Author Topic: Takeo Spikes from Buffalo to be traded  (Read 8912 times)

jerseyhurricane

• Getbig IV
  • who's next ???
Re: Takeo Spikes from Buffalo to be traded
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2007, 02:06:04 PM »
Holcombe to me is very underrated and a valuable back up in the NFL. I seem to remember him throwing for over 400 yards in a playoff game when he played for the Browns a few years back.

He can play. I'm curious as to why Buffalo let him go. Must be going younger at the position behind Losman.

Holcombe or Spikes have never been to the playoffs.
I Bleed PhillyEagle

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2007, 01:27:06 PM »
Most sports fans know a lot more about the sport than just their own team. It's pretty shallow and shows you're nothing more than a bandwagoner if you can't even tell what position a pro-bowl linebacker plays.  ::)

Go fuck off. You're such an annoying little girl that nobody likes. And now that you've been exposed for the true little queer that you are(nice buck teeth, by the way), I'm sure I'd have little trouble finding people who agree with me.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2007, 01:28:14 PM »

Holcombe or Spikes have never been to the playoffs.

Holcombe was the quarterback for the Browns during their playoff year a few seasons back.

body88

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2007, 02:26:10 PM »
Guts know his shit. The dude is a pr guy for a NFL team.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2007, 04:21:09 AM »
I wish the Steelers could get him but he probably cost to much for them :(

Why, he is constantly getting hurt, never gives 100%.  I wouldn't want him.  Play Silverback, Larry, Farrior and Clark. 

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2007, 06:54:13 AM »
Why, he is constantly getting hurt, never gives 100%.  I wouldn't want him.  Play Silverback, Larry, Farrior and Clark. 
  You know nothing about Takeo Spikes.

thisiskeith12

« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2007, 07:36:42 AM »
Holcombe is nothing but an injury waiting to happen, not to mention he's getting up there in age, he already has gray hair.

Losman is developing into a good quarterback, He threw for 20 TDs in '06, which is very good in the NFL. Not to mention he virtually had no running game with Willis McGahee through the latter part of the season.

Everyone thought that Marv Levy is too old and wouldn't be able to make sound decisions, but the Ko Simpson and Donte Whitner draft selections formed to be one of the league's best safety tandems. The Bills may have lost Nate Clements, Takeo Spikes, and London Fletcher, but they succeeded in lowering their number from the salary cap drastically. They had some depth at defense and I'd like to see Mario Haggan get a shot at starting because this guy was one of the nation's top linebackers in college and the Bills have used him as a backup to London Fletcher for the past 3 years. Not to mention Angelo Crowell who came out of the woodworks 2 years ago and did an excellent job at filling in for Takeo Spikes.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2007, 03:04:07 PM »
Guts know his shit. The dude is a pr guy for a NFL team.

Thanks for the validation, Body. ;). If I can pay you a compliment, I'd like to say that no one else on these sports threads is a better ambassador for his favorite team, the New England Patriots, than you.

I have to keep reminding myself that Berzerkfury is a 20 year old college kid and that it's a waste of time to argue.

body88

« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2007, 03:10:30 PM »
Thanks for the validation, Body. ;). If I can pay you a compliment, I'd like to say that no one else on these sports threads is a better ambassador for his favorite team, the New England Patriots, than you.

I have to keep reminding myself that Berzerkfury is a 20 year old college kid and that it's a waste of time to argue.

No problem. I think some forget you actually work within a NFL franchise. As for bf, he was exposed. Ob those pics show everything the kid said was a blatent lie. His one motive was to stir up shit...

jerseyhurricane

• Getbig IV
  • who's next ???
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2007, 03:12:42 PM »
Holcombe was the quarterback for the Browns during their playoff year a few seasons back.

You're right...my bad. I was listening to a local report on the trade...they were wrong. It was just Takeo who never played in a playoff game.
I Bleed PhillyEagle

jerseyhurricane

• Getbig IV
  • who's next ???
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2007, 03:19:37 PM »
Most sports fans know a lot more about the sport than just their own team. It's pretty shallow and shows you're nothing more than a bandwagoner if you can't even tell what position a pro-bowl linebacker plays.  ::)

He played inside linebacker for Cincinatti and outside linebacker for Buffalo. It's pretty easy to question what position the guy plays best at when he's had outstanding seasons at both positions.
I Bleed PhillyEagle

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2007, 03:54:47 PM »
FUCK THE EAGLES , what the hell, now I can't really like TKO anymore cause he is a damn Eagle. Why do the Eagles have to pick up people I like, I hope they are under .500 next year >:(

You hoped that last year too didn't you? Damn those NFC East Division Champs.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2007, 06:02:52 PM »
  You know nothing about Takeo Spikes.

I know he hasn't played sixteen games since 2004, I have seen him dog plays while playing for the Bengals, seems to have great years during the year prior to his contract expiring, has been in the league for 10 years, and don't think his best years are ahead of him.  Loved him in college, thought he was an animal.  He is due to make 4.6 million and the Bills stand to save 3.0 million by dealing him.  I think I know Takeo. 

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2007, 06:21:07 PM »
"constantly injured" was an overstatment.  He's not a donte stallworth who plays 50% of his games. He's only recently been hit by the injury bug.  Although at his age I  don't think it will get any better.  He's also a warrior on the field.  This year was defintely an off year, because of the seriousness of the injury.  I think he'll regain 90% of his former self this year.  Which is still enough to be a great linebacker. 

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2007, 06:26:35 PM »
Now as a Bills fan, I like the moves they're making.  They're getting rid of older expensive guys who don't fit the scheme, to make room for younger guys who do.  I love all the experts saying they were the biggest loser in the offseason.  The same guys who said Miami was the biggest winner last year.  It's going to be an interesting year.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2007, 06:45:31 PM »
"constantly injured" was an overstatment.  He's not a donte stallworth who plays 50% of his games. He's only recently been hit by the injury bug.  Although at his age I  don't think it will get any better.  He's also a warrior on the field.  This year was defintely an off year, because of the seriousness of the injury.  I think he'll regain 90% of his former self this year.  Which is still enough to be a great linebacker. 

How effective has he been the last three years.  I answered a statement by another poster saying the Steelers should pick him up, I replied that he is injured, takes plays off.  I agree he is a stud, but he is not someone you will be a difference maker for years to come.  Those days are over. 

body88

« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2007, 07:08:40 PM »

This number is a pretty big overstatment also. Donte Stallworth has missed 4 out of the last 44 games (3 years). He played all 16 games in 2004 and 2005. Out of the 68 total games over 5 years he has missed 12. I think overstatement is a understatement with your numbers  ;)

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2007, 08:17:43 PM »
This number is a pretty big overstatment also. Donte Stallworth has missed 4 out of the last 44 games (3 years). He played all 16 games in 2004 and 2005. Out of the 68 total games over 5 years he has missed 12. I think overstatement is a understatement with your numbers  ;)
More like a misstatement.  He may not miss that many games, but he is rarely 100%.  I mean the guy averaged less than 3 receptions a game in 06, not including the games he missed.  Hamstring injuries are nagging him and they have been with him his whole career.  Unlike  guy like spikes who before 2005, only missed 1 game and that was when his mom died.

body88

« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2007, 08:33:20 PM »
More like a misstatement.  He may not miss that many games, but he is rarely 100%.  I mean the guy averaged less than 3 receptions a game in 06, not including the games he missed.  Hamstring injuries are nagging him and they have been with him his whole career.  Unlike  guy like spikes who before 2005, only missed 1 game and that was when his mom died.

Would you consider Deion Branch a health issue? He has been out due to nagging injury more then Stallworth in the same amount of career games. Stallworth has better career stats then Branch.Seattle felt Branch was realiable enough to spend a first round pick for him, and pay him 6 million a year. Stallworth averaged 19.1 yards a catch in 06. He had 70 receptions last year, 60 the year before that. It should also be noted his starting qb was lost to injury for most the entire year this year. Hamstring or not he has only missed 4 out of the last 44 games playing in all 16 games in 2004 and 2005. 68 career games with 12 missed is a low number. No one is ever 100 percent during the season. Look around the leauge at wr's. Hamstrings are a common issue, as with other nagging things. As long as you are playing that is all that matters. Before 2006 Stallworth had only missed 8 games out of 52. It should also be noted a lot of wr's hammy's "act up" up sometimes when there situation is not ideal.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2007, 11:16:44 PM »
You hoped that last year too didn't you? Damn those NFC East Division Champs.

HAHAHAHAH too bad my team has 5 super bowls to your 0....... ;D
I

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2007, 11:24:39 PM »

HAHAHAHAH too bad my team has 5 super bowls to your 0....... ;D

Um, my team has 3... I'm a Raiders fan.

I follow lots of good players around the league though, and do not dislike Philadelphia at all.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2007, 11:32:25 PM »
Um, my team has 3... I'm a Raiders fan.

I follow lots of good players around the league though, and do not dislike Philadelphia at all.

Well I live near Philly and hate the Eagles, I hope they all die and go to hell ;D My friends have benn rubbing it in my face that they have TKO.. :(
I

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2007, 11:35:08 PM »
Well I live near Philly and hate the Eagles, I hope they all die and go to hell ;D My friends have benn rubbing it in my face that they have TKO.. :(

I don't hate Philly in general, but I do think they do some dumb things and that Andy Ried is not the best coach in the league... He puts all of his faith in a guy who's only completed 2 seasons in the NFL in his 6 years... I don't care how many pro bowls he's been to, he will never win the big one... Forget it guys. He'll be lucky if he can complete a season, much less win a Super Bowl.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2007, 11:37:10 PM »
I don't hate Philly in general, but I do think they do some dumb things and that Andy Ried is not the best coach in the league... He puts all of his faith in a guy who's only completed 2 seasons in the NFL in his 6 years... I don't care how many pro bowls he's been to, he will never win the big one... Forget it guys. He'll be lucky if he can complete a season, much less win a Super Bowl.

Thank you for being honest ;)
I

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2007, 11:39:31 PM »

Thank you for being honest ;)

I'm honest about everything... The Raiders suck too... Good D last year, but if you never put points on the board, you're not gonna win.

I never understood the Aaron Brooks pickup either... He just never impressed me much. Look at how Brees turned out in New Orleans... Aaron could have never done that.

Speaking of Brees... San Diego woulda won it all if they kept him last year.