Author Topic: 150 Regent grads in the Bush administration?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!  (Read 18057 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
I never said I was ok with it, I am just trying to find more info about it. And tell me that a Dem won;t try to place Lib lawyers? Again I am neither ok or not ok at this point. Just want to know more. Like I said, If these 150 people make up like 5%, no big deal. If they are 15-20%, then wait a minute. The constitution never said you can't mix church and state, it just said the government can't dictate which religion one will follow.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I don't know of any laws that have been made establishing religion. I have seen a lot of attempt to prohibit the free exercise though, like making prayer illegal in schools

Individuals can still pray in school, ...it is the school that is not allowed to lead them in that prayer.

I don't know about you, ...but I wouldn't want to have to be forced to pray to Allah 5 x's a day.

You uphold an individual's right to not have to be forced to adopt the faith of another,
...so that YOU yourself will not be forced to adopt the faith of others.
w

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
Individuals can still pray in school, ...it is the school that is not allowed to lead them in that prayer.

I don't know about you, ...but I wouldn't want to have to be forced to pray to Allah 5 x's a day.

You uphold an individual's right to not have to be forced to adopt the faith of another,
...so that YOU yourself will not be forced to adopt the faith of others.

Ok maybe I have mis understood, I thought that kids weren't allowed to pray period...is it maybe different by state?
gotta love life

24KT

• Getbig V
Ok maybe I have mis understood, I thought that kids weren't allowed to pray period...is it maybe different by state?

When I was a kid, we had "The Lord's Prayer" in school. Everyday we had to start the day with it.

I can see where in public education that can be considered a mixture of church & state.

In addition, I can also understand why those of a different faith should NOT be made to do so by the state.

When I was 13, I spent a month in Connecticut with my Aunt and her minister husband. It was fun ...NOT!

Every single frikkin day we had to attend Vacation Bible school. <spit> And we were not allowed to wear pants, ...at all let alone jeans (or dungarees as my aunt called them). Anyway, vacation bible school always opened with the "Pledge of Allegiance". In their ignorance, they were flaggergasted that two little school kids from Canada didn't know "The Pledge of Allegiance" by heart, ...and were equally dismayed at our refusal to place our hands over our hearts and recite it. I swear if I didn't think it would have given the women a heart attack on the spot, I might have told her to Go F herself. She came close enough to the heart attck tho. When we went up to NYC to visit other relatives, we went shopping. I can't tell you how many pairs of jeans me & my sister bought.  ;D
w

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
When I was a kid, we had "The Lord's Prayer" in school. Everyday we had to start the day with it.

I can see where in public education that can be considered a mixture of church & state.

In addition, I can also understand why those of a different faith should NOT be made to do so by the state.

When I was 13, I spent a month in Connecticut with my Aunt and her minister husband. It was fun ...NOT!

Every single frikkin day we had to attend Vacation Bible school. <spit> And we were not allowed to wear pants, ...at all let alone jeans (or dungarees as my aunt called them). Anyway, vacation bible school always opened with the "Pledge of Allegiance". In their ignorance, they were flaggergasted that two little school kids from Canada didn't know "The Pledge of Allegiance" by heart, ...and were equally dismayed at our refusal to place our hands over our hearts and recite it. I swear if I didn't think it would have given the women a heart attack on the spot, I might have told her to Go F herself. She came close enough to the heart attck tho. When we went up to NYC to visit other relatives, we went shopping. I can't tell you how many pairs of jeans me & my sister bought.  ;D

I agree that prayer shouldn't be mandatory, I just don't want my kid sent home for doing it on his own
gotta love life

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
So I looked at the top 21 USA today ranked law schools. All but 4 (Duke, UCLA, USCG, Chicago) were started in the 1800s, of the 4 that were started after 1900, UCLA is the oldest at 1949. Of the 21 schools only 6 had higher LSAT requirements for Admission (North Western, Columbia, NYU, Stanford, Harvard and Yale). From the numbers I would have to think age of school plays a big role in ratings. Regent only has 20 years under it's belt. So why is it you think it is such a bad school?

Good work MM.  Nice to have the facts.  I would also imagine that if you went back 30 or 40 years (or however long US News has been doing their rankings) you'd find the same cast of characters in Tier 1.  I doubt they change much. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
mm69,

The beef here - and as an independent I think you would be upset too - is that the party in power is bringing in barely qualified people because of their religious beliefs and skill in changing the law to reflect their own religious belief.

It's mixing church and state. 

LOL. . . . .

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111

Actually, saying a prayer is not Church infringing on the State but I will not touch this one too much.  It's funny though how the church and state separation is in place yet schools give off for religious holidays.  Seems wierd to me.
Squishy face retard

24KT

• Getbig V
Actually, saying a prayer is not Church infringing on the State but I will not touch this one too much.  It's funny though how the church and state separation is in place yet schools give off for religious holidays.  Seems wierd to me.

It's simply a matter of practicality. What are you going to accomplish if many of the students or teachers do not show up.
w

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
I am sure they want to be higher and I bet someday they will be. You don't think that having 17 of the top 21 schools being founded in the 1800s shows how age plays a role? But what do you have that shows that Regent is a bad school? And also, their admission requirements were higher than 15 of the top 21 schools..

This is getting ridiculous. If you don't want to give credence to the rankings US News and World Report assigns then don't but don't expect everyone to follow suit.

Take a look at what criteria they use to come up with the rankings and then comment on it, to blindly say the age of Regent is the reason is fishing.

The fact remains US News & World Report thinks the quality of education Regent provides is Tier 4. The only reason you even care is because so many of them work for Bush, if they didn't you wouldn't be saying a thing about Regent.

BTW, you failed to comment on the fact that at least one of the Regent graduates hired by this administration had ZERO other job offers and that's by his own admission.

This little diversion by you is why I call you a neotaint. Blind and ridiculous defense of the indefensible. Why not just admit they could have hired applicants from better schools and let that be the end of it?  ::)

Cap

• Getbig V
It's simply a matter of practicality. What are you going to accomplish if many of the students or teachers do not show up.
Well if 70% of students in the US are Christian, it's practical to say a prayer.  Majority rules.  BTW, I don't care one way or another as long as the pledge stays intact.
Squishy face retard

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
whatever who cares...dodgers kicked ass last night...politics suck..spors rule...go dodgers...

Cap

• Getbig V
whatever who cares...dodgers kicked ass last night...politics suck..spors rule...go dodgers...
FCUK yea Malcolm.
Squishy face retard

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Well if 70% of students in the US are Christian, it's practical to say a prayer.  Majority rules.  BTW, I don't care one way or another as long as the pledge stays intact.

i agree 100%...