Author Topic: Injuries all over, deltoid injury question  (Read 2301 times)

MrBoring

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Injuries all over, deltoid injury question
« on: April 02, 2007, 11:57:28 AM »
After 12yrs of training hard amost non-stop I have begun to fall apart. Knees hurt so I can't squat heavy. I have golfer's elbow and my rotators hurt so I recently started training with 10-20lb dumbells. I thought this light training would fix me up but ever since doing side laterals with 10lbs last week, my left side deltoid has a big, hard, sore lump in it. It doesn't interfere with mobility, it's just swollen and tender. I've never had this before. Anyone have any idea what it is?

Dr. D

• Getbig III
  • Vince and Derek: Match made in GetBig Heaven!
Re: Injuries all over, deltoid injury question
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 08:05:18 PM »
It just tissue building up around it via response inflammation....your body is trying to heal but you are doing more damage to it...usually this happens around joints

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 04:26:00 AM »
For the general injuries I suggest using glucosamine to try and get your joints in order.  Try using glutamine to speed up the healing of damaged muscles etc.

You shouldn't be feeling like this if you trained intelligently.  Did you bother warming up and stretching in the past?
It hasn't helped...

MrBoring

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 07:10:19 PM »
I've always warmed up especially shoulders. The funniest thing is that this was the first time I did a shoulder workout using 10lb dumbells and also the first time I got this hard ass lump in my shoulder. It's still there a couple of weeks later.

DylanPG

• Getbig II
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 02:27:27 PM »
After 12yrs of training hard amost non-stop I have begun to fall apart. Knees hurt so I can't squat heavy. I have golfer's elbow and my rotators hurt so I recently started training with 10-20lb dumbells. I thought this light training would fix me up but ever since doing side laterals with 10lbs last week, my left side deltoid has a big, hard, sore lump in it. It doesn't interfere with mobility, it's just swollen and tender. I've never had this before. Anyone have any idea what it is?

I swear, I think I have the same injuries that you do.  I hurt my shoulder benching about 8 months ago and I still can't go heavy.  I also too have golfer's elbow.  My knee hurts and I my hip flexor is strained.  I went to the doctor and he told me to take Advil, what a waste of a copay.

Dr. D

• Getbig III
  • Vince and Derek: Match made in GetBig Heaven!
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2007, 08:16:24 AM »
I've always warmed up especially shoulders. The funniest thing is that this was the first time I did a shoulder workout using 10lb dumbells and also the first time I got this hard ass lump in my shoulder. It's still there a couple of weeks later.

Like I said, you have some serious inflammation going on and probably some painful trigger points.When you over-train any joints, it will produce a sheath-like protection around it if you keep irritating it. I would go see a NMT and have it looked at. People tend to over due the shoulders not realizing that the shoulder is a multi-facet joint and we use it for all upper body training.