Author Topic: upright rows with E-Z or olympic bar?  (Read 2678 times)

dave-boy

• Getbig I
upright rows with E-Z or olympic bar?
« on: April 09, 2007, 12:40:02 PM »
i just searched to see if anyone else had posted about this but cannot find anything so i'l post.

which is better to use, the E-Z curl barbell or the olympic barbell for doing upright rows? at the moment i am using the olympic barbell but the E-Z bar was easier to use but if the olympic barbell is better i will continue to use it.

thanks

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: upright rows with E-Z or olympic bar?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 12:51:59 PM »
Go with the one that you feel more in the traps, if they're the same go with the more comfortable grip, the E-Z bar.

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 01:52:20 PM »
i just searched to see if anyone else had posted about this but cannot find anything so i'l post.

which is better to use, the E-Z curl barbell or the olympic barbell for doing upright rows? at the moment i am using the olympic barbell but the E-Z bar was easier to use but if the olympic barbell is better i will continue to use it.

thanks

My elbows hit the plates on the EZ bar, I usually have to load up a bunch of 10's. 

EZ bar is smaller so it's less balance to worry about, go for it if your goal is strict isolation.

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 02:38:06 PM »

thanks
IMO a very wasted movement will hit some traps and front delts...do front raises and shruggs.... 
p

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 06:26:52 PM »
I'm like the only one that does the  45lb bar. I like to change up my grjip on the upright rows to hit different parts of the shoulders/traps..

AVBG

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2007, 07:15:21 PM »
EZ bar is less strain on the wrists.

dave-boy

• Getbig I
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2007, 02:26:11 PM »
the E-Z barbell is easier on the wrists and the olympic bar i think might just be to big for my size. my elbows also hit the plates on the EZ bar though. it can be awkward at times. but is there any actual diference in the bars for the exercise or is the diference diferent in each person?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2007, 02:42:43 PM »
Just a variation............... alternate the two exercises from one workout to the next.