Author Topic: Milos: What will you do??????  (Read 3391 times)

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
Milos: What will you do??????
« on: April 05, 2007, 07:22:56 PM »
To get some seperation in Silvio Samuels Quads???

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: Milos: What will you do??????
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 06:27:19 PM »
bump with picture

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • http://www.milossarcev.com
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 08:32:12 PM »
To get some seperation in Silvio Samuels Quads???

Train him in my giant sets fashion with emphasis on exercises and techniques FOR SEPARATION ;)

One example - tomorrow 2PM - Koloseum Gym Fullerton.

Want to join?

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 08:36:31 PM »
I don't see what people seem to find attractive about his physique. Sure, he's got round muscles and small joints, but his flaws are so numerous and obvious that it's a mystery to me that he's placed anywhere near the top 3.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2007, 10:26:44 PM »
From what I here Silvio is a very nice and humble guy. From the pic here I would suggest that Silvio put his arms down some and bring his feet closer together which would enable him to flex his upper thighs a little better plus it would make him look more asthetic. Silvio is very hard and dense which can be misleading as far as being ripped. He still needs to lose some fat to bring out more separation in his thighs.

Luke Wood

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2007, 10:35:32 PM »
From what I here Silvio is a very nice and humble guy. From the pic here I would suggest that Silvio put his arms down some and bring his feet closer together which would enable him to flex his upper thighs a little better plus it would make him look more asthetic. Silvio is very hard and dense which can be misleading as far as being ripped. He still needs to lose some fat to bring out more separation in his thighs.

I respect your opinion man, but losing bodyfat off his quads is far from the answer!!!! Ive seen Silvio in the flash posing many times so you cannot go off a picture. The man is as lean as anyone i have seen! Thick skin, not fat skin!!  If he does have some lack of separation in his quads its has nothing to with his bodyfat levels!!! THERE IS NO FAT THERE!!! You would pinch more off his ears than his quads!!!
they don't give 6th place to someone in the Arnold with still some fat on there quads!!! I must have been OBESE than!! :D

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2007, 10:37:56 PM »
Something looks odd about him

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2007, 10:47:51 PM »
I respect your opinion man, but losing bodyfat off his quads is far from the answer!!!! Ive seen Silvio in the flash posing many times so you cannot go off a picture. The man is as lean as anyone i have seen! Thick skin, not fat skin!!  If he does have some lack of separation in his quads its has nothing to with his bodyfat levels!!! THERE IS NO FAT THERE!!! You would pinch more off his ears than his quads!!!
they don't give 6th place to someone in the Arnold with still some fat on there quads!!! I must have been OBESE than!! :D

Other than there still being some fat on his thighs he is not flexing his upper quads in that pic so he probably has some better detail than that although not that much. He obviously is not as lean as anyone you have ever seen unless you have been living in a box. He is far from shredded and I am guessing for one or two reasons that I will not go into. I have dealt with this problem before on people and I can tell  you that I have corrected it with diet.

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2007, 10:51:26 PM »
Ahh this thread should be very INTERESTING dude!

Milos, Disgusted & Luke Wood sharing opinions. Nice to finally have professionals exchange their different views on how to approach better quality in a physique. I hope that CHICK could chime in on this as well!!
#

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2007, 10:54:32 PM »
Ahh this thread should be very INTERESTING dude!

Milos, Disgusted & Luke Wood sharing opinions. Nice to finally have professionals exchange their different views on how to approach better quality in a physique. I hope that CHICK could chime in on this as well!!

Don't hold your breath.......right now Bob Cheekardillo is probably changing the Weeda's brothers' diapers.........to be followed by a bedtime story, about a an aging, 7th tier profesional bber..... :-\
HAHA, RON.....

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2007, 10:31:39 AM »
I asked this question because I thought it would start a good debate. And it looks like it has :)

What kind of exercises would you do for seperation Milos??? Are u going to change the exercise selection that  you use for Silvio now??

Because I think with more quad seperation he can move into top 3-4 in the arnold, his upper body is amazing, just the thighs are holding him back.

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2007, 10:40:48 AM »
Silvio - yesterday

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2007, 10:47:15 AM »
he looks great!

Is he taking off until the Olympia??

Silvio - yesterday

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2007, 10:50:56 AM »
OK - I have to go to work...so I don't have the time to answer in detail...
I agree with Disgusted in - Silvio's legs COULD BE leaner...and we are working on it...

Today's workout we might put on tape...it is going to be BRUTAL...

Now as far as the exercises - it is super important HOW someone does particular exercise and I will share one of my posts from my board - which touches the subject that I want to discuss (OK - it was different debate - but nevertheless I hope that some will see my point ;D):

Milos Sarcev

Re: Close-Grip Bench Press, Milos you said..
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2007, 10:35:16 AM »         
Quote from: Abbas Ali on April 01, 2007, 08:51:02 AM
One cannot change the shape of the muscle by changing the grip-
Shape of the muscle is predetermined by your genetics, if i want wider chest like Arnold i cant take a wider grip for my presses to get that look, i can only add lean muscle with right training, nutrition and rest and look presentable with less body fat% period. show me one pro bodybuilder who had changed his/her shape by doing concentration curls for bicep peak or super wide grip pull downs for ultra wide back etc... show be any before and after pics....

I absolutely and completely disagree with this statement.
One COULD very much change the shape of the muscle by changing the grips and angles of the various exercises carefully chosen to stimulate recruitment of different muscle fibers...

I don't know too many people who are in complete control over their muscles...
Once they are able to honesly fire up any particular muscle in isolation (without recruiting surrounding, assisting and complimentary muscles to particular one that we are trying to "fire up") - than and only than people will realize how possible really is to CHOOSE which muscle or part of the muscle will work throughout different exercises....

I've told (many times) the story about old gymnast (never knew his name) whom I met in Yugoslavia back in 1983-1985 (?)...I think.
Guy was about 60 years old and doing wide grip pull ups - like it is easiest thing to do...
I was impressed watching him do about 50 reps so effortlessly - that I just had to go and ask him how he does it?

First thing is he told me - well, I know how to switch muscles which I am using during any exercise...so when one gets tired I start using another...and another...(supporting or secondary movers for that particular exercise....) and in the mean time I can rest my primary mover....so after few reps using other muscles I can switch back to my initial - primary mover...and so on...

I had no idea what the hell was he talking about...but I said "aha" like I understand...and like I am doing the same thing myself...

He smiled and said: "You have no idea what I just said?"....and I just had to agree: " Well, no I don't."...

So he asked me another thing: "Can you, at will...like right now contract any muscle on your body..." and just when I was proudly going to say "off course"...he continued with: "WITHOUT contracting any assisting muscle...rather ANY OTHER MUSCLE but the one I ask you to?"

I looked at him and he said: " OK, let's start with the easy one: squeeze your left peck."
I immediately tried but both of my pecs fired....so I had to start focusing and I managed to squeeze only my left peck independently from the right one..."

"GOOD" he said.
"Now squeeze only right rear delt."

I tried but my complete delt region (front/side/rear) got involved....

"No, no, no...I want only REAR PORTION of the delt - common..."

And as I couldn't really do it - he demonstrated to me...and than he showed me so many other individually contracted muscles - that I started realizing....of course this man has mastered MIND-MUSCLE CONNECTION to the highest degree.

So he jumped on vertical bar and started pumping wide grip pull-ups behind the neck - with full range of motion - all the way down and up - so his neck would almost touch the vertical bar...
All of you who know this exercise will attest how hard is to do 10 reps in perfect form....well he was doing so effortlessly - it was enlightening to see "super-grandpa" (If he had some cloth I would wonder if he had Superman outfit under it...).

As he was doing it he would name the muscle which he uses at the moment and he did 100 reps...and on the 100th rep he "glued his neck to the vertical bar" (static contraction) and held it for 10-15 seconds just to finish his sentence and than he lowered himself, swinged few times before releasing himself into one of those "gymnastic jumps" often seen at competitions - landing perfectly on both feet and raising his hands (as gymnasts do during the competition).

I was - speechless....

"OK my boy...I got to leave...and BTW - what's your name?"
As he was putting his shirt on (in little gym I trained in Novi Sad) it was like a sauna...so most of the guys trained shirtless...(which I hated as I had to wipe-off the benches every time when it is my turn ....but anyway...)

As Super-grandpa was opening the door he actually already managed to put one cigarette in his mouth (waiting to leave the room before he lights it up... )...but he told me once again: "practice...and if you learn how to control each and every muscle - you could build a masterpiece..."

Than he said something that was so familiar for me - as I've heard it from my father numerous times: "EVERYTHING IS IN YOUR MIND"

And he continued with: "BTW, kid...you have pretty good body already - don't just pack muscle on top of the muscle without any order...Build first what you need the most to balance everything out..."

Needless to say - first thing I did after he left was - trying to get that rear delt to fire independently of any other muscle...looking in the mirror and getting frustrated ...until I started getting a feeling....

This is also one of my "secrets" for years when I was challenging some guys who can do more reps with certain amount of weight...    

I did it to Sonny so many times...(to encourage him to train harder...). There was the times I only trained him (and his partner Brad) and asked him to do certain amount of reps...After I would tell him to do...like 15 reps on something and if he complained - I would than tell him:  "OK...tell me how many reps you want me to do - and I'll do it - regardless of what you ask...
And I want you to ask me something that you think there is NO WAY IN HELL that I can do it..."

I remember once he said 58 (Gold's in Diego...1993) and it was leg day...hack squats...
After he and his partner could not finish 15 reps - I did 58...and I wasn't even warmed-up...

I saw Sonny so mad at first...but than as I finished he was so impressed and with both eyes wide open he would say: "man...how can you do that?"

I only said: "It is all in your mind" (without telling him that I was constantly switching the muscles I was using throughout the set...)

I did he same once with ALQ Gurley and Flex - in Hong Kong...we were going to train legs and they were teasing me that I am "pretty boy" with no strength (both comments being insults at the time) - so I told them that whatever they do together - I'll do it myself alone...

So if Flex would do 13 reps and Alq 15 - I would do 28....and I did this in each and every exercise - JUST TO PROVE THE POINT....

OK, without trying to "glorify" myself - I am telling you this to explain most important thing in lifting: FEELING THE MUSCLE WORKING....

And it is much more than mind-muscle connection as that term is being used so lightly (or maybe I should say - it is different levels of that "connection"

Once you master it and start feeling EVERY MUSCLE...you will realize how to recruit whichever fibers you want...

So, in this instance if someone is really skilled - and use CLOSE GRIP benches to stimulate INNER PORTION of the chest...or EXTREMELY WIDE for OUTER PORTION - do exclusively this exercise in your chest training and make sure you use technique, program, load (amount of weight) and intensity that WILL make you sore...

If you do it correctly - you'll notice "different" soreness in your chest - and instead of overall soreness - if you painfully hard touch your chest from inside - out (or vice versa) you will notice which part is CONSIDERABLY more painfull (sore)...

For people that train and never get sore - my suggestion (IF THEY REALLY NEED TO BE CONVINCED) is to stop training chest for couple of weeks and THAN train exclusively for part they want the most - with intensity which will bring soreness (stimulation has to be adequate...and if not sufficient - you might not even get sore...thus - you will not be able to conclude what you are testing...)

And BTW - I choose not to give "scientific" explanation...I find that most of the people I train responded better when I tell them these kinds of stories rather than anatomic lesson and terminology used in exercise physiology...

However, one of my goals IS to exactly do something of that nature: to make bodybuilding exercise physiology encyclopedia - where I would illustrate and demonstrate many "little details" that average trainee just doesn't think about it.

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2007, 10:51:42 AM »
he looks great!

Is he taking off until the Olympia??

Nope - he is doing next 3 shows.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2007, 11:01:11 AM »
Im going to have to read that for a second time.  ;)

OK - I have to go to work...so I don't have the time to answer in detail...
I agree with Disgusted in - Silvio's legs COULD BE leaner...and we are working on it...

Today's workout we might put on tape...it is going to be BRUTAL...

Now as far as the exercises - it is super important HOW someone does particular exercise and I will share one of my posts from my board - which touches the subject that I want to discuss (OK - it was different debate - but nevertheless I hope that some will see my point ;D):

Milos Sarcev

Re: Close-Grip Bench Press, Milos you said..
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2007, 10:35:16 AM »         
Quote from: Abbas Ali on April 01, 2007, 08:51:02 AM
One cannot change the shape of the muscle by changing the grip-
Shape of the muscle is predetermined by your genetics, if i want wider chest like Arnold i cant take a wider grip for my presses to get that look, i can only add lean muscle with right training, nutrition and rest and look presentable with less body fat% period. show me one pro bodybuilder who had changed his/her shape by doing concentration curls for bicep peak or super wide grip pull downs for ultra wide back etc... show be any before and after pics....

I absolutely and completely disagree with this statement.
One COULD very much change the shape of the muscle by changing the grips and angles of the various exercises carefully chosen to stimulate recruitment of different muscle fibers...

I don't know too many people who are in complete control over their muscles...
Once they are able to honesly fire up any particular muscle in isolation (without recruiting surrounding, assisting and complimentary muscles to particular one that we are trying to "fire up") - than and only than people will realize how possible really is to CHOOSE which muscle or part of the muscle will work throughout different exercises....

I've told (many times) the story about old gymnast (never knew his name) whom I met in Yugoslavia back in 1983-1985 (?)...I think.
Guy was about 60 years old and doing wide grip pull ups - like it is easiest thing to do...
I was impressed watching him do about 50 reps so effortlessly - that I just had to go and ask him how he does it?

First thing is he told me - well, I know how to switch muscles which I am using during any exercise...so when one gets tired I start using another...and another...(supporting or secondary movers for that particular exercise....) and in the mean time I can rest my primary mover....so after few reps using other muscles I can switch back to my initial - primary mover...and so on...

I had no idea what the hell was he talking about...but I said "aha" like I understand...and like I am doing the same thing myself...

He smiled and said: "You have no idea what I just said?"....and I just had to agree: " Well, no I don't."...

So he asked me another thing: "Can you, at will...like right now contract any muscle on your body..." and just when I was proudly going to say "off course"...he continued with: "WITHOUT contracting any assisting muscle...rather ANY OTHER MUSCLE but the one I ask you to?"

I looked at him and he said: " OK, let's start with the easy one: squeeze your left peck."
I immediately tried but both of my pecs fired....so I had to start focusing and I managed to squeeze only my left peck independently from the right one..."

"GOOD" he said.
"Now squeeze only right rear delt."

I tried but my complete delt region (front/side/rear) got involved....

"No, no, no...I want only REAR PORTION of the delt - common..."

And as I couldn't really do it - he demonstrated to me...and than he showed me so many other individually contracted muscles - that I started realizing....of course this man has mastered MIND-MUSCLE CONNECTION to the highest degree.

So he jumped on vertical bar and started pumping wide grip pull-ups behind the neck - with full range of motion - all the way down and up - so his neck would almost touch the vertical bar...
All of you who know this exercise will attest how hard is to do 10 reps in perfect form....well he was doing so effortlessly - it was enlightening to see "super-grandpa" (If he had some cloth I would wonder if he had Superman outfit under it...).

As he was doing it he would name the muscle which he uses at the moment and he did 100 reps...and on the 100th rep he "glued his neck to the vertical bar" (static contraction) and held it for 10-15 seconds just to finish his sentence and than he lowered himself, swinged few times before releasing himself into one of those "gymnastic jumps" often seen at competitions - landing perfectly on both feet and raising his hands (as gymnasts do during the competition).

I was - speechless....

"OK my boy...I got to leave...and BTW - what's your name?"
As he was putting his shirt on (in little gym I trained in Novi Sad) it was like a sauna...so most of the guys trained shirtless...(which I hated as I had to wipe-off the benches every time when it is my turn ....but anyway...)

As Super-grandpa was opening the door he actually already managed to put one cigarette in his mouth (waiting to leave the room before he lights it up... )...but he told me once again: "practice...and if you learn how to control each and every muscle - you could build a masterpiece..."

Than he said something that was so familiar for me - as I've heard it from my father numerous times: "EVERYTHING IS IN YOUR MIND"

And he continued with: "BTW, kid...you have pretty good body already - don't just pack muscle on top of the muscle without any order...Build first what you need the most to balance everything out..."

Needless to say - first thing I did after he left was - trying to get that rear delt to fire independently of any other muscle...looking in the mirror and getting frustrated ...until I started getting a feeling....

This is also one of my "secrets" for years when I was challenging some guys who can do more reps with certain amount of weight...    

I did it to Sonny so many times...(to encourage him to train harder...). There was the times I only trained him (and his partner Brad) and asked him to do certain amount of reps...After I would tell him to do...like 15 reps on something and if he complained - I would than tell him:  "OK...tell me how many reps you want me to do - and I'll do it - regardless of what you ask...
And I want you to ask me something that you think there is NO WAY IN HELL that I can do it..."

I remember once he said 58 (Gold's in Diego...1993) and it was leg day...hack squats...
After he and his partner could not finish 15 reps - I did 58...and I wasn't even warmed-up...

I saw Sonny so mad at first...but than as I finished he was so impressed and with both eyes wide open he would say: "man...how can you do that?"

I only said: "It is all in your mind" (without telling him that I was constantly switching the muscles I was using throughout the set...)

I did he same once with ALQ Gurley and Flex - in Hong Kong...we were going to train legs and they were teasing me that I am "pretty boy" with no strength (both comments being insults at the time) - so I told them that whatever they do together - I'll do it myself alone...

So if Flex would do 13 reps and Alq 15 - I would do 28....and I did this in each and every exercise - JUST TO PROVE THE POINT....

OK, without trying to "glorify" myself - I am telling you this to explain most important thing in lifting: FEELING THE MUSCLE WORKING....

And it is much more than mind-muscle connection as that term is being used so lightly (or maybe I should say - it is different levels of that "connection"

Once you master it and start feeling EVERY MUSCLE...you will realize how to recruit whichever fibers you want...

So, in this instance if someone is really skilled - and use CLOSE GRIP benches to stimulate INNER PORTION of the chest...or EXTREMELY WIDE for OUTER PORTION - do exclusively this exercise in your chest training and make sure you use technique, program, load (amount of weight) and intensity that WILL make you sore...

If you do it correctly - you'll notice "different" soreness in your chest - and instead of overall soreness - if you painfully hard touch your chest from inside - out (or vice versa) you will notice which part is CONSIDERABLY more painfull (sore)...

For people that train and never get sore - my suggestion (IF THEY REALLY NEED TO BE CONVINCED) is to stop training chest for couple of weeks and THAN train exclusively for part they want the most - with intensity which will bring soreness (stimulation has to be adequate...and if not sufficient - you might not even get sore...thus - you will not be able to conclude what you are testing...)

And BTW - I choose not to give "scientific" explanation...I find that most of the people I train responded better when I tell them these kinds of stories rather than anatomic lesson and terminology used in exercise physiology...

However, one of my goals IS to exactly do something of that nature: to make bodybuilding exercise physiology encyclopedia - where I would illustrate and demonstrate many "little details" that average trainee just doesn't think about it.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2007, 11:03:15 AM »
so when's the book coming out Mishko?
Deep Tissue Massage

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2007, 11:05:16 AM »
Wow, But I guess if your in shape all year long there is no reason  you shouldnt compete.

I never understood getting super engorged and fat in the offseason, then only competing once a year (like a certain member of this board)

If your a bodybuilder and its your profession, u need to train and look the part all year long. ( Like Silvio)

I totally agree with this Milos. And I bet he will make better gains this way, then getting fat 9 months out of the year and dieting for 3.

Nope - he is doing next 3 shows.

Buttsuck

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2007, 11:08:49 AM »
Train him in my giant sets fashion with emphasis on exercises and techniques FOR SEPARATION ;)

One example - tomorrow 2PM - Koloseum Gym Fullerton.

Want to join?
Milos, i thought you would know of all people that seperation comes from lower body fat. That's like saying i do cable cross overs to bring out striations.

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2007, 09:35:22 AM »
Wow, But I guess if your in shape all year long there is no reason  you shouldnt compete.

I never understood getting super engorged and fat in the offseason, then only competing once a year (like a certain member of this board)

If your a bodybuilder and its your profession, u need to train and look the part all year long. ( Like Silvio)

I totally agree with this Milos. And I bet he will make better gains this way, then getting fat 9 months out of the year and dieting for 3.

You can bet on that.
Gain 40 pounds in off season so you can suffer to loose 41 prcontest? Doesn't sound good to me.
Gain 10 and keep 3-4 sounds much better to me.

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2007, 09:39:22 AM »
Milos, i thought you would know of all people that seperation comes from lower body fat. That's like saying i do cable cross overs to bring out striations.

Cable cross do bring out striations genius...and your comment about lower body fat is somewhat confusing ::).

Body fat is...body fat...Ripped person should have no body fat...thus in order to be ripped person with somewhat higher amount of fat in his/hers lower body better start dieting to get rid of it...

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2007, 12:29:46 PM »
hey milos, u should take your own advices, u stay in shape all year long, so why dont u compete? ;D

You can bet on that.
Gain 40 pounds in off season so you can suffer to loose 41 prcontest? Doesn't sound good to me.
Gain 10 and keep 3-4 sounds much better to me.

Buttsuck

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2007, 12:34:55 PM »
Cable cross do bring out striations genius...and your comment about lower body fat is somewhat confusing ::).

Body fat is...body fat...Ripped person should have no body fat...thus in order to be ripped person with somewhat higher amount of fat in his/hers lower body better start dieting to get rid of it...
???..... Ohhh really.... i was under the impression muscles already had striations and stripping off body fat made them show. Good call milos. I figured all your years of bodybuilding you would have learned that. Whats next? Im sure you will tell me leg extensions bring out seperation now? Hahahahahah.

arce377

• Getbig IV
  • ARCE DO SAN MARTIALARTS SCHOOL
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2007, 08:32:17 PM »
STOP HATING ON MILOS. DAMN HATERS.
ARCE
DOSAN DOJO

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2007, 09:12:35 PM »
???..... Ohhh really.... i was under the impression muscles already had striations and stripping off body fat made them show. Good call milos. I figured all your years of bodybuilding you would have learned that. Whats next? Im sure you will tell me leg extensions bring out seperation now? Hahahahahah.

well that might explain why your body is devoid of striations. and muscles. you keep thinking you actually know a damn thing about bodybuilding and are correcting a guy who has trained people at every rung of the ladder.