Author Topic: What would people say if this happened?  (Read 14086 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: What would people say if this happened?
« Reply #150 on: April 02, 2007, 01:39:03 PM »
Keep telling yourself that.

I will.  I'll also keep reading about the men and women who get put in jail for violating the ROE and other laws (like the woman who is in jail for taking pictures of naked Iraqis). 

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #151 on: April 02, 2007, 01:43:59 PM »
I will.  I'll also keep reading about the low level men and women who get put in jail for violating the ROE and other laws (like the woman who is in jail for taking pictures of naked Iraqis) because we all know the high ranking guys who both dictated and condoned these abuses will never be held accountable
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #152 on: April 02, 2007, 01:46:45 PM »
When put in perspective, the Nick Berg video is the equivalent of a very bad b movie clip. It wasn't real.
It was a pure propaganda piece designed to incite hatred in the mentally & intellectually weak.
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: April 02, 2007, 01:53:27 PM »
Wrong again:

Abu Ghraib officer to be court-martialed

Only officer charged in prisoner-abuse scandal to be tried for eight offenses

Updated: 1:53 p.m. HT Jan 26, 2007
HAGERSTOWN, Md. - The only U.S. military officer charged with a crime in the Abu Ghraib scandal will be court-martialed on eight charges, including cruelty and maltreatment of prisoners, the Army said Friday.

Lt. Col. Steven Lee Jordan, a 50-year-old reservist from Virginia who ran the interrogation center at the Iraqi prison, was accused of failing to exert his authority as the place descended into chaos, with prisoners stripped naked, photographed in humiliating poses and intimidated by snarling dogs. He was also charged with lying to investigators.
 . . . .

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16831363/

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #154 on: April 02, 2007, 01:58:33 PM »
Call me when Generals' heads start rolling... or when Rumsfeld is tried as a war criminal
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: April 02, 2007, 02:06:53 PM »
Call me when Generals' heads start rolling... or when Rumsfeld is tried as a war criminal

lol.  So when I show that your statement is dead wrong (i.e., that only "low level men and women" are punished) you move the goal posts and claim only Generals aren't punished?  Okay.   ::)