Author Topic: my squat form...  (Read 1521 times)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
my squat form...
« on: April 13, 2007, 06:38:32 AM »
looks EXACTLY like hers! but since I know my video won't look anything as sweet as this one, I'll ask you guys what you think of her form. Looks like a mirror image of mine minus the amazing body. Good lift? Or could be better?  ??? 

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: my squat form...
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 09:06:37 AM »
What are we supposed to be looking at?
:

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 09:07:37 AM »
MY BAD! let me get a video link...i apologize. It was early in the AM when I posted this. I hadn't had tea yet.

&mode=related&search=

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2007, 12:47:15 PM »
You need to go deeper. Go well below parallell.

Also, hold your hands closer, but with the thumbs over the BB, it will release some tension on the elbow.

The closer grip will make it easier to stay hard and erect.

Here's perfect technique:

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2007, 08:22:55 PM »
I found a coach and dropped the weight until I get adjusted out to it. I can't stand bad form or half ass anything in the gym on my part. Other people will do what they like no matter what you tell them. If I'm going to squat, I'm going to do it the right way. I came down 100lbs on my squat to get a few more inches deeper.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2007, 08:29:32 PM »
&mode=related&search=

WTF IS THIS!??!  ??? ???

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2007, 09:27:12 PM »
You need to go deeper. Go well below parallell.

Also, hold your hands closer, but with the thumbs over the BB, it will release some tension on the elbow.

The closer grip will make it easier to stay hard and erect.

Here's perfect technique:

-Hedge
do you really think the regular sqyat is perfect? Looks like he's just droppong down and using the bounce to get up. Looks bad to me.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2007, 03:52:33 AM »
do you really think the regular sqyat is perfect? Looks like he's just droppong down and using the bounce to get up. Looks bad to me.

Two things:

No need to use that speed, although if you want to lift maximum weight, I definitely recommend it, but start off with ligther loads, learning to control the weight.

He doesn't bounce the weight off his knees, a la Kollecki (C&J by Kollecki here:
).

He is very fast in his decent, but manages to brake just before the turn, perfect execution.

For bodybuilding purposes, it's definitely ok to use a more moderate pace, but what Hidalberto Aranda does so good, is that he's staying perfectly erect, and going really deep.

Also, he's tensing his body.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2007, 09:49:58 AM »
The lady in the first video is leaning too far forward, putting more unneeded stress on the lower back. Shoulder girdle/traps should be back more and chest a little higher, from what I can judge from just that side rear shot (speaking of rears.. my oh my). As HedgeHog suggest, not going nearly deep enought.  She just does not seem set up correctly for good squating. The groove is not there.

TWT has the right idea of dropping 100lbs, along with his ego, when learning to do a correct style squat. Good Luck.
F

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2007, 10:09:09 AM »
The lady in the first video is leaning too far forward, putting more unneeded stress on the lower back. Shoulder girdle/traps should be back more and chest a little higher, from what I can judge from just that side rear shot (speaking of rears.. my oh my). As HedgeHog suggest, not going nearly deep enought.  She just does not seem set up correctly for good squating. The groove is not there.

TWT has the right idea of dropping 100lbs, along with his ego, when learning to do a correct style squat. Good Luck.

Stopping at parellel actually takes more effort than going to the bottom and tap'n my calves and driving back up. Weird huh?

Farkenell

• Getbig III
  • Life Is Pain, Pain Is Everything
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2007, 12:44:33 PM »
Stopping at parellel actually takes more effort than going to the bottom and tap'n my calves and driving back up. Weird huh?

I recommend fronts squats over back squats.

They're harder but you'll work you actual legs harder and reduce the risk of injuring yourself.
So many people cheat themselves of a good leg workout by doing "good morning style" back squats.

BigAlski

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2007, 04:28:49 AM »

Yes and her feet seem to close together, maybe 4 inches per foot.  She also has a super ass and may be focusing on that, hehe.