Author Topic: Personal Trainers who are out of shape.  (Read 6184 times)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Re: Personal Trainers who are out of shape.
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2007, 05:50:02 AM »
Word up.  I know a guy online that is about 5'10 , weighs 130, has more training knowledge that any buffoon here.

So he's attained his ideal physique at 130?  That's just the opposite extreme from the ignorant juice monkey.

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2007, 05:52:47 AM »
So he's attained his ideal physique at 130?  That's just the opposite extreme from the ignorant juice monkey.
Nope, hes just not into bodybuilding, hes a distance runner but the guy graduated with a degree in physiology, has about 4 training certificates, studies constantly, most knowledgeable guy i know.  I'd let him train anyone in my gym anytime and they WOULD get results.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2007, 05:53:48 AM »
Yes and no.

DO you think you would have a lower IQ , equal or higher?
Do you think you would be more predisposed to having illegitement kids?

I'm around 190-200.  Helps me with MBA/Phar Science grad work.

I got my dog from the SPCA.  It's just like a kid, so I guess it counts, right?

::)
Oh...Monica!

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2007, 06:02:21 AM »
Nope, hes just not into bodybuilding, hes a distance runner but the guy graduated with a degree in physiology, has about 4 training certificates, studies constantly, most knowledgeable guy i know.  I'd let him train anyone in my gym anytime and they WOULD get results.

That's valuable for sure, but my ideal PT would have first hand experience too (not that I use one).

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2007, 06:15:53 AM »
I wouldn't knock the ones that are out of shape per se...I only hate the ones that think they're god's gift to men's physique development and not only do they look like shit but they don't KNOW shit. I've got a few friends that for all intensive purposes don't workout at all beyond helping train clients because they're so burnt out on it from just work HOWEVER! Not only do they have trainer certs but most have sports science, kines, or sports medicine degrees. I don't give credit to anyone until they prove to me they're worth listening to. A guy telling me how to train that wants to do so just to make his smaller self feel better because he told the big guy he's doing it wrong is a crock of shit.

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2007, 07:36:05 AM »
I fucking hate it. Fat one's skinny one's , all of them.

Theres this tall skinny fag were I work out who stands around trying to give people nutrition and traning advice. Why would someone Liston to these fags.  They look like shit.  Not saying I look great but I look better then most of these guys, as I'm sure many on getbig do.

In real sports the trainers and coach who are out of shape are the best ones!!!
that means they didn't have the potential to b a pro, but did everything in their power to get there..
so imagine all their knowlege passed to you!!

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2007, 07:42:09 AM »
Training knowledge comes from the brain fellas, not your body.  Hope this helps.

well let me say this. If I knew nothing about training and I was trying to get in shape, there is not way I would hire a fat ass out of shape PT .

Naked4Jesus

• Getbig IV
  • You can save a IFBB Pro today by donating a kidney
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2007, 07:46:01 AM »

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2007, 07:49:13 AM »
Hoops players shouldn't listen to Bobby Knight I suppose, after all, he can't dunk!

And bill belichick?  hell he can't throw the ball 20 yards, why listen to his ass.

Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2007, 07:50:37 AM »
SPorts like that need strategy, BB aka fitness is a personal thing ...fat people shouldnt be personal trainers, actually they shouldnt share the same air as regular sized people ..
L

insidescoop

• Getbig II
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2007, 07:51:08 AM »
Im somebody who has accomplished a lot in the sport, along with several CPT certifications.....i was always amazed at the huge number of people that would pass on me because they "didnt want to get too muscular".  the general public is completely ignorant, and many certifications push the "anti bodybuilder" agenda, because it opens them up to MORE people who will buy a certification regardless of their background....

My favorites were Neil Spruce, John Mcdermott and Tom Purvis(?) guy from NASM/APEX....all former bodybuilders who would trash teh idea of a  bodybuilder being a PT because the bodybuilders beleifs were grounded in "mythology" and someone who was a UPS driver last week and a NASM trainer this week was a better trainer because the former drivers beleifs were based on the "scientific" NASM principles.   I was in a class with Tim Belknap, and we were both exposed to aweek of bodybuilder bashing.  then the next minute Purvis would be on an infomercial pushing some garbage exercise machine.
A bunch of idiots, but Spruce at least ended up really wealthy.

At the club where i trained, I had trainers with out a stitch of muscle, new to the industry, complaining to the management that i wasnt following the NASM principles.  Most were completely oblivious, but it was amazing the level of dedication their clients sometimes had...i mean, who would hire a trainer thats in worse than they are?  But it happens all the time...

"I dont want to get too big,,,,,,,"

finurface

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2007, 08:24:05 AM »
its really hard to be a personal trainer!

you have to tell skinny people to lift weights to grow muscles, and to eat proteins and carbs.
you have to tell fat people to stop eating carbs and fats, eat some proteins and do cardio, and to lift weight if they want too.

Wow  ::)

The funny is, most PT dont even know that...

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2007, 09:16:03 AM »
PT's are there for the severly nonactive %75 of our population.  Their job should be getting them on a treadmill and just yelling "RUN".  That is really what these people need.  Just to actually MOVE SOMETHING.  So for that purpose, whatever, for a bodybuilder, we need to ignore them. 

They are not there for us...
Most are all show no go!

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
  • Really ? You finished turd my flend? Maricon..
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2007, 10:26:47 AM »
I fucking hate it. Fat one's skinny one's , all of them.

Theres this tall skinny fag were I work out who stands around trying to give people nutrition and traning advice. Why would someone Liston to these fags.  They look like shit.  Not saying I look great but I look better then most of these guys, as I'm sure many on getbig do.

Since when did Apenis become a personal trainer..?

THEBERG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2007, 02:17:22 PM »
This is an interesting thread to me.
I live in NewZealand and am currently personal training. I graduated with a exercise physiology degree and compared to other trainers who did a weekend course my knowledge surpasses them by vast amounts. Just because you've got big muscles doesn't mean you know shit about how to train others. I"m lucky that I'm a bodybuilder so I've got theory and practice in bodybuilding,body recomposition as well as being able to train people for sports, injuries etc.

Looks are huge in the fitness industry and even though a fat trainer with all the knowledge and qualifications maybe awesome more often than not their looks will deter people.

I started out PTing when i was about 22% BF and people use to say u don't look like a Trainer but a big advertisement for me getting clients is by coming down to12% BF which as worked wonders for me.

I also get alot of females so they don't want free weights because they don't want to get bulky but they wont and free weights generally yield the greatest results for any form of goals.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2007, 02:28:40 PM »
Word up.  I know a guy online that is about 5'10 , weighs 130, has more training knowledge that any buffoon here.
if he did heve any training knowlage he would be big.

training knowlage cannot only come from reading books or taking pt courses. You need to practice it yourself to attain the knowlage asswell as learning from others that practice it.

to say that you can know alot about training without practicing it yourself is like saying you can play tennis just because you read books and took courses about it.

sixpackabs

• Getbig II
  • The better you look, the more you see!
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2007, 02:54:35 PM »
Go to Steel Gym in NYC and look for the female trainer in tight jeans, push-up bra and cowboy boots. She trains clients in full make-up. You have to see it to believe it! ::)

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2007, 03:01:01 PM »
Go to Steel Gym in NYC and look for the female trainer in tight jeans, push-up bra and cowboy boots. She trains clients in full make-up. You have to see it to believe it! ::)

Hell ya, I know middle-aged guys that pay strippers to role play in the same outfit as a trainer LoL.....
You Can't Do It!!!

skool

• Getbig I
  • || Mesomorph ||
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2007, 04:38:54 PM »
Thats me and my training buddy on the right.. we both are personal trainers and we got lot of clients with 90% retention rate which includes women, seniors, kids and special cases- they never get intimated with us, we educate our clients on healthy living and train special cases which majority of the bodybuilders fail to do cos you dont learn about sports injuries, sports nutrition, exercise science etc in the gym.. a bodybuilder is a bodybuilder cos of his genetics and not for his training.. i dont disrespect bodybuilders.. i know trainers with 3 different certification from different schools but they dont know how to teach a novice squats or lateral raises or lunges or bent over barbell row or dead lift which can help a regular client achieve overall strength but this trainers are best at operating all cardio machines so its pointless to blame or point finger on all the fat personal trainers or trainers with great genetics.. im in this profession cos i had passion for pumping iron and learning everything about it, my epitome of what a man should be was never a Hollywood star or a sporting great like Jordan(Basketball) nor Schummacher(F-1). It was always the Mr. OLYMPIA (The most muscular human on earth.)

Even today when I workout, I workout with the express desire of reaching that level of musculature.

For the past 10 years my sole obsession has been the pursuit of more & more muscle & strength over every inch of my body.

To this end I have tried to garner as much knowledge as possible about the science of muscular Hypertrophy (Growth) & the hugely misunderstood sport of Body Building. I can safely say that I know body building as well as my Mother Tongue.

Somewhere down the line I got into the booming Fitness industry but stayed true to my Body Building Roots.

My real name is Abbas Ali and Viraj is my training buddy, we are from Bombay City India..

Peace Everyone...

This Forum Rock...

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2007, 04:49:48 PM »
Yes and no.

DO you think you would have a lower IQ , equal or higher?
Do you think you would be more predisposed to having illegitement kids?

Obviously from your response the result of this guy being Black would mean a HIGHER IQ....

Clearly you need to talk to PLANNED PARENTHOOD about ILLEGITIMATE kids...because it is caucasians who have the most illegitimate kids...that is if you are not MURDERING them in the womb with abortions of which you reign supreme at having. Maybe it is also because whites are the face of welfare, poverty, drug use, drug dealing, gang members, school drop outs and school violence in america...to name just a few things. See being BLACK is being SMARTER.... Maybe if whites has a higher IQ IMUS would still have his job...ha ha ha ha...but you know the saying... DUMB IS WHAT DUMB DOES AND WHITES DO A LOT OF DUMB THINGS....
C

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2007, 04:53:22 PM »
Thats me and my training buddy on the right.. we both are personal trainers and we got lot of clients with 90% retention rate which includes women, seniors, kids and special cases- they never get intimated with us, we educate our clients on healthy living and train special cases which majority of the bodybuilders fail to do cos you dont learn about sports injuries, sports nutrition, exercise science etc in the gym.. a bodybuilder is a bodybuilder cos of his genetics and not for his training.. i dont disrespect bodybuilders.. i know trainers with 3 different certification from different schools but they dont know how to teach a novice squats or lateral raises or lunges or bent over barbell row or dead lift which can help a regular client achieve overall strength but this trainers are best at operating all cardio machines so its pointless to blame or point finger on all the fat personal trainers or trainers with great genetics.. im in this profession cos i had passion for pumping iron and learning everything about it, my epitome of what a man should be was never a Hollywood star or a sporting great like Jordan(Basketball) nor Schummacher(F-1). It was always the Mr. OLYMPIA (The most muscular human on earth.)

Even today when I workout, I workout with the express desire of reaching that level of musculature.

For the past 10 years my sole obsession has been the pursuit of more & more muscle & strength over every inch of my body.

To this end I have tried to garner as much knowledge as possible about the science of muscular Hypertrophy (Growth) & the hugely misunderstood sport of Body Building. I can safely say that I know body building as well as my Mother Tongue.

Somewhere down the line I got into the booming Fitness industry but stayed true to my Body Building Roots.

My real name is Abbas Ali and Viraj is my training buddy, we are from Bombay City India..

Peace Everyone...

This Forum Rock...

please visit the shadow and feed him

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2007, 05:42:44 PM »
Im somebody who has accomplished a lot in the sport, along with several CPT certifications.....i was always amazed at the huge number of people that would pass on me because they "didnt want to get too muscular".  the general public is completely ignorant, and many certifications push the "anti bodybuilder" agenda, because it opens them up to MORE people who will buy a certification regardless of their background....

My favorites were Neil Spruce, John Mcdermott and Tom Purvis(?) guy from NASM/APEX....all former bodybuilders who would trash teh idea of a  bodybuilder being a PT because the bodybuilders beleifs were grounded in "mythology" and someone who was a UPS driver last week and a NASM trainer this week was a better trainer because the former drivers beleifs were based on the "scientific" NASM principles.   I was in a class with Tim Belknap, and we were both exposed to aweek of bodybuilder bashing.  then the next minute Purvis would be on an infomercial pushing some garbage exercise machine.
A bunch of idiots, but Spruce at least ended up really wealthy.

At the club where i trained, I had trainers with out a stitch of muscle, new to the industry, complaining to the management that i wasnt following the NASM principles.  Most were completely oblivious, but it was amazing the level of dedication their clients sometimes had...i mean, who would hire a trainer thats in worse than they are?  But it happens all the time...

"I dont want to get too big,,,,,,,"

I despise the whole "core stability" shit that NASM/APEX teaches to everybody.  I work at 24 hour fitness in sales, because the fitness manager at the gym I work at wouldn't hire me because I refuse to teach everybody the "parallel cable squat/high cable row/one-legged box jump" bullshit if all they need is the basics.  His argument is that "anybody can do basic free weight exercises, you have to give them something they've never seen so they can justify spending money on training."  And here I thought getting them results would be enough to justify it, but what the hell do I know?

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2007, 06:03:59 PM »
Obviously from your response the result of this guy being Black would mean a HIGHER IQ....

Clearly you need to talk to PLANNED PARENTHOOD about ILLEGITIMATE kids...because it is caucasians who have the most illegitimate kids...that is if you are not MURDERING them in the womb with abortions of which you reign supreme at having. Maybe it is also because whites are the face of welfare, poverty, drug use, drug dealing, gang members, school drop outs and school violence in america...to name just a few things. See being BLACK is being SMARTER.... Maybe if whites has a higher IQ IMUS would still have his job...ha ha ha ha...but you know the saying... DUMB IS WHAT DUMB DOES AND WHITES DO A LOT OF DUMB THINGS....

Hahahaha ok . Even BIll COsby called the "bruthas" out. 70% of blacks are born out of wedlock!
Why is this Samson?

THEBERG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2007, 04:28:57 PM »
His argument is that "anybody can do basic free weight exercises, you have to give them something they've never seen so they can justify spending money on training."  And here I thought getting them results would be enough to justify it, but what the hell do I know?
I have often had this with discussions with my boss and other trainers, i prescribe very basic free weight exercises to my clients because my clients get awesome results from my methods. The programs look basic but i would rather them get results than be blown away me new exercises that in most cases are worthless.

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2007, 04:53:43 PM »
even worse than trainers out of shape is "pro bodybuilders" that are out of shape and in the pdi there is a few.