Author Topic: Please tell me the democrats plan for fighting terrorism?  (Read 4743 times)

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
Please tell me the democrats plan for fighting terrorism?
« on: April 03, 2007, 12:51:09 PM »
*crickets chirping*  psssssst, they have no plan other than tuck tail and RUN!
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Please tell me the democrats plan for fighting terrorism?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 12:54:04 PM »
Negotiate.   :)

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 12:56:50 PM »

Negotiate with terrorists?  dear god, this country is fucking doomed if a dem takes office.  say goodbye to every high rise we have left.  Goodbye empire state building, goodbye statue of liberty....*sniffle*
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

dizzleman06

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 12:58:40 PM »

HOW DO YOU NEGOTIATE WITH PEOPLE WHO TO US SEEM IRATIONAL?

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 12:59:00 PM »
C  R  I  C  K  E  T  S

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 01:01:56 PM »

You cannot.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 01:02:10 PM »
C  R  I  C  K  E  T  S

LOL.   ;D

dizzleman06

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2007, 01:06:18 PM »
DING DING DING, WE HAVE A WINNER....TELL HIM WHAT HE HAS WON!!!! ;D

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2007, 01:08:12 PM »
Here's a link to the 2004 party platform and it's strategy for fighting terrorism.  I don't agree with some of it but much of it is sound.

It is eminently more sensible than the republican platform of regime change and incompetent management of US resources.

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/showplatforms.php?platindex=D2004

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2007, 01:08:29 PM »
hmmmmm, still no plans for fighting terror the democrat way.  i assumed as much.

much like their campaigh of 2004 when their candidates ran basically on 'i am not george bush'.

this is why democrats are now unelectable, they put nothing on the table, they just bitch ,whine ,and moan.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2007, 01:11:40 PM »
It is rare that national leaders are irrational to the point where diplomacy is useless.  Even Hussein was open to diplomacy when self-preservation was an issue.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2007, 01:16:48 PM »
Here's a link to the 2004 party platform and it's strategy for fighting terrorism.  I don't agree with some of it but much of it is sound.

It is eminently more sensible than the republican platform of regime change and incompetent management of US resources.

There is some good stuff here.  I think they don't go quite far and explain what we do when talks fail:

Even as we have scoured Iraq for signs of weapons of mass destruction, Iran has reportedly been working to develop them next door. A nuclear-armed Iran is an unacceptable risk to us and our allies.

The same is true for other countries that may be seeking nuclear weapons. This is why strengthening the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty is so critical. We must close the loophole that lets countries develop nuclear weapons capabilities under the guise of a peaceful, civilian nuclear power program. We also need to strengthen enforcement and verification and make rigorous inspection protocols mandatory.

We must work with every country to tighten export controls, stiffen penalties, and beef up law enforcement and intelligence sharing. That way we can make absolutely sure that a disaster like the AQ Khan black market network, which grew out of Pakistan's nuclear program, can never happen again. We must also take steps to reduce tension between India and Pakistan and guard against the possibility of their nuclear weapons falling into the wrong hands.

dizzleman06

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2007, 01:17:25 PM »
It is rare that national leaders are irrational to the point where diplomacy is useless.  Even Hussein was open to diplomacy when self-preservation was an issue.

IT IS RARE?  EXACTLY HOW RARE?  

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2007, 01:22:13 PM »
IT IS RARE?  EXACTLY HOW RARE?  
Very rare.  I can think of two examples off of the top of my head.  GW Bush throws diplomacy out the window as did Hitler.  Both men used diplomacy until it didn't fit their ends any more.  Bush with Iraq.  And Hitler with the Allied forces.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2007, 01:26:21 PM »
Ya know what?

Even if the dems have NO plan, it saves us $200 Billion a day and 1000 troops a year in Iraq.

And the only domestic attack had the White house's fingerprints all over it, whether you'll face it or not.

dizzleman06

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2007, 01:26:54 PM »
SO THEN WHAT IS YOUR PLAN FOR THE BIG NEGOTIATION?

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2007, 01:28:53 PM »

well now, theres that mumbo jumbo from the kerry run for the white house.

hmmmm, look where it got him.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2007, 01:29:57 PM »
Ya know what?

Even if the dems have NO plan, it saves us $200 Billion a day and 1000 troops a year in Iraq.

And the only domestic attack had the White house's fingerprints all over it, whether you'll face it or not.

you lose all credibility with the crapola about the white house fingerprints all over it.

moon landing was fake also.....thats how much credibility you have when you talk that silly crap.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2007, 01:30:59 PM »
Very rare.  I can think of two examples off of the top of my head.  GW Bush throws diplomacy out the window as did Hitler.  Both men used diplomacy until it didn't fit their ends any more.  Bush with Iraq.  And Hitler with the Allied forces.
how long would you have let iraq shoot at our planes?  how long would you let them thumb their noses at UN resolutions?  for eternity?
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

dizzleman06

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2007, 01:32:11 PM »
how long would you have let iraq shoot at our planes?  how long would you let them thumb their noses at UN resolutions?  for eternity?

NO SILLY ROOSTER THEY WANTED TO "NEGOTIATE"..... ::)

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2007, 01:33:42 PM »
NO SILLY ROOSTER THEY WANTED TO "NEGOTIATE"..... ::)
Also know as....SPITTING IN THE UNITED STATES FACE.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2007, 01:36:12 PM »
you lose all credibility with the crapola about the white house fingerprints all over it.

Why?

Terry, are you at all familiar with operation Northwoods, a plan in 1962 to crash planes and stage terror attacks in miami in order to instigate a war with Cuba?  The joint chiefs and the DoD all approved it - JFK didn't.

Can you research it (Wiki is your friend) and let me know your thoughts on this - a US Govt plan to stage terror attacks on our people to achieve justification for a war?

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2007, 01:42:22 PM »
Why?

Terry, are you at all familiar with operation Northwoods, a plan in 1962 to crash planes and stage terror attacks in miami in order to instigate a war with Cuba?  The joint chiefs and the DoD all approved it - JFK didn't.

Can you research it (Wiki is your friend) and let me know your thoughts on this - a US Govt plan to stage terror attacks on our people to achieve justification for a war?

I just can't in good concience believe my nation would do that so i shan't research it.

thing is, why would a president in his first term take such a risk to start a war and ruin his presidency?
then you have al-quaeda taking responsibility also so that blows out of the water that bush set it up.

just too kooky for me.

currently my mind is a blur, its lost thinking about them revoking paris hilton's probation and tossing her in jail. I'm imagining all the lesboys using her as their toy girl.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2007, 01:49:53 PM »
I just can't in good concience believe my nation would do that so i shan't research it.

Okay.  You admit you'd rather not know, and I accept that.  i admire your honesty.

it happened in 1967 also - Lyndon B Johnson gave a direct order that the USS Liberty NOT be rescued - "I want that boat at the bottom of the g*ddamn sea", the transcript said.

1967 - Gulf of Tonken - same thing.  Was just declassified.

You see Roosty, after 40 years they declassify these things, because by then, everyone involved is dead or senile.  They'll do the same thing with 9/11, just so you know. 

Self-attacks and "letting it happen so we can start a war" are common tactics that many nations use.  They believe that a few lives lost justify actions which make life better for everyone else.

however, I admire your honestly.  Remember one thing though - we're just talking history here.  911 is part of our history now.  it's a fascinating subject and just like the Civil War or WWI, we can look at it with honest eyes and see what we can learn from it.

You can question and study 911 and still be a very devoted American.

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2007, 01:56:58 PM »
Okay.  You admit you'd rather not know, and I accept that.  i admire your honesty.

it happened in 1967 also - Lyndon B Johnson gave a direct order that the USS Liberty NOT be rescued - "I want that boat at the bottom of the g*ddamn sea", the transcript said.

1967 - Gulf of Tonken - same thing.  Was just declassified.

You see Roosty, after 40 years they declassify these things, because by then, everyone involved is dead or senile.  They'll do the same thing with 9/11, just so you know. 

Self-attacks and "letting it happen so we can start a war" are common tactics that many nations use.  They believe that a few lives lost justify actions which make life better for everyone else.

however, I admire your honestly.  Remember one thing though - we're just talking history here.  911 is part of our history now.  it's a fascinating subject and just like the Civil War or WWI, we can look at it with honest eyes and see what we can learn from it.

You can question and study 911 and still be a very devoted American.

and if it is revealed, i'll still love my nation.  I'll shock you further and tell you that i KNOW there are spooky things the government does but ONLY in our best interest.   If it comes out we crashed the planes to keep the rest of the nation safe by taking out Iraq before they got weapons of mass destruction, i'll still salute president bush, might even make me respect him more by realizing he had even bigger balls than i initially thought.

Yep, i agree sometimes our government probably has to do some spooky things and i'd still love my nation, fly the red white and blue proudly and be DAMN glad i'm an AMERICAN!
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo