Author Topic: Overdieting on a cycle??!  (Read 2390 times)

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby
Re: Overdieting on a cycle??!
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2007, 05:41:14 AM »
I know at first glance it seems that it would be this way, but the truth is in fact the exact opposite. Like I've mentioned already, the first 3-4 days of the diet can be very difficult because of the initial shock of zero carbs, but after that your good to go. Once your body goes into ketosis you have an unlimited supply of energy to pull from, ketones. As far as being able to focus or what not, you should find that your thinking is much clearer then ever before. I've been folowing this way of dieting now for a bit and I can honestly say that I've never been able to think as clearly as I do now..I've actually been shocked at the difference.

Im not real familiar with his work, but quick question: Is he advocating this type of diet for bulking as well?
ah yeah Im a voodo child

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2007, 05:43:46 AM »
Im not real familiar with his work, but quick question: Is he advocating this type of diet for bulking as well?

I'm not 100% but I thought it was a pre-contest diet.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2007, 09:08:15 AM »
Thanks for the earlier advice AJ, appreciate it.  :)

Btw, out of curiosity, is the fat intake of the diet i listed above too much or just ok for a 95kg person preping for a show?
No, this is where you should start, make adjustments as you go.

How do i adjust the fat intake based on the progress & need throughout the entire length of the diet?
]
As far as exact nutrient breakdowns, i.e. how much fat you should cut back as you diet, sorry but I can't give an exact answer to this. This is where a good set of trained eyes comes into play, someone who can tell how you're progressing. However, on your diet if you start to plateau and you need to cut some calories back a tad, slightly modify the fats, not the protein intake...I know this is pretty general advice, but answerers on a board can often be general.

And also in the forum link you gave, Dave Palumbo mentioned a cheat meal once per week to reload glycogen stores. Is this necessary to be done?
Yes, this is actually a crucial part of the plan. However once you get a few wks out from your show, you will want to drop this. How many wks? Again, it depends on the guy.
Lastly, What do u think of Bodybuilding.com's Power butter a natural butter source? http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/pb/peanut.html  Is it suitable?

No, I don't think so.