Author Topic: What other supplements to take while on gear  (Read 1993 times)

TNTBOOM

• Getbig III
  • die or diet
What other supplements to take while on gear
« on: March 20, 2007, 06:05:04 AM »
Ok what else do you take aside from your vitamins  while on gear
im starting my 1st cycle on april and i want to make sure i have all the bases covered......

help is always appreciated
 8)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
Re: What other supplements to take while on gear
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 07:11:23 AM »
I usually just take multi-vitamin, cod liver oil, & MSM but I take them year round anyway.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 07:46:26 AM »
Cell-Tech, Gakic, Leukic,Nitric, plastic and aplodan!

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 08:50:14 AM »
I usually just take multi-vitamin, cod liver oil, & MSM but I take them year round anyway.

Rim, any reason you've chosen cod liver oil over fish (body) oil?

:

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 08:51:50 AM »
coq10, hawthorn berry and milk thistle and prostate formula

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 09:05:04 AM »

Rim, any reason you've chosen cod liver oil over fish (body) oil?

Price, I can get about 250 tablets for about $5.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2007, 11:57:32 PM »
Cell-Tech, Gakic, Leukic,Nitric, plastic and aplodan!

ROFL...don't forget fred's dog.

ATOMIC

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 10:03:24 AM »
if you are taking any orals, Liver52 or something made with milk thistle is  a must don't listen to anybody that tells you, "you don't have to take a liver support if you are taking orals for the first time, tbol is mild etc." Remember you only have one liver, be extra careful and you will never have to worry.
Also make sure that you are takin gin plenty of whole foods every 2.5 to 3 hours.
BCAA's first thing in the morning.
If you want, ZMA when you sleep because it will knock you on your ear for the whole night.
whole food, whole food, whole food.
oh, whole foods

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 12:28:24 PM »
interesting post by marble....please read:

there's persistant bullshit circulating stating that silymarin is bad to take along with orals because it increases the rate at which the liver metabolises the drug.  this is false.  either no effect or the opposite has been found with both alcohol and aspirin:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=3398694&dopt=Abstract

in vitro evidence suggests that silymarin actually inhibits drug metabolism, causing steroids to circulate in the body longer.  most steroid breakdown is done by the cyp3a4 enzyme, which is significantly(dose dependant, but at least a 65% slower rate) inhibited by silymarin:

http://dmd.aspetjournals.org/cgi/content/full/28/11/1270

so why have users reported decreased steroid effects when using silymarin when the opposite should be true?

i found this study which has fascinating consequences:

http://carcin.oupjournals.org/cgi/content/full/22/9/1399

a choice excerpt:

"SB decreased androgen-stimulated growth and prostate-specific antigen (PSA) levels in LNCaP cells (6). In this study, we further evaluated the effects of SM and SB on androgen action. We found that SM and SB down-regulate several androgen-regulated genes, including PSA, human glandular kallikrein (hK2) and an immunophilin, FKBP51, mainly by inhibiting the transactivation activity of the AR. More interestingly, we show that SM and SB can inhibit nuclear localization of the AR. Thus this report provides a novel mechanism by which SM and SB inhibit function of the AR."

or, in plain(er) english, when an androgen comes to a cell it passes through the cell membrane and binds to an androgen receptor in the cytoplasm.  upon binding, the receptor/androgen bundle float to the nucleus to tell which tell the cell to alter its behaviour, i.e. in this case, "synthesize more protein and grow larger".  different androgens probably relay different messages, which is why particular stacks seem to be more effective than others, despite all binding to the same receptor.

silymarin inhibits this either by preventing androgen/receptor bundles from ever reaching the nucleus, or by allowing the bundle to drift out of the nucleus easily once there.

i.e. all androgens, oral or injectable, will not work nearly as well.  avoid silymarin, and please spread the word.  feel free to repost this anywhere with proper acknowledgements to both marble and getbig. 

G

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2007, 01:22:19 PM »
For those who has problem with HDL/LDL levels during cycle, especially with high doses of orals  - 1g VitE/1g Vit C after each meal + at least 10mg Flax Seeds Oil or EP oil. ( daily for the oil , not after each meal))

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2007, 04:05:18 PM »
For those who has problem with HDL/LDL levels during cycle, especially with high doses of orals  - 1g VitE/1g Vit C after each meal + at least 10mg Flax Seeds Oil or EP oil.

EP oil?

G

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2007, 05:40:48 PM »
EP oil?

EveningPrimoseOil - very good for the liver too.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2007, 05:53:38 PM »
Yep the milkthistle thing again, as Marble said stay away from that crap.

I like to take and this is just me, Multi-vit, extra C and E, as Ronnie calles em "prostate pills" (sawpalmeto and pygeum), EFA (omega 3-6-9).

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2007, 06:43:07 PM »
EveningPrimoseOil - very good for the liver too.

Thanks. Maybe I'll try it someday.