Author Topic: 30 mile bike ride  (Read 2004 times)

BigAlski

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
30 mile bike ride
« on: April 08, 2007, 06:57:30 PM »
Well I haven't been on my bike for 2.5 years so I got it shipped out here to Wisconsin and tuned up.  Its a large frame, Trek 6700 hard tail with some good tires, etc.  Needless to say I felt like a challenge and cranked out 30 hilly miles.  This area of Wisconsin is where the last glacier split (called "driftless region") so its all hills, valleys, and "dales".  When I got off it my legs felt like they wanted to spasm and cramp so I had to kind of do some knee bends and such to keep this off.

I think Mountain Biking or road biking is a great complement to bulking though, keeps the heart and lungs working moderately and your legs can grind at whatever pace the muscle tissue can handle.

Any thoughts on biking?

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: 30 mile bike ride
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 06:59:47 PM »
Excellent; i wouldn't rely on it as the primary means of conditioning but it's great mentally and physically.

An exception re: stationary bike would be Spinning.

mdgkmg

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 08:08:20 PM »
yea man i wouln't rely on it for cardio and such. well not 30 miles of it anyhow. but as an occasional shocker oh yea baby. i'm thinkin this summer 30 miles hit the beach do that 2-4 times a month oh yea. lol.

BigAlski

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 04:25:20 AM »
Yes that's how I plan on using it.  Thnx for the input Pumpster.  My training partner is a Sargeant with the State Patrol and we plan on doing some intense riding 1 or 2 days a week, like on Sunday morning, just something overboard and at the same time entertaining.

dontknowit

• Getbig III
  • Masino's clit is kidnapped
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 04:20:23 AM »
Dont rush yourself into it. Start out with a couple of miles.

ShadowSword25

• Getbig I
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 05:21:04 AM »
Well I haven't been on my bike for 2.5 years so I got it shipped out here to Wisconsin and tuned up.  Its a large frame, Trek 6700 hard tail with some good tires, etc.  Needless to say I felt like a challenge and cranked out 30 hilly miles.  This area of Wisconsin is where the last glacier split (called "driftless region") so its all hills, valleys, and "dales".  When I got off it my legs felt like they wanted to spasm and cramp so I had to kind of do some knee bends and such to keep this off.

I think Mountain Biking or road biking is a great complement to bulking though, keeps the heart and lungs working moderately and your legs can grind at whatever pace the muscle tissue can handle.

Any thoughts on biking?

I think biking is not only a great form of excercise, but if you're like me, you enjoy having someone along to make it a good recreational activity as well. I used to ride for a couple hours, maybe do around forty miles every Sunday after running a five k race on Saturdays. That was back when I was in ship shape. Nothing wrong with biking, it's a great hobby. It helps build strong calves and quads, but it is more of a shocker in my opinion than a base form of excercise for your legs, mainly because it builds serious strength the harder you go, but then levels off like everything else. But since you have lots of hills, that sounds like it could be different, and sounds a heck of alot like a second full time job, but one you're enthusiastic about and if you enjoy it, good on ya!
Get BIG, or get BENT

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007, 10:19:15 AM »
we plan on doing some intense riding 1 or 2 days a week, like on Sunday morning, just something overboard and at the same time entertaining.

The weather around here SUX for bike riding right now, but 30 miles would def be a good workout - LOTS of hills ~ although that does mean a lot of coasting time... ;)

Let me know what area you're in; I might be able to give you some good trail/route ideas.
:

BigAlski

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2007, 04:34:51 PM »
Hi Princess.  Well I am in Viroqua if you know the coulee area.  I would love some route pointers.  Funny thing is I grew up in this little town but was gone 18 years.  Its like a time warp, my old schoolyard pals are now married or owning businesses.  Hehe.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2007, 09:59:49 PM »
Hi Princess.  Well I am in Viroqua if you know the coulee area. 

awww, sorry  :-\ I'm not at all familiar with that part of the state, although I've been on the Elroy-Sparta which was nice.  Not sure if that's anywhere nearby.  This has some decent info. http://www.ridemidwest.com/wisconsin.html
:

BigAlski

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2007, 01:27:30 PM »
Well I just did the same ride again but backwards after 1hr40min of chest workout.  Burned me good but I think it's good conditioning.  I will do the same run after back tommorow and ssee where it puts my energy level monday.