Author Topic: 7 rules to build a phenominal physique  (Read 25801 times)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Re: 7 rules to build a phenominal physique
« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2007, 07:05:25 AM »
hahahahaha, exactly, he keeps his legs skinny so he can run from the cops when they chase him down for "approaching" 12 year olds.
or he can run when he sees this guy

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2007, 07:05:33 AM »
Wrong, good form on cheats is to maintain control, not the same as reverse cheats. Obviously you can't tell the difference. Asking gh15 isn't going to help, he's only one opinion either way.

Look sexy, I've worked out with many pros throughout my life and the ones that succeed are the ones that use good strict form.  gh15 is a pro are you a pro?  Do you have any pictures to validate your claims?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2007, 07:07:46 AM »
or he can run when he sees this guy

hahahahaha, i love when he walks out and says, "so, what's on the agenda for tonight?"

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #78 on: April 05, 2007, 07:08:26 AM »
Look man, I've worked out with many pros all my life and the ones that succeed are the same ones that use good strict form.  gh15 is a pro are you a pro?  Do you have any pictures to validate your claims?

Dude, wake up you're going in circles with the same stuff. Schwarzenegger for one always said cheat curls were #1 for size, was he a pro? LOL it's too easy shooting holes in your logic-strict the way you're obsessed with is only one way.

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2007, 07:09:27 AM »
As if you know anything about dan18, he looks like he is above 40... how is that "not lasting"...
he is over 40 and spends his days insulting people on a web site?  thats even MORE DISTURBING!
i can understand a punk like squadfather doing that, hes still hitting puberty and waiting on his first sexual encounter.
I'm not counting his mom giving him bj's
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: April 05, 2007, 07:10:07 AM »
Dude, wake up you're going in circles with the same stuff. Schwarzenegger for one always said cheat curls were #1 for size, was he a pro? LOL it's too easy shooting holes in your logic.

You go by anything Schwarzenegger says don't you?  Arnold was the same guy that would lead everyone stray feeding them bullshit training principles that he would never use.  Problem is, you have no logic.

All I am trying to say is that by using strict form, you will achieve the results you desire faster than by using sloppy form. 

For instance, using strict form along with all other variables intact (Diet, Drugs etc..) you will get where you want to be in about 2-3 years.  Whereas using sloppy form, you will get to where you want to be at about 6-7 years.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2007, 07:11:08 AM »
You go by anything Schwarzenegger says don't you?  Arnold was the same guy that would lead everyone stray feeding them bullshit training principles that he would never use.  Problem is, you have no logic.

You were the one who started evoking pros as your "evidence". Discussing this with you is like shooting fish in a barrel.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: April 05, 2007, 07:13:13 AM »
You were the one who started evoking pros as your "evidence". Discussing this with you is like shooting fish in a barrel.

Aren't you the same guy who had the longest thread in getbig history?  The debate about Ronnie versus Dorian?

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #83 on: April 05, 2007, 07:13:36 AM »

Check it out...Strict reps are good at the begining of the exercise but i have no problem with getting to the top of the set and cheating to get a couple of forced reps out....my body responds better from that than trying to go for strict form all the way through...

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: April 05, 2007, 07:14:32 AM »
Check it out...Strict reps are good at the begining of the exercise but i have no problem with getting to the top of the set and cheating to get a couple of forced reps out....my body responds better from that than trying to go for strict form all the way through...

LOL this is called common sense, mixing the two in together for maximal effect.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: April 05, 2007, 07:15:17 AM »
"everything works but nothing works forever".

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: April 05, 2007, 07:15:24 AM »

big_mal,

I understand what you do, but would you agree that using cheat curls from the beginning to the end would be very futile?

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: April 05, 2007, 07:16:32 AM »
big_mal,

I understand what you do, but would you agree that using cheat curls from the beginning to the end would be very futile?

Keep in mind that he can't discern between reverse cleans and controlled cheats just to get the weight moving, that work the muscle well; there's no in between for him.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: April 05, 2007, 07:18:08 AM »
Keep in mind that he can't discern between reverse cleans and controlled cheats that work the muscle well; there's no in between for him.

I don't understand.  You are saying that big_mal can't discern between reverse cleans and controlled cheats or are you saying I can not?

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #89 on: April 05, 2007, 07:18:45 AM »
he is over 40 and spends his days insulting people on a web site?  thats even MORE DISTURBING!
i can understand a punk like squadfather doing that, hes still hitting puberty and waiting on his first sexual encounter.
I'm not counting his mom giving him bj's
You post more than me stupid youre on here more than me it passes the time while working i dont have as much time as id like at least im not on here after work.Its called a life..
p

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #90 on: April 05, 2007, 07:19:05 AM »

All I am trying to say is that by using strict form, you will achieve the results you desire faster than by using sloppy form. 

For instance, using strict form along with all other variables intact (Diet, Drugs etc..) you will get where you want to be in about 2-3 years.  Whereas using sloppy form, you will get to where you want to be at about 6-7 years.

Whoa, you have more knowledge that Arnie?  hahahahahaha
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: April 05, 2007, 07:19:27 AM »
I don't understand.  You are saying that big_mal can't discern between reverse cleans and controlled cheats or are you saying I can not?

Try a set in which you use just a slight bit of motion to get the weight thru the first few inches that includes the sticking point, after which it's all you getting the weight up. Controlled cheats, nothing to do with the reverse cleans.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: April 05, 2007, 07:20:14 AM »
Whoa, you have more knowledge that Arnie?  hahahahahaha

Shut up old man and let the grown ups speak.  I have an AARP card in the mail for you, just sit tight.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #93 on: April 05, 2007, 07:21:02 AM »
Keep in mind that he can't discern between reverse cleans and controlled cheats just to get the weight moving, that work the muscle well; there's no in between for him.

oh na i dont do that...like its for forced reps...but im not gonna load a bunch of weight and just cheat from start to finish...i dont really feel shit when i do that.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: April 05, 2007, 07:22:49 AM »
Try a set in which you use just a slight bit of motion to get the weight thru the first few inches that includes the sticking point, after which it's all you getting the weight up. Controlled cheats, nothing to do with the reverse cleans you seem to think are the only alternative to strict.

Pumpster,

I don't think you understand what I am saying.  If for instance, you were to use cheat curls for an entire set, you will find that your gains will be minimal in a short time frame, but if you were to use strict form instead, your gains will me much more discernible..

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: April 05, 2007, 07:24:10 AM »
Pumpster,

I don't think you understand what I am saying.  If for instance, you were to use cheat curls for an entire set, you will find that your gains will be minimal in a short time frame, but if you were to use strict form instead, your gains will me much more discernible..

What i'm saying is that those aren't the only two possibilities. A third is very slight motion at the beginning of each ROM, just to get the weight moving a few inches using heavier weight, after which the muscles take over. AKA x-reps. Slight motion to get through the sticking point. Nothing to do with either of your scenarios. A whole set like this is effective, sometimes better than strict.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: April 05, 2007, 07:25:03 AM »
And what i'm saying is that those aren't the only two possibilities. A third is what i've said, very slight motion at the beginning just to get the weight moving a few inches, after which the muscles take over. Nothing to do with either of your scenarios.

Pumpster, why don't we agree to disagree and instead make a peace thread?

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #97 on: April 05, 2007, 07:25:34 AM »

im sorry i have no idea what you are talking about..im  a mere simpleton

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: April 05, 2007, 07:26:51 AM »
im sorry i have no idea what you are talking about..im  a mere simpleton

No you are not, I don't care what anyone says, I love you big_mal..

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #99 on: April 05, 2007, 07:28:49 AM »
No you are not, I don't care what anyone says, I love you big_mal..

Um ok..thats cool :-\

Still like WTF does he mean..actually i dont care...im swole ;D