Author Topic: Fact about American Pit Bull Terriers....  (Read 20526 times)

Jadethegladiator

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
Re: Fact about American Pit Bull Terriers....
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2007, 06:14:31 PM »
About time. :-*

Hummer's -they're so 2001.

-Hedge

HH,
Just so you know, when Hummer comes out with a diesel, I am so there.  The little 2 seater (VO6) that I got now just isn't getting it!  Think of dogs bro! ;D

dizzleman06

• Getbig III
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2007, 09:59:02 AM »
his name is Savage...

Ah, he is so cute!  he is gonna be a heart breaker!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2007, 10:34:38 AM »
99% of the time when i see a pit bull with a person..i'm thinking "self esteem issues"

its also usually with guys in huge SUVs..usually 2..each with a huge intimidating looking collar with chains and usually a lot of chains around the dogs neck..

its like the doggie equivalent of the guy at the petrol pump blaring his rap music for everyone to hear.."YEEASH..i'm hard and i reprezent >:("

::)
carpe` vaginum!

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2007, 10:39:19 AM »
HH,
Just so you know, when Hummer comes out with a diesel, I am so there.  The little 2 seater (VO6) that I got now just isn't getting it!  Think of dogs bro! ;D

You mean ZO6 right?

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2007, 10:40:36 AM »
99% of the time when i see a pit bull with a person..i'm thinking "self esteem issues"

its also usually with guys in huge SUVs..usually 2..each with a huge intimidating looking collar with chains and usually a lot of chains around the dogs neck..

its like the doggie equivalent of the guy at the petrol pump blaring his rap music for everyone to hear.."YEEASH..i'm hard and i reprezent >:("

::)

I'm sure people can say thing when they see me walking the Rottie

but...

it's funny how many people ask to pet him.  Yeah....he's just a big scary monster.

;D

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2007, 10:59:06 AM »
I'm sure people can say thing when they see me walking the Rottie

but...

it's funny how many people ask to pet him.  Yeah....he's just a big scary monster.

;D

the exception does not disprove the rule...

carpe` vaginum!

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2007, 11:29:38 AM »

the exception does not disprove the rule...

maybe thats just your rule

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2007, 12:01:58 PM »
maybe thats just your rule

i dont make em up as i go along mate..

i've been around really nice pits..even used to play fetch with a 4 by 4 with one...nice doggie..

HOWEVER (maybe its my area) the majority of pits in this area belong to the wrong type of crowd..

not the pits fault..but  THEY ARE a dominant breed...

PIT lovers are sorta like the NRA..."guns dont kill people"..yeeah but the gun sure helps aye...
carpe` vaginum!

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2007, 12:19:36 PM »

i've been around really nice pits..even used to play fetch with a 4 by 4 with one...nice doggie..

HOWEVER (maybe its my area) the majority of pits in this area belong to the wrong type of crowd..

PIT lovers are sorta like the NRA..."guns dont kill people"..yeeah but the gun sure helps aye...

Well, here in California...all the tough guys have cats

;)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2007, 12:35:35 PM »
Well, here in California...all the tough guys have cats

;)

i REALLY gotta visit the west coast one day..yall like have a different country there altogether..
carpe` vaginum!

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2007, 01:27:33 PM »
yeah...it's pretty different

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2007, 01:42:41 PM »

its true that pits are the favorite dog of these scumbag drug dealers, wanna be thugs, n dog fighters.

the problem is too many people dont realize what a great dog the "pitbull" is and blame the dog instead of placing blame where it belongs.

http://home.epix.net/~pkp/PitBullArticle.html

Alfons Estelt of the American Temperament Test Society, Inc., said, "The American Pit Bull Terriers participating in our temperament evaluation have shown a passing rate of 95%. The other 121 breeds of dogs in our tests showed the average passing rate of 77%. While the heredity factor is of measurable importance, these results show that a dog, even if used for dogfighting, is not pre-disposed as such, but is brought by his environment."

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2007, 05:20:09 PM »

the problem is too many people dont realize what a great dog the "pitbull" is and blame the dog instead of placing blame where it belongs.

i KNOW that...i know akitas that are nice as hell also..

and i know gun owners that are responsible...

but there r wayyyy too many idiots in society...there r more idiots than non idiots...

i guess i shouldn't talk..i'm a horse lover..and i've been around agressive horses (and a 1500lb animal can do a lot more damage than a dog can) but i still defend them...

i should just shut up
carpe` vaginum!

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2007, 05:45:44 PM »
i wasnt trying to say that you didnt know

just meant that there are many people out there, people in the media, other dog owners, ect, who dont know what the true pitbull is all about.

they have this misconcemption that pits are these vicious evil dogs who run around just waiting to attack someone.

they love to place blame on the dog and not the owner who made the dog that way.

these are the ignorant fools i was refering to.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2007, 05:51:19 PM »
look a gun safely handled is NOT a bad thing..but IT STILL IS A GUN AND IN THE WRONG HANDS...

take away the persons gun and give him a mango..and well..that person cant do shit..

in the same way..take away an assholes pit and give him lassie..and he cant do shit..

in the process many good people lose guns
in the process many good people lose pits

fair or not..i dont know..

ask the NRA.. :-\
carpe` vaginum!

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2007, 06:40:17 PM »
look a gun safely handled is NOT a bad thing..but IT STILL IS A GUN AND IN THE WRONG HANDS...

take away the persons gun and give him a mango..and well..that person cant do shit..

in the same way..take away an assholes pit and give him lassie..and he cant do shit..

in the process many good people lose guns
in the process many good people lose pits

fair or not..i dont know..

ask the NRA.. :-\
when your making this comparison why are you chosing to single out pitbulls?

if you take away their pitbull they can get a roti.

take away the roti, they can go get a german shepard.

take that away they get a doberman, chow, akita, ect, ect, ect.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #66 on: May 21, 2007, 07:25:12 PM »
when your making this comparison why are you chosing to single out pitbulls?

if you take away their pitbull they can get a roti.

take away the roti, they can go get a german shepard.

take that away they get a doberman, chow, akita, ect, ect, ect.

i hate to admit but i have known alsatians ...(german sheps in amreekan)

and in all honesty..you GOTTA PICK THE RIGHT ONE REGARDLESS OF OWNER...

i have known 2 purebreds...$2500 a piece...

1 that recently died (RIP) ws a ..well a sweetheart..

the 1 thats alive..he'll attack and kill anyone new he meets and HE'S BEEN SOCIALIZED.and the owners sent him to skool and so on and so forth...

i've known the dog for 6 yrs...and he's drawn blood on me 2ice in the past yr just trying to play bite my leg to tell me he's gotta go out to poop...

you CANT pet his head..he'll take your hand off..
if he comes lays on your feet DONT PET HIM..LET HIM LAY.or HE'LL TAKE OFF YOUR HAND
when i go into this house i gotta announce my presence to him or i'll have him go for my throat.
THEY HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING

now..can ya imagine this dog in the wrong hands..i smack max when i can...and HARD....and he listens to me(if i'm actually really pissed..otherwise..nope) BUT when i smack him he STILL tries to nip me..

i have a point here..

there r more rotties and pits and akitas that way than sheps...

actually there r more akitas that way than anytbing else but most people cant afford pure bred akitas ($ 4000 a piece)

akitas are wayyy more agressive than pits..but a pit rottie hybred is CHEAP for the dumb girls..

hope u willget what i'm trying 2 say
carpe` vaginum!

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2007, 11:54:04 PM »

I am going to respectfully disagree. You seem to know a lot about powerlifting. You are also a obvious fan of bodybuilding, or at least working out. A far better argument could be made that all the insecurities you listed would pertain to a person into bodybuilding and powerlifting. What exactly does lifting a large amount of weight prove? Does that give one a certain kind of image? Make one stronger to do more damage in a fight? Are you trying to boost your self image by power lifting and bodybuilding Hedge? You must be because most bb's and pl's are very insecure. Same as all pitbull owners, correct?

I think you fail to realize many people look at a pitbull or a Doberman the same way many people look at a golden retriever. Are Goldie owners trying to project an Image of beauty? Are they all insecure they do not have long golden hair? Many people like the way pitbulls or bully breeds look. Not because they are insecure, because they just like the way they look, thats all. Same reason some people like ketchup, and some people like mustard. Blond or Brunet? Pitbulls are very unique looking dogs, and IMO very handsome dogs. Are you saying Petey from little rascals was not one of the most beloved dogs in history? Spud McKenzie from the Bud commericals? (bull terrier) Far more people think my 90 lb American Bulldog is cute then scary. He has very unique markings and a ton of character. He is extremely loyal and very friendly. Although he is not a pitbull , he is a bully type breed. I bought him because to me he is the most handsome dog out there. I bought him for his loyalty, and his great personality. He is the perfect dog for a person who is into sports and likes to partake in athletic activities ( hiking, running and swimming). He offers my gf/home protection when I am not around, yet is gentle and loving with my 2 year old nephew. He has a huge heart, and is a great companion. I would not trade him for any other breed. I did not buy him to project a image. I can say with confidence most all the people I know who own ab's did not but them for "image". Having owned a 75 lb brindle pitbull, I can say the exact same things where true for him as my current pup. Pitbull's are extremely loyal and fun to interact with. They are courageous and funny as hell. They are not mean and no different then any other dog, if raised like any dominant type breed should be raised. Just because a segment of the people who get them have issues with insecurity or might want to project a "image" you do not ban an entire breed of dog.

Why do you have no beef with people owning 200 lb st Bernard's? Is it because they are cuddly? One of those could kill you much easier then a pitbull. Should humans who are athletically Superior to the average human be banned because they are stronger, and more agile then most the population? You have a beef with people with insecurities, not pitbulls. If they did not use pitbulls to project an image, they would use Doberman. If not Doberman's, how about 200 lb St Bernard's. If not dogs, how about the biggest guns ? No guns, how about huge knives? Ban knives, how about the biggest pipe bomb? You see where I'm going with this? It is the people, not the tools they use to project there insecurities. Unfortunately the ones who suffer are the pitbulls who are made out to look like monsters. Yes, there are crazy assed pitbulls. But that is not a common thing. There are crazy dogs of ALL breeds. There are no more crazy pitbulls out there ,then crazy labs and cocker spaniels. Just so happens the worlds most exploited dog these days is the APBT. You can thank the low life pit fighters, drug dealers, and scumbag element, that bring many of these dogs up to do exactly the things the breed gets the bad rap for. Get familiar with the Presa canario and Argentinian dogo. They are the next dogs you are going to see exploited. It will never end. They said ALL the same junk about Rottweilers/Doberman/GSd's in the past. Now it is pits. After pits it will be something else.

This is a very, very good post...

I dont' own a dog to "look pretty" or for a status symbol or anything like that.   I come from a farm background where a dog had a job and they did that job, be it herding cattle, guarding the livestock, or hunting.   I'll tell you why I own pits.....which are dogs that I don't hunt with and that I don't use to work livestock.....   I like the intensity.   My two females are in bed right now with my wife, cuddled up next to her with 110% intensity.  A pitbull does just about everything at 110+%.  This means they love you, they play with you, they live with you at 110%.   When I did farm calls, my male was always ready to get in the truck and go out and work cattle, be it midnight, 3 AM or 6 AM.  It didn't matter, he had a job to do and he was going to do it and he enjoyed doing it until the day he died from cancer.   I was pretty well known for the big black lab and the brindle pit in the vet truck driving around at all hours of the night making farm calls.   I've weight pulled with my female, I've also used her to pull trees, other brush, and the lawnmower out of my yard---why?  Because she was good at it and she did it with 110%.   

And I'll be the first to admit, I'm sure my 285lb ass looked funny as hell cruising in my old white bomb toyota corolla blasting Hank Williams Jr with two pits and a boxer hanging their heads out the window.... but darnit, thats my way.   ;D