Author Topic: A guy joked at a fat member in my gym  (Read 19985 times)

c-sharp minor

• Getbig II
  • omgwtfbbq
Re: A guy joked at a fat member in my gym
« Reply #75 on: March 29, 2007, 07:00:33 AM »
by the way, when i sign a new member one of the many things i tell them is 'we don't put up with any disrespecting another member, if someone asks for help and you are in middle of your workout, politely tell them you are busy training.

Is that really that hard?  Is that harder than just insulting them for kicks?  I think not.

I agree with this 100%. No reason whatsoever to be disrespectful to anyone.  If the guy was being bothersome, ie. repeatedly interrupting a workout, then it would have been a different story. If he merely asked a simple question, that does not give the guy working out reason to belittle him. Shows a lot class.  >:(

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #76 on: March 29, 2007, 07:01:07 AM »
Mr. T Fitness or DynaBody Fitness?

TooPowerful4u

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #77 on: March 29, 2007, 07:01:29 AM »
I like how all the details are coming out now. Even I would have thrown him out after that.

this is true... but Rooster... how would u handle my first 2 situations (real) and my scenario i set up?

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #78 on: March 29, 2007, 07:02:26 AM »
Apparently, you're not either.

1500x$42=$63000

So, where did the extra 137k come from?

Bwahhaaaahaaaaaaaaaa

I love it when clowns try to point out someone's mistake and own themselves in the process.

There's 12 months in a year genius. LOL

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: March 29, 2007, 07:03:26 AM »
Yep, asked him in my office if he said it harshly and he said 'YEP, FUCK HIS FAT ASS BRO'.  3 days, see ya.

Did you mention you'd be discussing him on a messageboard?

Dingleberry

• Getbig IV
  • My nuts, your chin, any questions?
« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2007, 07:03:33 AM »
this is true... but Rooster... how would u handle my first 2 situations (real) and my scenario i set up?

Yes, but spach23 doesn't have an interesting point. It's almost like details are being added to the story in order to save face.
tiny-tit bounty hunter

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2007, 07:04:41 AM »
Bwahhaaaahaaaaaaaaaa

I love it when clowns try to point out someone's mistake and own themselves in the process.

There's 12 months in a year genius. LOL

But unlike most, if you read my next post a couple up from you, I admit my mistake.
Oh well, don't lose too much sleep over it.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2007, 07:06:13 AM »
He was told when he joined we didn't put up with fighting in the gym, insulting other members and that doing so would draw a 3 day suspension.  Sorry, i don't hold members hands, they are adults, he knew he was being an asshole, he got what he deserved.

Yep, asked him in my office if he said it harshly and he said 'YEP, FUCK HIS FAT ASS BRO'.  3 days, see ya.

If that's all true I can understand your reason for doing what you did.

I

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #83 on: March 29, 2007, 07:10:37 AM »
I normally don't post comments but I have some questions. First off why does it even matter that the guy who was insulted is successful? If he was not successful would you have looked the other way? A mans social status should have nothing to do with it. Secondly you said nothing in your initial post about the man being called a fat ass (which to me would be the most insulting thing you could say )and yet later on you said he was called a fat ass. Are you making shit up as you go to make it look as if the situation was worse than it actually was?

MY gf gets on my ass for leaving out details when explaining my way out of trouble all the time.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

TooPowerful4u

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #84 on: March 29, 2007, 07:19:27 AM »
MY gf gets on my ass for leaving out details when explaining my way out of trouble all the time.

still avoiding my question

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: March 29, 2007, 07:22:11 AM »

Typical adolescent insecurity. She'll grow out of it.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #86 on: March 29, 2007, 07:22:59 AM »
still avoiding my question

The hostility's sure to be a real inducement haaahahahahahaah

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #87 on: March 29, 2007, 07:25:08 AM »
Can't you just put him on double secret probation and milk some more gym dues from him...and when his membership is almost up...S**T can him...
footloose and fancy free

spach23

• Getbig II
« Reply #88 on: March 29, 2007, 07:30:25 AM »
Still avoiding my first question also.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #89 on: March 29, 2007, 07:32:26 AM »
I agree with Rooster. Gym owners cannot tolerate jerks insulting others. If that person couldn't apologize then he would be gone in my gym, too. No doubt about that at all.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: March 29, 2007, 07:35:14 AM »
If you two blowhards owned the only gyms in town, I think I'd train at Baskin Robbins.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: March 29, 2007, 07:36:13 AM »
I suppose its what many of you do, a member joked off at a new member in my club who asked him for help.  He told him, all I can tell you is to quit super sizing at mcdonalds, then laughed.   The new member told me of this and I walked back to the workout area and told that member to wander on in to my office.  I told him I heard what he did and he actually laughed and admitted it.  Told him 'congratulations, you just earned 1 week suspension, get out.  He told me if I did that he wanted out of his contract and i told him i'd rip the damn thing up as soon as he left and not to come back.  He began back pedaling asking forgiveness, told him to get out, I didn't need assholes like him in my gym.

Question?  what makes you guys better than someone who is just beginning?  The guy he joked at is extremely successful in life, much more successful than Mr. Joker.  Anyway, don't need shit heads like that in my gym, hes OUT!

Good move,Old Rooster....some people act like they were born knowing how to train.We all started somewhere.

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #92 on: March 29, 2007, 07:37:17 AM »
If you two blowhards owned the only gyms in town, I think I'd train at Baskin Robbins.
I'm sure we would not miss your bizness.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

TooPowerful4u

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #93 on: March 29, 2007, 07:41:29 AM »
I'm sure we would not miss your bizness.

plan to respond mr super gym owner?

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #94 on: March 29, 2007, 08:30:56 AM »
plan to respond mr super gym owner?
You don't get answers to stupid questions sorry. It's not about rules or bullshit like that. It's about mantaining your customer base dipshit. One tool that pisses' off everyone like he said constantly demanding to get in on bench hitting on chicks out of his league and garbage like this all add's up, telling a fatass off is just the big offense. It's just simple bussiness sense i'm sure it might be simplier to run a roid bussiness but the real world ain't like that. This one fatasss is gonna pay for his membership just like the jackass not only that he's fat so he'll probly spend less time at the gym giving more space for more members. It's that simple. Not to mention woman don't want jackass's like that around them while there trying to workout, pussy's and people starting out don't wanna have to deal with that, guys wantingto go to a gym with gyms don't want guys like that. So out of 1500 people at his gym may 50 might care a little that he got kicked out but there not gonna goto another gym it sounds like he got the bussiness in his area pretty well cornered. So all tough guys think you might be the shit for your great natural physiques or whatever but 90 percent of the population respect money more, stop with the delussions.
YOu guys suck at math to 12*42*1500 is around 750k a year, so in a small buisness it wouldn't be a surprise to take home 200 off the gross that's only 30 percent, that's fuck all in small bussiness that's the difference between a competitor opening up with in the same year or just trying to establish a bussiness.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: March 29, 2007, 08:33:03 AM »
I agree with Rooster. Gym owners cannot tolerate jerks insulting others. If that person couldn't apologize then he would be gone in my gym, too. No doubt about that at all.

Yeah but it's one thing to talk to the guy and see if you can reach an agreement like having him apoligize or something and quite another to just suspend him. I feel something should be done to keep something like that happening again other then just a punishment. At my gym people have to go pretty far to be suspended or kicked out. Usually if I am there when it happens I try to be like a moderator and try to get both peoples side of the story and squash the problem without having to get anyone in trouble.
I

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #96 on: March 29, 2007, 08:39:28 AM »

Yeah but it's one thing to talk to the guy and see if you can reach an agreement like having him apoligize or something and quite another to just suspend him. I feel something should be done to keep something like that happening again other then just a punishment. At my gym people have to go pretty far to be suspended or kicked out. Usually if I am there when it happens I try to be like a moderator and try to get both peoples side of the story and squash the problem without having to get anyone in trouble.
The guy was a idiot to the gym owner he can't be trusted no matter what the option was there the guy just proved he was a bigger dumbass by saying the truth to the owner. The guy was a tool it's not hard to see.

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #97 on: March 29, 2007, 08:52:55 AM »
I suppose its what many of you do, a member joked off at a new member in my club who asked him for help.  He told him, all I can tell you is to quit super sizing at mcdonalds, then laughed.   The new member told me of this and I walked back to the workout area and told that member to wander on in to my office.  I told him I heard what he did and he actually laughed and admitted it.  Told him 'congratulations, you just earned 1 week suspension, get out.  He told me if I did that he wanted out of his contract and i told him i'd rip the damn thing up as soon as he left and not to come back.  He began back pedaling asking forgiveness, told him to get out, I didn't need assholes like him in my gym.

Question?  what makes you guys better than someone who is just beginning?  The guy he joked at is extremely successful in life, much more successful than Mr. Joker.  Anyway, don't need shit heads like that in my gym, hes OUT!

Well, with all due respect to the guy asking advice, He will know next time not address just any asshole in the gym, and there are lots of them in every gym in america.
Get Big, or Die Trying

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: March 29, 2007, 08:57:20 AM »
The guy was a idiot to the gym owner he can't be trusted no matter what the option was there the guy just proved he was a bigger dumbass by saying the truth to the owner. The guy was a tool it's not hard to see.

Well we have only heard on side of this story and also he only made him leave for a weak so what has been done or dicussed to keep it from happening again?
I

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #99 on: March 29, 2007, 09:00:18 AM »
Just the asswipes, lucky for me, i have very few of those in hear.  I lay all this out to everyone that joins.  It should not come as a suprise.  Don't rack your weights?  you get 2 warnings, 3rd time you are out for 3 days.  And guess what?  everyone racks their weights and everyone gets along in my gym.  I don't need assholes that think they are arnold because they have trained for  1 year.

lol....there was a community center I used to work long time ago, where We posted a sign in the weight room that says" Your mother doesn't work here, rerack the damn weights when you're done". Well...they get the point. Oh...if they don't rerack the weights, we close the weight room for 3 hours.
Get Big, or Die Trying