Author Topic: PHOTO REQUEST for Mr. Magoo!  (Read 9533 times)

will938

• Getbig III
  • No Bull!
Re: PHOTO REQUEST for Mr. Magoo!
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2007, 03:15:01 PM »
Adam, looks like this thread backfired on you somewhat ;D
Team Efferding

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2007, 03:15:25 PM »
Time Warner Cable Supplies AOL Broadband for free.

Good point... Being a TW company. I rescind my statement... T/W cable is actually one of the better Cable ISPs.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2007, 03:15:50 PM »
Adam....I hope you went to keyword: billing and made sure you arent paying for AOL anymore.  Provided youhave your own connection, AOL cant charge you for shit now!!!!

Yah its free.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2007, 03:17:50 PM »
Adam...I thought you told me you didnt know anything about Torrent stuff??  Anyway, azureus sucks....get on uTorrent!!!

I dunno I like azureus... It's one of the best on linux, but it has been buggy lately. Bittorrent is still good for linux environments, does uTorrent make a linux version? I will have to search.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2007, 03:18:04 PM »
Adam, looks like this thread backfired on you somewhat ;D
I don`t think so.

Sarcasm looks ALOT better than Mr. Magoodiopose

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2007, 03:19:04 PM »
I dunno I like azureus... It's one of the best on linux, but it has been buggy lately. Bittorrent is still good for linux environments, does uTorrent make a linux version? I will have to search.

I just have never been happy with the quality of any of it.

It all seemed like a big hassle.  Especially with PC games.  You never get full versions, files are missing.  Just total shit.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2007, 03:19:41 PM »
onemore:

for starters.

I see what you're saying with regards to powerlifters using this form, but doesn't it then neglect what your true strength is?  In other words, imagine a guy who weighs 600 pounds and has a barrel chest and huge stomach that protrude a good 6 inches above his chin when laying flat on the bench.  How strong is he when he moves 1000 pounds by 3 inches to then put it right back on the rack? Wouldn't a guy who weighs the same but whose chest is below chin level and who while benching doesn't arch his back be much stronger in comparison?

Again, I don't know enough about this, but I'd like to get an understanding of how it works.  I personally used to bench 400 pounds raw for a good 6-8 reps, but I would never arch my back, for as everyone I trained with told me that not only is it cheating, but also dangerous.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2007, 03:19:55 PM »
El Spiko helped me today!

Good shit!!!!

PM me with the sites you use....I have a good set of torrent sites myself!!!

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2007, 03:22:52 PM »

It all seemed like a big hassle.  Especially with PC games.  You never get full versions, files are missing.  Just total shit.

Nope, no Linux uTorrent... I will stick with Bittorrent for the foreseeable future.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2007, 03:25:01 PM »

El Spiko helped me today!

Abeles, how long have you been using torrent?

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2007, 03:27:02 PM »

-Hedge

Hedgy,

Could you chip in on my comments starting from page two, Im trying to understand the powerlifting movement a bit and I'd like to have your take on it since you are a seasoned powerlifter.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2007, 03:29:21 PM »
I see what you're saying with regards to powerlifters using this form, but doesn't it then neglect what your true strength is?  In other words, imagine a guy who weighs 600 pounds and has a barrel chest and huge stomach that protrude a good 6 inches above his chin when laying flat on the bench.  How strong is he when he moves 1000 pounds by 3 inches to then put it right back on the rack? Wouldn't a guy who weighs the same but whose chest is below chin level and who while benching doesn't arch his back be much stronger in comparison?

Again, I don't know enough about this, but I'd like to get an understanding of how it works.  I personally used to bench 400 pounds raw for a good 6-8 reps, but I would never arch my back, for as everyone I trained with told me that not only is it cheating, but also dangerous.

well sure, but then we could take EVERYTHING into account by that logic. wouldn't someone with longer arms be "stronger", wouldn't it mean you're more "powerful" if you do it close-grip, why not make the bar move super slow, etc...

the rule is butt and shoulders on the bench, no bounce, that's it. besides, it depends on the person. i know a number of people who bench less doing it that way raw. there's a guy who goes by the name skullcrusher who benches flat backed because he can't move as much weight arched.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2007, 03:31:36 PM »
I'm sorry, maybe I don't know much about powerlifting, but are you saying that in powerlifting you are supposed to arch your back the way you do in that video?

P.S. Hedgy, chip in on this one, for as I thought that his form, with the back arched as high as he does, would seriously cause him to hurt his back or potentially snap some of his vertebrae..

P.S.S.  Doesn't the arching of your back cause you to further reduce any true distance during the lift, thereby not allowing you to assess what your true strength is?

Powerlifting is about lifting the biggest amount of weight within the rules allowed.

Some are of the opinion that using a slight incline is better than a flat bench when training to build mass or strength.

But if you compete in powerlifting, or any sport for that matter, sport-specific training, ie excersises that resembles the actual sport you compete in, are generally considered to be most effective.

Eg, a lot of soccer conditioning drills can be done with a ball, this will make the conditioning drills more game-like, and aid in training balance and agility towards the SPECIFIC SPORT.

A bit of a long post, eh?  8)

-Hedge

edit: Some of the greatest benchpressers of all time, James Henderson comes to mind, as well as the man himself, Kazmaier, and Ted Arcidi, and other greats, used little or no arch.

But still, not tweaking your technique so you're able to get the most out of the current rules, isn't gonna get you bonus pounds.
As empty as paradise

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2007, 03:34:57 PM »
well said, hedge. and i definitely train for "pure" power as well. i do a fair amount of standing presses, dumbbell work (though my gym only goes up to the 120s so i just do two or three sets with those), and i scrapped my belt for squatting and pulling lately just to get my core strength up. harping on my form on one lift because it's not "pure" is kinda dumb.

benjamin pearson

• Getbig IV
  • Dan18 has a huge forehead
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2007, 03:38:52 PM »
looking big and thick magoo nice work

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2007, 03:40:30 PM »

edit: Some of the greatest benchpressers of all time, James Henderson comes to mind, as well as the man himself, Kazmaier, and Ted Arcidi, and other greats, used little or no arch.

That's what I noticed in one of the meets I saw pictures of where Kazmier did heavy benching.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2007, 03:53:23 PM »

-Hedge
Today was the first time I actually got one to work.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2007, 03:55:40 PM »

that's pretty sad. you'd have to be pretty computer illiterate to not understand how a damn torrent works.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2007, 03:57:20 PM »

Why couldn't you get it to work before?

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2007, 03:58:53 PM »
Why couldn't you get it to work before?

-Hedge

The others probably worked but I was NEVER happy with the quality.  The games just would crash.

Seemed like a waste of time more than anything.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #70 on: March 25, 2007, 04:01:44 PM »
since I pointed out that gaydonis uses azureus..I should also point out some good torrent site

www.mininova.org (the best)
pirate bay is also good for hard to find stuff
Here comes the money shot

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2007, 04:04:08 PM »
adonis is the shit stain of human evolution.

He has a diseased brain..Zach owns you..

put a tshirt on you and one cannot tell that you even work out
Here comes the money shot

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
  • My power is discombobulatingly & devastating!
« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2007, 04:08:27 PM »
Mr. Magoo you look awsome!

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2007, 04:10:09 PM »
since I pointed out that gaydonis uses azureus..I should also point out some good torrent site

www.mininova.org (the best)
pirate bay is also good for hard to find stuff

Not the best.   Demonoid and TorrentSpy are.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #74 on: March 25, 2007, 04:12:18 PM »

Not the best.   Demonoid and TorrentSpy are.

I like torrentz.com myself.