Author Topic: Represent your Pet (s)  (Read 444112 times)

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Represent your Pet (s)
« Reply #525 on: October 13, 2008, 05:54:38 PM »
here's a couple more shots of Lucan. found him on an Indian reserve a few years ago. may be part wolf? howls and goes crazy at the full moons.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #526 on: October 13, 2008, 06:19:30 PM »
w

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #527 on: October 13, 2008, 08:18:04 PM »
I just think that some dogs have more aggression genetically programmed into them, developed over decades, centuries or in some cases millenia. I think it is safe to say that grey hounds are generally more docile and gentle than pitbulls or dobermans.

i don't agree with that as pits especially were bred not to bite and were bred to be children caretakers/watchers (granted people have ruined the breeds reputation and not bred them to breed standards).  Greyhounds can be highstrung, but generally are sweet.  they have a high HIGH prey drive. 

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #528 on: October 14, 2008, 07:34:44 AM »
here's a couple more shots of Lucan. found him on an Indian reserve a few years ago. may be part wolf? howls and goes crazy at the full moons.
Lucan is gorgeous hazbin!  :)
:D Weee

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #529 on: October 14, 2008, 10:08:33 AM »
Lucan is gorgeous hazbin!  :)

thanx, he is one spoiled dog. he is with me almost 24/7.  his wild instincts really kick in around full moon time (now). here is a goofy pic of him digging his den in my back yard yesterday.

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #530 on: November 06, 2008, 04:18:00 AM »
Update on my flock of fids!   :D

Mac & Stella - Sun Conures
Max - Quaker  Humane Society adoption
Olive - Quaker   bird shelter adoption
Wizzard - Jenday  private adoption arranged by Humane Society

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #531 on: November 06, 2008, 07:35:17 AM »
They're the cooolest...especially Stella ;D
R

~weed~

« Reply #532 on: November 06, 2008, 03:41:13 PM »
Stella is a bully!! 

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #533 on: November 06, 2008, 04:56:52 PM »
R

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #534 on: November 07, 2008, 01:15:30 PM »
Stella was originally a dweetir.  :D

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #535 on: November 11, 2008, 08:04:07 AM »
Stella was originally a dweetir.  :D

Stella's still a dweetir! lol

This is Ahab.  He is a Quaker who about a month ago had his leg bitten by a Congo African Grey and it had to be amputated.  His owner did not want to deal with his special needs so the bird shelter took him in and he is now with me.  I renamed him Ahab.   He gets around really good, birds use their beaks as a foot already so he just has to do it all the time.  I have set his cage up so he can maneuver around good, perches are reachable to each other or to the cage bars, also ramps, and he has stuff to lean against to take some weight off the remaining leg and foot.  Making sure that foot stays healthy is a priority so he needs plenty of different surfaces to grip and rest on. 

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #536 on: November 11, 2008, 08:59:38 AM »
Stella's still a dweetir! lol

This is Ahab.  He is a Quaker who about a month ago had his leg bitten by a Congo African Grey and it had to be amputated.  His owner did not want to deal with his special needs so the bird shelter took him in and he is now with me.  I renamed him Ahab.   He gets around really good, birds use their beaks as a foot already so he just has to do it all the time.  I have set his cage up so he can maneuver around good, perches are reachable to each other or to the cage bars, also ramps, and he has stuff to lean against to take some weight off the remaining leg and foot.  Making sure that foot stays healthy is a priority so he needs plenty of different surfaces to grip and rest on. 

What are his special needs that the original owner didn't want to deal with?  Sounds like you got him all comfy and cozy.  you're a good mommy!   :D

~weed~

« Reply #537 on: November 11, 2008, 10:01:59 AM »
What are his special needs that the original owner didn't want to deal with?  Sounds like you got him all comfy and cozy.  you're a good mommy!   :D

He's not perfect.   :P    None of my Quakers are, It's the Land of Misfit Quakers at my house!   lol    Although having a fully feathered Quaker is weird!

Max (who just got done pigging out and is gonna blow) and Olive (who tries to compete with him but I think Max will always win!)

w8m8

« Reply #538 on: November 12, 2008, 01:54:03 PM »
They are all beautiful birds .. you're incredible for doing what you do  :)

~weed~

« Reply #539 on: November 13, 2008, 11:21:52 AM »
Thanks W8M8!   :)

Where's the pics of Smudge you promised.
   >:(

w8m8

« Reply #540 on: November 28, 2008, 02:50:13 PM »
Thanks W8M8!   :)

Where's the pics of Smudge you promised.
   >:(

You're welcome  :)

yes ma'am , lol ...it was hard to get a clear picture and have him be still .. he's not gotten long hair yet but it's getting there

he's hating the cold and does not like walking in the snow a bit .. so he get's bursts of about 20 minutes / twice a day of zooming around inside and I just keep my feet up and let him go  :D

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #541 on: November 29, 2008, 10:15:52 AM »

yes ma'am , lol ...it was hard to get a clear picture and have him be still .. he's not gotten long hair yet but it's getting there

he's hating the cold and does not like walking in the snow a bit .. so he get's bursts of about 20 minutes / twice a day of zooming around inside and I just keep my feet up and let him go  :D

Awwww, he's so cute.   :)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #542 on: November 29, 2008, 02:04:58 PM »
.. so he get's bursts of about 20 minutes / twice a day of zooming around inside and I just keep my feet up and let him go  :D

w8m8 do you have video on your camera :D

Thanks for the pics, Smudge is adorable :)
R

~weed~

« Reply #543 on: November 29, 2008, 05:04:14 PM »

He's sooooo cute!!   :D     I love the white on his chest!   He would fit right in with my big guys!!   I could tell people he is a really really tiny Dane!  ;D

w8m8

« Reply #544 on: December 07, 2008, 03:19:25 PM »
Awwww, he's so cute.   :)

Thank you Laura ..  :-* when he gets his ears all the way back I think of that one picture you have of Rocky  .. looking up at Mom smiling  :D

w8m8 do you have video on your camera :D
Thanks for the pics, Smudge is adorable :)

no video  :-[ sorry STella , but that would be a fun challenge ..!! trying to keep him in the frame lol .. he does tight figure eights sometimes .. I do laugh a lot at that little boy

& of course > You're welcome .. and Thank you too

He's sooooo cute!!   :D     I love the white on his chest!   He would fit right in with my big guys!!   I could tell people he is a really really tiny Dane!  ;D

Oh thank you tons ~weed~ ... his shiny black color reminds me of your furkids .. maybe next time someone asks me what he is I'll tell them he's a minature Great Dane  ;D  lol

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #545 on: December 07, 2008, 04:19:55 PM »
Thank you Laura ..  :-* when he gets his ears all the way back I think of that one picture you have of Rocky  .. looking up at Mom smiling  :D

body88

« Reply #546 on: December 09, 2008, 06:23:52 AM »
Updated picture of my pup.  I will try and get some better quality shots up soon.  Last time you guys saw him he was a year old.  I love how he looks like he is in outer space as my brother is messing with his ears.  Great dog!  Very mellow and low hey.....unless you go near my lady.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #547 on: December 09, 2008, 07:41:44 AM »
He is a very noble-looking dog body88!
R

body88

« Reply #548 on: December 09, 2008, 11:02:00 AM »
He is a very noble-looking dog body88!

Yes.  he thinks he is the greatest thing since sliced bread.  He pokes his chest out and stands like that with the same look on his face when a female is around.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #549 on: December 09, 2008, 05:45:13 PM »
we got snow here this weekend. Luke hates the cold