Author Topic: I think I tore my pec  (Read 3820 times)

wall70

• Getbig II
I think I tore my pec
« on: March 29, 2007, 06:56:41 PM »
About 7 months ago i was doing heavy bench presses and i felt a sharp pain in my right at the  bottom of the lift. I was extremely sore in that area for about a week but there was no bruising in the area and i was able to do a light chest workout the following week.  Ever since then it seems that there are symmetry problems between my left and right pecs, the right one is smaller. It doesn't hurt though. Do you guys think i tore my pec and is surgery even an option at this point. I know toney freeman had it done well after he injured it.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
Re: I think I tore my pec
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 08:49:06 PM »
Unless it's an extremely minor tear, I doubt it.
Usually a pec will tear, and you will be black in blue around the bicep/shouler/chest area within a few hours, and a day or two later it looks like you were met with a baseball bat and an angry husband.

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 09:43:15 PM »
About 7 months ago i was doing heavy bench presses and i felt a sharp pain in my right at the  bottom of the lift. I was extremely sore in that area for about a week but there was no bruising in the area and i was able to do a light chest workout the following week.  Ever since then it seems that there are symmetry problems between my left and right pecs, the right one is smaller. It doesn't hurt though. Do you guys think i tore my pec and is surgery even an option at this point. I know toney freeman had it done well after he injured it.

If it tore, you would know. 

symmetry problems aye.  Most people have some muscle imbalances.  Is it really that noticeable?

buffbong

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 02:17:06 PM »
maybe when u hurt it your left side is not doing more work maybe stick with dumbells.... i hurt my biceps a while back now i have to really focus to get a contraction in my right bicep if i dont i will just feel my joints working during curls. dam it seem like 90% of people who put there faith in the flat barbell presses hurt themselves with it.

wall70

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2007, 11:21:14 PM »
there definitley wasn't any discoloration. im thinkin minor tear that probably didn't heal completely correctly. what u say about really having to concentrate to feel the muscle working is exactly what it feels like to me. dumbells for me for chest from here on out.

jorgen

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007, 04:57:48 PM »
Wall70,

Do you happen to train in Dublin, Ireland?  Heard there is a lot of pec tearing going on there at the moment

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2007, 05:25:41 PM »
Obviously this requires a doctor's opinion, vs. internet speculation. :D

homer77

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2007, 06:36:56 AM »
you had a strain.  i have had many strains.  a tear literally feels like you are tearing raw meat.  it feels quite disturbing.  mine tore 3 weeks back.  there is a big difference.  i am up to 5lbs DB's now.  is that light enough for you?  MRI shows all the scar tissue forming.  and yes, i was black and purple all over my pits and pec.  nasty looking!  you'll be fine.  just ice and rest it for 2 weeks.  since you didntr do that at first.

wall70

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2007, 06:45:06 PM »
i just started training chest after about a month off.  i was sore on both sides of my chest so i think thats good at least i know that both muscles are being stimulated. and call me crazy but i think the smaller pec is already starting to catch up.  ;D  for my first work out i stuck with all dumbells and very strict form.