:14:38 AM »

Oh before he gets a chance...."The 2004 exit polls weren't wrong, it was a conspiracy to reelect Bush no matter what the votes were, Diebold"
gotta love life

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2007, 11:16:03 AM »
Oh before he gets a chance...."The 2004 exit polls weren't wrong, it was a conspiracy to reelect Bush no matter what the votes were, Diebold"

Oh thanks MM.  You ruined my Pavlov's Dog experiment.   :D

gymforlord

• Getbig II
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2007, 11:16:56 AM »
Oh thanks MM.  You ruined my Pavlov's Dog experiment.   :D
LOL!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2007, 11:19:17 AM »
bb and mm,

there is a 1 in 50,000 chance that Kerry lost ohio.

there is a 1 in 20,000 chance that kerry lost florida.

If you want to believe that bush won both of those lotteries in 2004, you do that. 

The rest of us, with a brain, know that the Diebold CEO's promise to "deliver the election to bush" played into it.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2007, 11:21:21 AM »
you know what is great?

no matter how thickheaded and ignorant some of you are, the majority of americans are waking up ;)

Bush went form 70s to 20s in the approval dept.  That isn't flawed polling.  That's half the nation waking up.  Crap on polls all you want - half the nation has left bush, and there is no denying that. 

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2007, 11:21:26 AM »
bb and mm,

there is a 1 in 50,000 chance that Kerry lost ohio.

there is a 1 in 20,000 chance that kerry lost florida.

If you want to believe that bush won both of those lotteries in 2004, you do that. 

The rest of us, with a brain, know that the Diebold CEO's promise to "deliver the election to bush" played into it.

I know 240, I know...It really has to suck going through life thinking everything is a conspiracy
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2007, 11:22:25 AM »
I know 240, I know...It really has to suck going through life thinking everything is a conspiracy

just tell us you believe Bush won fair and square, and that he was lucky enough twice that day.

Just tell us.

You won't ;)

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2007, 11:23:22 AM »
just tell us you believe Bush won fair and square, and that he was lucky enough twice that day.

Just tell us.

You won't ;)

Yeah he won fair and square. I don't believe 1 iota that Diebold rigged the machines
gotta love life

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2007, 11:25:58 AM »
 ;D

Plot summary for
Conspiracy Theory (1997)
Jerry Fletcher is a man in love with a woman he observes from afar. She works for the government. Fletcher is an outspoken critic of that government. He has conspiracy theories for everything, from aliens to political assassinations. But soon, one of his theories finds itself to be accurate. But which one? Some dangerous people want him dead and the only person he trusts is that woman he loves but does not know.

Mel Gibson is a New York taxi driver, who has a strange habit. He makes complicated scenarios of conspiracies and publishes them in a newsletter sent out to five recipients. He keeps doing that, until something unbelievable happens: One of his "conspiracy theories" turns out to be real, and so he finds himself chased by the man hiding behind the whole thing.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118883/plotsummary

gymforlord

• Getbig II
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2007, 11:26:48 AM »
;D

Plot summary for
Conspiracy Theory (1997)
Jerry Fletcher is a man in love with a woman he observes from afar. She works for the government. Fletcher is an outspoken critic of that government. He has conspiracy theories for everything, from aliens to political assassinations. But soon, one of his theories finds itself to be accurate. But which one? Some dangerous people want him dead and the only person he trusts is that woman he loves but does not know.

Mel Gibson is a New York taxi driver, who has a strange habit. He makes complicated scenarios of conspiracies and publishes them in a newsletter sent out to five recipients. He keeps doing that, until something unbelievable happens: One of his "conspiracy theories" turns out to be real, and so he finds himself chased by the man hiding behind the whole thing.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118883/plotsummary
Funny...

gymforlord

• Getbig II
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2007, 11:28:13 AM »
Yeah he won fair and square. I don't believe 1 iota that Diebold rigged the machines
I agree, MM & think that just rehashing...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2007, 11:45:39 AM »

Okay.

Then why do you believe the repubs have sued for 2 years now to prevent a count of the paper ballot backups in Ohio?

One count would show conclusively if the e-machine outcome was accurate.  But the republicans have fought it from minute one.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2007, 11:47:47 AM »
Okay.

Then why do you believe the repubs have sued for 2 years now to prevent a count of the paper ballot backups in Ohio?

One count would show conclusively if the e-machine outcome was accurate.  But the republicans have fought it from minute one.

conspiracy theory #?....I need to keep count how many you have.
gotta love life