Author Topic: Strongmen  (Read 239834 times)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Re: Strongmen
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2007, 10:28:14 AM »
 :D

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2007, 12:40:17 PM »
that dude looks like Rhino aka Jack London.

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2007, 03:53:48 PM »
those are some "big boys" !  :o

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2007, 04:19:02 PM »
those are some "big boys" !  :o
yes they are, go to any pro level strongman meet and you will see some absolutely huge motherfucckers, height, width, thickness and everything, i've seen both pro bb'ers and pro strongmen and strongmen dwarf bodybuilders as far as sheer size goes.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2007, 12:27:41 PM »
 :P

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2007, 12:36:14 PM »

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2007, 06:54:39 AM »
 :o

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2007, 05:39:25 PM »
 :o

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2007, 08:20:25 PM »
bay post a picture of yourself

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2007, 07:35:54 AM »
 :)

Frauhorn

• Getbig II
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2007, 08:32:40 PM »

who are the strong girls with Pudz?

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2007, 07:08:46 AM »

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2007, 12:50:06 PM »
do they pretest any of these dudes for juicing up? it looks like 99% of them are big juicers! (i mean, maybe they are born with the genetics, but look at the size of these dudes, and how f'in strong they are!) if i slamed a few dozen needles full of the sauce into my  whimpy ass body, i'd be big and huge and super f'im strong too...(or dead of an overdose on roid juice!)  i can only dream of size and strength like these supermen!  :(

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2007, 10:32:34 PM »
do they pretest any of these dudes for juicing up? it looks like 99% of them are big juicers! (i mean, maybe they are born with the genetics, but look at the size of these dudes, and how f'in strong they are!) if i slamed a few dozen needles full of the sauce into my  whimpy ass body, i'd be big and huge and super f'im strong too...(or dead of an overdose on roid juice!)  i can only dream of size and strength like these supermen!  :(

Doubtful.

That’s like a dropout saying if he went to school for 12 years he, too, could get into Harvard or Caltech. Many people go to school for 12 years.  Very few get into Caltech.

You can easily buy “a few dozen needles full of sauce,” but you cannot buy the drive and discipline it takes to eat and train like these guys do over a period of many years.  Nor can you buy the genetic factors that make them so responsive to training and supplements.

There are plenty of guys in gyms out there whom are popping pills and poking themselves with needles and are no where close to having the size and conditioning of the guys they idolize.  Arvilla has said that he has been “chasing” that kind of size (Trey Brewer’s) his whole life and it’s not happening for him.  Just look at the difference between training buddies Branch W. and Jay Moore; same access to needles, very different results.  If you had their needles would you look like Branch or Jay?  ::)

If it makes you feel better to think that needles are the only factor involved in these physiques and feats of strength so be it.  Maybe some people need to believe that in order to justify their own lack of drive and training discipline.

See you at Harvard.

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2007, 10:59:15 PM »
that guy in the green is crazy strong saw a vid of him doing like 8 reps with 700 pounds insane

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2007, 11:03:07 PM »
its never that simple maybe if you were a natty and looked as if you juiced and been trainning for years but only trainned for a few of years then maybe you have what it takes

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2007, 06:55:48 AM »

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2007, 09:25:43 AM »
I recently spoke with a top strongman (WSM competitor) who says that he has maybe been tested twice in his career and it was only for meth/cocaine. They just want to make sure they dont have junkies putting hundreds of pounds over their heads, haha! Who does coke and goes to compete in a strongman comp?! I dont think it would give me an "edge."

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2007, 01:46:01 PM »
I recently spoke with a top strongman (WSM competitor) who says that he has maybe been tested twice in his career and it was only for meth/cocaine. They just want to make sure they dont have junkies putting hundreds of pounds over their heads, haha! Who does coke and goes to compete in a strongman comp?! I dont think it would give me an "edge."

I know several powerlifters who do a "bump" before lifting...

I've heard guys at my gym talk about how they are stronger in the gym on meth.

8)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2007, 02:05:08 PM »
I know several powerlifters who do a "bump" before lifting...

I've heard guys at my gym talk about how they are stronger in the gym on meth.

8)
exactly, i've seen a lot of shit from ultra strong guys that you would never think you'd see, cigarrette and pot smoking, meth, cocaine and heroin use, alcohol consumption, etc.

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2007, 02:49:41 PM »
Damn!!! Mariuz is one of the best athletes in the world, the guy is complete...
S

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2007, 03:12:15 PM »
Bay... post a pic of yourself.  (preferably NOT nude). 

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2007, 07:06:13 PM »
bay post a picture of yourself

Bay... post a pic of yourself.  (preferably NOT nude). 

This thread is for strongmen pix.  There used to be a venue on this board for posting self portraits.  I'm not sure what happened to it, but my pix have been posted on getbig several times.  If you missed it, too bad.
  :(

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2007, 07:12:23 PM »
This thread is for strongmen pix.  There used to be a venue on this board for posting self portraits.  I'm not sure what happened to it, but my pix have been posted on getbig several times.  If you missed it, too bad.
  :(

Where? Link?  Not like it's hard to repost.. you worried about something?

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2007, 05:58:11 AM »
These guys would be good to have around on moving day.