Author Topic: Green Tea Drink Mix  (Read 4383 times)

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
Re: Green Tea Drink Mix
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2007, 08:51:19 AM »
Thanks, usmokepole!  I've been drinking a lot of green tea for the health benefits, but I didn't know about the health benefits of white tea.  I also like Mendosa.com.  I've learned a lot from reading the information on that web site. 

I also get his diabetes newsletter.  I am not diabetic, but a lot of the nutrition stuff that helps diabetics can also help bodybuilders.

Hi, Loco.  I've been drinking Lipton White Tea to Go (Raspberry flavor).  The label indicates "80mg protective flavinoid antioxidents per serving- 2 servings per package).  Pretty decent taste.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2007, 09:12:46 AM »
Hi, Loco.  I've been drinking Lipton White Tea to Go (Raspberry flavor).  The label indicates "80mg protective flavinoid antioxidents per serving- w servings per package).  Pretty decent taste.

Hey, MiniteRambo!  That's good to know.  I've seen it at the grocery store before.  I'm going to buy some on my next trip there.  Thanks very much!

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2007, 03:08:25 PM »
Hey, MiniteRambo!  That's good to know.  I've seen it at the grocery store before.  I'm going to buy some on my next trip there.  Thanks very much!

loco if you could get water decaffinated white tea. the reason most people drink this shit if for the ECGC, polyphenols etc which have numerous effects including cardiovascular, anti-cancer etc... however another reason is for the unique amino acid called l-theanine. anyway, the amino has anxiolytic properties through the mechanism of increasing alpha wave activity in the brain. basically when your brain is in the state its alert and relaxed, similar to what meditation produces. however, the amino may have some GABAergic effects which are responsible for the anxiolytic property.

but regardless, caffeine blunts the effects of well being this tea can produce, and water decaffination maintains all of it. l-theanine also have immunomodualatory effects.

so i would opt for real shit, not a mix, as flavanoids is a broad term that can mean anything from ecgc to rutin, so unless its defined i wouldnt make it my sole source.