Author Topic: Iran has finally gone too far  (Read 9928 times)

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
Iran has finally gone too far
« on: April 07, 2007, 03:31:12 AM »
When they called us "the Great Satan" - the kind of rhetoric historically used to justify extermination - we shrugged it off. We felt secure in our ability to defend ourselves. And of course the world needs what we have.

But when they invaded and occupied Canada, jailing and torturing any innocent they could be convinced to feel paranoid about, it was harder to remain sanguine. This belligerent adversary with their troops and missiles building miltary bases in the country right next door? Still, we chose to watch and wait.

But then they invaded and occupied Mexico, sending in just about every soldier they had left. Now the savages were on either side of us! They set up a puppet government and began building themselves a palatial embassy. Sat back and let the natives butcher each other over old grievances while focusing on making their obscenely rich ruling class even richer by siphoning off the country's resources. And even as they carried on with this despicable agenda, they touted their righteousness - boasting how they had saved the Mexican people from their corrupt leaders, smugly confident that Allah had uniquely blessed their great nation.

And the provocations only got worse. They arrested US government representatives in the conquered countries, based on unproven charges that they were helping the locals resist the occupying Iranian forces. They stationed the most powerful ships in their Navy in the Caribbean, issuing credible threats to bomb our nuclear plants if we didn't shut them down - in spite of our having every legal right to have them, not to mention the devastating civilian casualties such a barbaric campaign would inflict.

And all this after they had overthrown Eisenhower in the 50s when he wouldn't let them exploit America's agricultural wealth, so they could install the cooperative Joe McCarthy in the White House - who then used the FBI to jail and torture political dissenters! And after they had sold chemical weapons to the Soviets to be used against us in the decade-long war that claimed millions of American lives!

And after all this, we're supposed to accept the world's condemnation for detaining 15 Syrian spies we captured  in Chesapeake Bay conducting reconnaissance for their Iranian buddies?

-----

In case you haven't gotten it yet...

Iran = America
America = Iran
Canada = Afghanistan
Mexico = Iraq in the 2000s
"The Great Satan" = "Axis of Evil"
Allah = Jesus
Caribbean = Persian Gulf
Eisenhower = Mohammed Mosadegh
Joe McCarthy = The Shah
FBI = SAVAK
Agriculture = Oil
The Soviet Union = Iraq in the 1980s
Syrians = Britons

analogy courtesy of Dr. Noam Chomsky

sandycoosworth

Re: Iran has finally gone too far
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 06:04:22 AM »

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 06:45:10 AM »
RIBO...just move and all ur problems would be solved..they will welcome u with open arms in any of those countries u defend.....oh wait..nope u'd end up in a ditch.
L

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 07:31:24 AM »
RIBO...just move and all ur problems would be solved..they will welcome u with open arms in any of those countries u defend.

Please eat a dick.  :)

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007, 07:54:25 AM »
Please eat a dick.  :)

Why don't you substantiate your claims and make an example to us all by actually moving to Saudi Arabia/Iran?

You should do a home video type thing, I for one would be convinced then.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2007, 07:58:45 AM »
I'm waitinf for someone to say "No, you're wrong Ribo, things didn't happen that way and we didn't do anything of the like".

Instead, 2 of you so far have simply said "Yeah, so what, if you don't like it, leave".

Interesting.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2007, 07:59:19 AM »
Why don't you substantiate your claims and make an example to us all by actually moving to Saudi Arabia/Iran?

Please refer to my last post in this thread.  :)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2007, 08:30:49 AM »
Ok for my good friend 240 :P..no ribo we didn't do anything wrong..the invasion and occupation was in the stategic best interest of America..further...Keepi ng an off balance and non-nuclear Iran is also in the best interest of the region specifically Iran's oil producing neighbors and our ally Israel. I honestly don't care what lengths we have to go to to make sure that we area viable economic and military power..thus ensuring peace and the continued great standard of living for folks like 240 and his family.........everybody happy.  ;D
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2007, 08:39:06 AM »
Ok for my good friend 240 :P..no ribo we didn't do anything wrong..the invasion and occupation was in the stategic best interest of America..further...Keepi ng an off balance and non-nuclear Iran is also in the best interest of the region specifically Iran's oil producing neighbors and our ally Israel. I honestly don't care what lengths we have to go to to make sure that we area viable economic and military power..thus ensuring peace and the continued great standard of living for folks like 240 and his family.........everybody happy.  ;D

We have honesty on this thread.

Ribo doesn't like the idea that his country does some shady shit and is hypocritical in our criticism of others.

HH6 doesn't care what his nation does, no matter how shady, as long as its in the good of the nation, keeps us stronger, etc.  F**k the world.

Totally different ideologies.  Ethically, I agree with Ribo.  In the real world, I agree with HH6, minus the corruption (haliburton fraud, etc).

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2007, 09:59:10 AM »
Nobody is happy with haliburton but much like our foreign policy.....its nothing new. Its been happining for hundreds of years..British East India company ...all the way to Haliburton/KBR. You guys all cry its not fait and its not right but nobody will ever stop doing business like this..nobody. War fuels business and vice versa....
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2007, 10:02:38 AM »
Nobody is happy with haliburton but much like our foreign policy.....its nothing new. Its been happining for hundreds of years..British East India company ...all the way to Haliburton/KBR. You guys all cry its not fait and its not right but nobody will ever stop doing business like this..nobody. War fuels business and vice versa....

Actually, it CAN change.

if every single American listened to Eisenhower's warning about the mil. ind. complex, it could cease to be.

JFK listened, and tried to disassemble it.  Vowed to disband the CIA.  Shortly thereafter, his security detail stood down and his driver froze up while a flurry of bullets ended that thought.

But you don't have to accept inherent corruption, hh6.  Yes, there is a huge corp. system in place.  But its influence CAN be minimized.  If you got an Alex Jones in office (hear me out! lol) and he sat in a bulletproof safe room and just made changes across the board to systematically end corruption and fraud, and make the system more efficient and fair, there COULD be change.

I doubt it'll ever happen.  but it could. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2007, 10:03:06 AM »
We have honesty on this thread.

Ribo doesn't like the idea that his country does some shady shit and is hypocritical in our criticism of others.

HH6 doesn't care what his nation does, no matter how shady, as long as its in the good of the nation, keeps us stronger, etc.  F**k the world.

Totally different ideologies.  Ethically, I agree with Ribo.  In the real world, I agree with HH6, minus the corruption (haliburton fraud, etc).

I understand ethics but nobody cares..except the libs...lipservice only.  ::)
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2007, 10:04:47 AM »
Within 5-10 years private companies will be conducting offensive military operations in Africa to secure oil and natural resources for other private corporations......the influence of private massive corporations will grow not lessen. 
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2007, 10:09:05 AM »
I understand ethics but nobody cares..except the libs...lipservice only.  ::)

You don't care about ethics but you plan to go to heaven?  I guess I missed that one in catholic school...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2007, 10:13:31 AM »
Within 5-10 years private companies will be conducting offensive military operations in Africa to secure oil and natural resources for other private corporations......the influence of private massive corporations will grow not lessen. 

At the same time, the influence of information sharing on the interenet will grow.

If the web had been around in 1963, i have a feeling it wouldn't have taken Congress 15 years to admit there was a conspiracy (as they did in 1978). 

We're not even 6 years since 9/11, and the majority of the world, and nearly the majority of Americans, know that something stinks about the story we were given.  And those *possibly* involved in this smelly story are still in power.  You watch what happens in the coming 3-4 years once the Bush blinders are retired.

My point, of course, is that the ability to conduct outright corp mgmt of states will be kept in check by watchdog folks with windows movie maker and too much time on their hands.  (If you don't think the tens of millions of people who watched loose change influenced the 2006 midterm elections in any way, you're crazy).

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2007, 10:13:52 AM »
Look its the reality of the real world....nobody cares..everybody..read that countries or corporations look only at their bottome line..money...security whatever..I'm not saying anything u don;'t know..its the reality on the world stage. I have my own code of ethics which I'm sure is not much different then your but I also except that in the big boy world..nobody gives a shit.
L

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2007, 10:14:59 AM »
we didn't do anything wrong..the invasion and occupation was in the stategic best interest of America

And the street thug who carjacked you at gun point considered that to be in his best interest.

Will that persuade you to shrug off your loss?

Or are you going to see if some of your friends are willing to join you in going into his neighborhood to kick the shit out of him?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2007, 10:17:25 AM »
And the street thug who carjacked you at gun point considered that to be in his best interest.
Or are you going to see if some of your friends are willing to join you in going into his neighborhood to kick the shit out of him?

The world will eventually gang up and kick the shit out of us, I have no doubt about that.

We will use the "might is right" thing for the next few decades, as they consolidate power, educate their populations on our actions, and position themselves.  I just hope that I'm long gone before they decide to pull the plug on our bullying.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2007, 10:20:31 AM »
At the same time, the influence of information sharing on the interenet will grow.

If the web had been around in 1963, i have a feeling it wouldn't have taken Congress 15 years to admit there was a conspiracy (as they did in 1978). 

We're not even 6 years since 9/11, and the majority of the world, and nearly the majority of Americans, know that something stinks about the story we were given.  And those *possibly* involved in this smelly story are still in power.  You watch what happens in the coming 3-4 years once the Bush blinders are retired.

My point, of course, is that the ability to conduct outright corp mgmt of states will be kept in check by watchdog folks with windows movie maker and too much time on their hands.  (If you don't think the tens of millions of people who watched loose change influenced the 2006 midterm elections in any way, you're crazy).

You...(normal folks) live in a world that is full of safe and right and wrong. The folks who control things don't live in that world. They see a threat and work to stop it. They look at bottom lines. Money runs things....Our average lives mean nothing to these people. They believe themselves Patriots non the less.  240 unlike Iraq which i liken to Vietnam..Afghanistan is like Cambodia..the wild west anything goes...we operate there like we did in central and south America from the 1950's on. Shady shit on a regular basis..these idiots on the net can't begin to imagine the things we do and have done ion the last 6 years. Our intel service as well as everybody elses are running wild.....everybody pays lip service to pulling out or staying away from Bush's war but eveybody has SOF teams there..everybody..foilks who aren't on any coalition of the willing list.

L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2007, 10:22:20 AM »

I don't have to worry..I concealed carry a Kimber Arms .45....he'd be looking through a hole in his head. 
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2007, 10:24:35 AM »
The world will eventually gang up and kick the shit out of us, I have no doubt about that.

We will use the "might is right" thing for the next few decades, as they consolidate power, educate their populations on our actions, and position themselves.  I just hope that I'm long gone before they decide to pull the plug on our bullying.

Take this for waht its worth........the rest of the world lives in fear of the US. They are like children militarily..further... we are an economic/military power unlike anything the world has ever seen..China has decided that its in their economic best interest to trade as have all the other counties that matter. We are too entretwined to have a global war such as u mention.
L

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2007, 10:25:46 AM »
I don't have to worry..I concealed carry a Kimber Arms .45....he'd be looking through a hole in his head. 

And the sad things is: he still won't get it.  :(

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2007, 10:31:40 AM »
I got it dude...shitbag terorists attacked our country..they must die....therefore we invaded who we needed to to ensure economic freedom..the secure production of natural resources we need to ensure said economic freedom and the heads of those we deem will presenta threat to this country...I don;t live in a fucking global village. I have lost count of the third world shitholes I have flown through...landed and walked over...I don't wanna live there and I'm not there to help..I'm there to help my countrymen live a better life..period.....sometim es that means helping folks who i don't like..sometimes that means shooting them..whatever..your world view is naive.
L

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2007, 10:35:09 AM »
I'm waitinf for someone to say "No, you're wrong Ribo, things didn't happen that way and we didn't do anything of the like".

Instead, 2 of you so far have simply said "Yeah, so what, if you don't like it, leave".

Interesting.

What the "great" Chomsky is attempting is argument by analogy. For a supposed genius, it's a very weak style because the analogies are almost always inappropriate.

To compare Canada, a country friendly to us, to Afghanistan, a country that had a government that was in cahoots with Al Qaeda is absurd and doesn't merit discussion.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2007, 10:38:59 AM »
I didn't respond to the Chomsky bit because the guy hates the US.....the titles of his books alone explain it all.
L