Author Topic: Kobe Scores 50 (AGAIN)  (Read 4331 times)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: Kobe Scores 50 (AGAIN)
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2007, 02:31:39 PM »
Further proof that the kobester's selfishness is ok for now, in the absence of decent alternatives on the team. Of course they'll go nowhere with this approach.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2007, 06:17:14 AM »

Kobe was 9-for-30 last night.

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2007, 06:37:12 AM »
Big whoop for Kobe.  he will never win another championship so who gives a shiat!
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2007, 08:43:26 AM »
Kobe was 9-for-30 last night.

[GASP!]  An off night for Kobe.  Go figure.  He also had 10 assists (which means he probably should have had 15 or 20), double what any other player on the floor had (for either team). 

bodybusiness

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2007, 11:26:51 AM »
i think it had to do with them playing so many games consecutively. it's kinda hard to be not tired after going against a team like phoenix. lakers run a half court game and both the teams they played were runners. he played a lot of minutes, managed a double-double, and people still complain?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2007, 11:34:52 AM »
i think it had to do with them playing so many games consecutively. it's kinda hard to be not tired after going against a team like phoenix. lakers run a half court game and both the teams they played were runners. he played a lot of minutes, managed a double-double, and people still complain?

And he is double and triple teamed almost every time he touches the ball.  I think he's definitely tired. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2007, 09:22:40 PM »
Scored 50 again:  18-25 from the field, 11-13 from the line, 8 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, and only 1 TO in 42 minutes. 

He put on a clinic:  dunks, three pointers, layups, mid-range jumpers, fall-aways, behind the backboard.  Just incredible. 

Sergio Rules 77

• Getbig III
  • Sergio can split the atom. With his bare hands.
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2007, 09:45:49 PM »
Scored 50 again:  18-25 from the field, 11-13 from the line, 8 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, and only 1 TO in 42 minutes. 

He put on a clinic:  dunks, three pointers, layups, mid-range jumpers, fall-aways, behind the backboard.  Just incredible. 

And he did it against those defensive beats, The Supersonics ::). Did you see him the other night in Phoenix against a good team ?. Couldn't shoot to save himself. Maybe he was tired that night ;). As they said on PTI the other night, if Kobe and Phil Jackson are so shit hot, why have the Lakers stumbled into the postseason ?.

SERGIO!!!!
Ugh, my retirement grease

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2007, 10:04:57 PM »
And he did it against those defensive beats, The Supersonics ::). Did you see him the other night in Phoenix against a good team ?. Couldn't shoot to save himself. Maybe he was tired that night ;). As they said on PTI the other night, if Kobe and Phil Jackson are so shit hot, why have the Lakers stumbled into the postseason ?.

SERGIO!!!!

Says the man who didn't watch the game, I assume? 

Yes I saw him against those defensive studs  ::), the Phoenix Suns, playing the second half of a back-to-back, when he played pretty much the entire game both nights.

Why have the Lakers stumbled into the postseason?  Because (a) they're not a great team and (b) Odom, Walton, Kwame, and Vlade have together missed more than half the season.  (Kwame, Odom, and Walton are starters.)  Tonight was probably the first time they had a full roster since preseason.   

bodybusiness

• Getbig II
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2007, 02:21:53 AM »
i'd have to agree. if you've been watching the lakers, you'll notice that they can keep up with these "better" teams (i use this term loosely because these teams have more than one superstar on their team and the lakers seem to just fall back and watch kobe) anyways, the lakers break down at the end. whether it's shooting free throws or even converting plays or even stopping that damn pick and roll. they're not a good fourth quarter team anymore unless kobe gets them going offensively/defensively. youll see them in the postseason but i doubt they'll go far

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2007, 08:46:37 AM »
i'd have to agree. if you've been watching the lakers, you'll notice that they can keep up with these "better" teams (i use this term loosely because these teams have more than one superstar on their team and the lakers seem to just fall back and watch kobe) anyways, the lakers break down at the end. whether it's shooting free throws or even converting plays or even stopping that damn pick and roll. they're not a good fourth quarter team anymore unless kobe gets them going offensively/defensively. youll see them in the postseason but i doubt they'll go far

I agree. 

I've read rumors about Jermaine O'Neal being interested in the Lakers.  He would put them back in title contention IMO.