Author Topic: working out with your significant other?  (Read 5391 times)

kh300

• Getbig V
Re: working out with your significant other?
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2007, 10:05:16 PM »
i go to the gym to get away from the girl.. my gym time is to forget about home and work, and just spend an hour or so just throwing weights around,collect my thoughts, relieve stress, and all that shit..i put the ipod on and dont talk to anybody, just quality time alone with kh300

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2007, 04:15:27 AM »
Here's another gals 2-cents  :)

Whomever said woman are sensitive is correct for the most part! I could push my clients and friends and my girlfriends could push me, but with Brian (he's 250 at 5'9") I was a sissy (5'2" and only 105 at the time) and thought he was being "mean"- I would cry if he even tried to push me. I didn't realize that in order to make gains, especially as a natural female- I had to train like a man!

See this is the inevitable situation and will probally lead to a week long fight with all kinds of crying, tension, anger and wasted energy.  Keep your business and personal life separate. 

Don't let your worlds collide.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2007, 04:35:47 AM »
my girl is nearly 5'8" around 130lbs..

her idea of going to the gym is getting ready 1 month or so (2 weeks) before we take a vacation..

she doesn't want to become "too bulky" even though I have explained to her why it would never be the case

like most women
-she doesn't understand the idea of working with anything over 5lbs dbs
-she thinks that doing abs will spot reduce the midsection
-the butt machine is the greatest invention
-that machine were you sit and squeeze the thighs is great also
-thinks that I am too big and "muscly" and that brad pitt is ideal
-anything more than pillates is too much

so we will never work out,  especially since I showed up in her pillates class and got a spot behind a hot chick..it was the only spot open  ;D
Here comes the money shot