Author Topic: working out with your significant other?  (Read 5394 times)

sandycoosworth

working out with your significant other?
« on: April 15, 2007, 03:51:59 AM »
and no goatboy, i dont mean a towel boy you wanna suck

has anyone here worked out with their gf/bf/wife/hubby and do you suggest it?

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
Re: working out with your significant other?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 03:59:20 AM »
Yes, and I don't recommend it.  It starts out pretty good, as you are spending more time with her and she knows your not at the gym trying to score more ass.  Thats a good thing.  But you have to be able to suggest areas of improvement.  Most women (even as cool as you think she might be) can't stand it when you analyze them.  Prepare for everything you tell her to be taken out of context.  And heaven forbid you tell her one more, she'd going to say "why are you yelling at me?" 

My wife and I workout at the same gym....that's as far as it goes.

Overall not worth it, It's easier to get her a personal trainer. 
\

sandycoosworth

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 04:01:58 AM »
hmmm .... thats no good

finurface

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2007, 04:12:55 AM »
and no goatboy, i dont mean a towel boy you wanna suck

has anyone here worked out with their gf/bf/wife/hubby and do you suggest it?

at home, yeah.

in a gym: NO.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2007, 05:50:37 AM »
Yeah, it works on some days but not on others.  At home, I'll go thru a large chunk of leg day then have her join in for lunges, calf raises, and the ensuing cardio sprints.   On chest day, I'll spot her for her flyes and light presses in the AM, then get her to spot me on heavy benching late at night when I have more energy. 

TheAnimal

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2007, 05:51:31 AM »
240, You train more than once a day?

sandycoosworth

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2007, 05:52:17 AM »
Yeah, it works on some days but not on others.  At home, I'll go thru a large chunk of leg day then have her join in for lunges, calf raises, and the ensuing cardio sprints.   On chest day, I'll spot her for her flyes and light presses in the AM, then get her to spot me on heavy benching late at night when I have more energy. 

rob doesnt even let his wife see the 400lb squats :D

mdgkmg

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2007, 06:51:20 AM »
as a general idea at home(if you have ur own gym) yes. in a public gym no. but trying to tell her what she's doing wrong and how she needs to do it. lets face it not gonna work. its like a buddy of mine who  rides horses was in the rodeo for many years in his younger days and is now a mechanic and married. his wife doesn't know how to ride a horse but wants to learn. he knows if he try's to teach her its gonna turn out "well why does it have to be this way" or "why can't it be  done like that? a woman is more bound to question her husband that she is any body else who is trying to teach her something.  much as you might love your wife trying to teach her weightlifting ain't gonna work.

sandycoosworth

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2007, 07:00:21 AM »
basically what im heaing is (ones) woman makes a bad student/wanting to "test"... in that regard im not too worried cause i taught my girl some sub wrestling and she was an apt pupil

i was more concerned about other things that i may not be considering that could effect the relationship or (heaven forbid) my gym? .... i have always thought of my gym as a sanctuary from women, a place where i go out of my way not to befriend any of the girls less that sanctuary be desecrated ...  but she needs to start exercisisng soon and i would feel like a dick if i told her to take the bus and train somewhere else when i could easily take her with me

mdgkmg

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2007, 07:03:32 AM »
basically what im heaing is (ones) woman makes a bad student/wanting to "test"... in that regard im not too worried cause i taught my girl some sub wrestling and she was an apt pupil

i was more concerned about other things that i may not be considering that could effect the relationship or (heaven forbid) my gym? .... i have always thought of my gym as a sanctuary from women, a place where i go out of my way not to befriend any of the girls less that sanctuary be desecrated ...  but she needs to start exercisisng soon and i would feel like a dick if i told her to take the bus and train somewhere else when i could easily take her with me

well definatly take her with you. and if she learns well coming from you then teach her. a lot of women tho are more apt to argue with their husband rather than a personal trainer. its just the way women are. gotta love em tho. but yea definetly take her with ya, teach her. hope all goes well.

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2007, 07:17:54 AM »
no.

show her couple of basic compound exercises and go your own way.  a girlfriend/boyfriend combo in the gym makes me puke.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2007, 07:22:53 AM »
240, You train more than once a day?

i have a big garage gym and a large yard now, so i will usually do sprints then kiddy pool time in the afternoon when it's sunny.   Then at night, 9 or 10, i'll do weights in the garage.

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2007, 07:42:06 AM »
having a significant other will mostlikly lead to disaster working out with her is a def road disaster

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2007, 07:55:50 AM »
having a significant other will mostlikly lead to disaster working out with her is a def road disaster

Agree bound to hurt some feelings in the gym, sig other needs your attention....when you need to be paying attention to the weights. Terrible idea.

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2007, 07:58:28 AM »
I couldnt werk out with my girlfriend coz the wife would get mad

badda bing

sandycoosworth

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2007, 08:09:41 AM »

how so?

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2007, 08:12:58 AM »
I work out alone.  We don't even train at the same gym.  There is such a thing as too much together-ness

sandycoosworth

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2007, 08:14:42 AM »
somehow i think this is the closest well get to a womans perspective on the topic :D

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2007, 08:17:06 AM »
I work out alone.  We don't even train at the same gym.  There is such a thing as too much together-ness

i agree with you bay

every once and then is cool but when i go to the gym its a good chance to catch up with mates as well

that and well...she should be at home getting my dinner together for when im done

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2007, 08:23:28 AM »
I did when I lived with someone. She talked me into joining bally's, yes I belong, but I don't train there anymore, although there is some nice pieces of ass, so I may pay it a visit. Anyway, she trained with me for 3 months. I workout at 6:30 a.m., non-negotiable, or so I told her. It turned into fkn 7:30 after two days, lazy bitch. It was a new gym to me so I didn't run into any regular bitches to piss her off, which would happen at my gym and I really didn't care about dudes chatting her up a bit when I walked away, cuz I am like realy fkn good looking and that shit doesn't bother me. :D But I could see that being a problem for some peeps, who knows. So after 3 months of lackluster training, I looked exactly the same, which was fine, and she lost about 15 pounds and looked good for 3 months till she got pasty and chubby(135 pounds at 5'7" is chubby to me) again. So, unless she is as dedicated as you, then I fail to see the point. Send the bitch to Curves, or better yet to the grocery store and the mall :)
E

the bronze

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2007, 08:58:05 AM »
I'm a personal trainer, and I still dont workout with my wife.  For all the reasons listed above.  Just doesnt work.  In the gym, she really listens better to the trainer we hired for her instead and leaves me alone so I can get my workout done. 
About 4 years ago, before I had learned better, I swore she was spotting me so I went past failure.  Turned out she had gone to the drinking fountain and had no idea why I was frowning when she got back. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2007, 09:00:15 AM »
the one good thing about training at home and having her involved somewhat is that I can get a spotter at 11:30 PM if I want.  Used to be I'd have to drive to the gym at noon, it was hard to grab someone to spot, etc.  Now I can go to failure anytime.

sandycoosworth

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2007, 09:00:52 AM »
r u guys patient when youre training your women?

to teach anyone anything you need to be patient, but especially with women because they get their feelings hurt easy

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2007, 09:03:11 AM »
the one good thing about training at home and having her involved somewhat is that I can get a spotter at 11:30 PM if I want.  Used to be I'd have to drive to the gym at noon, it was hard to grab someone to spot, etc.  Now I can go to failure anytime.

my home gym consists of two cans of beans and an immitation indian rug

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2007, 09:41:19 AM »

judging by that pic of you and your band I am totally convinced that you don't work out
Here comes the money shot