Author Topic: Dennis Wolf  (Read 6443 times)

Buttsuck

• Getbig IV
Re: Dennis Wolf
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2007, 09:05:09 PM »
donrhummy - good points.

Why do people say that biceps that do not peak (like Sergio's compared to Arnold's) are genetically poor?  Personally I prefer the long football biceps look that Sergio and Kev have, over peaked biceps like Arnold's or Al Beckles'.
Because they have no shape. They just look like bricks. Peaked ones are pretty. Me and my friends refer to arms like sergios as "dookie arms" because they have no shape... they just hang there.

Buttsuck

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2007, 09:44:39 PM »
They are big and full as hell though.  :)  Other good examples would be the arms of Frank McGrath and Chris Cook.
Hahaha see now you see it. Those are excellent examples of dookie arms. There is nothing wrong with them... they just have no pop to them.

Buttsuck

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2007, 09:47:57 PM »
They may not be the most aesthetically pleasing arms around, but I kind of think the arms are one muscle group where size makes them look good.  I would prefer dookie arms.  Instead my arms insert far from the elbow AND have poor peak.  Worst of both worlds.
If you have a gap then they will peak.... You just have to pound them pretty hard.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2007, 02:36:06 AM »
Gunter looks awesome but I don't think he is 100% into his BBing career right now like he was back in 02. Wolf still has a while to go, anyone remember what Gunter looked like at his age.... Well he wasn't the same Gunter you see pictured here.

I

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2007, 03:54:49 AM »
Im a Gunter fan. His quads, biceps, traps, pecs, and overall mass are very impressive. Plus he gets ripped.

But I would rather look like Dennis Wolf as far as the physique is concerned. Thats just my opinion.

finurface

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2007, 04:31:59 AM »
def serious potential

just 27 amazing

wow..i thought he was 47  :o

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2007, 04:44:52 AM »
i think gunter only takes steroids, and no GH... thats why he doenst look so "enlarged" and keeps a "human" shape, with alk muscles clearely separated from the others.

That's why he and most other very popular (mainsteam appeal) BBers don't have big guts and such. They actually resemble a human being.
I

Tokyo Joe

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2007, 07:03:40 AM »
Donrhummy - I see your point, my bad. Point is he lacks outer development of the gastrocnemius muscle. Very difficult to develop if you're born without i.e Dexter, Johnny O. Secondly he has dookie arms and high lats that DO insert high.

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2007, 09:08:10 AM »
When Wolf thickens up his back he will be a top 3 competator for the Olympia...You cannot deny the shape of this guy...Wolf is the future of bodybuilding and I think he and Heath will battle for Mr. Olympia and the Arnold in another 2-3 years easily...
You Can't Do It!!!

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2007, 09:09:00 AM »
Donrhummy - I see your point, my bad. Point is he lacks outer development of the gastrocnemius muscle. Very difficult to develop if you're born without i.e Dexter, Johnny O. Secondly he has dookie arms and high lats that DO insert high.

I disagree about his arms. I think everyone's being thrown off by the fact that they're not quite as huge/developed as some other muscles. Can someone use photoshop to enlarge his biceps only (not the forearms or triceps)? You'll see that when they enlarge (and remember, whoever's doing it, that it would only enlarge upward, not sideways), they're actually of good shape.

Buttsuck

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2007, 09:11:04 AM »
i think gunter only takes steroids, and no GH... thats why he doenst look so "enlarged" and keeps a "human" shape, with alk muscles clearely separated from the others.
I've wondered this myself. My friend met Gunter once in the gym and said his hands were so big that he was holding a cell phone, a water bottle, and a protien bar in one hand and they looked tiny. He said his hands were huge and the guy was so wide he looked like some kind of cartoon. Either way he has no signs of distention.

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2007, 09:16:45 AM »
I've wondered this myself. My friend met Gunter once in the gym and said his hands were so big that he was holding a cell phone, a water bottle, and a protien bar in one hand and they looked tiny. He said his hands were huge and the guy was so wide he looked like some kind of cartoon. Either way he has no signs of distention.

I think Gunter is a great bodybuilder and when he comes in dry he looks outstanding, but I still put him in the same category as Cutler because he has a box-shaped body...
You Can't Do It!!!

Charlys69

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2007, 10:16:33 AM »
One thing many americans don`t know is that Dennis Wolf trains in the same gym where Schlierkamp starts
his Bodybuilding career. It`s called Sportstudio Maldener in Dortmund (Ruhrgebiet, center of germany).
Winfried Maldener is also a ifbb pro judge, and he helped Gunter 10 years ago as he helps Dennis today.

"The last rumor" which going around in the german BB-Forums is that Dennis Wolf will/can compete around
10 lbs heavier than in the Olympia 2006. If he really bring this package to the stage in NY he is a clear candidate for the Top 5 (= Olympia qualification 2007).
Last month dennis where a few weeks with Dennis James in Kuwait, where they trained together at the
oxygen gym.

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2007, 10:37:33 AM »
One thing many americans don`t know is that Dennis Wolf trains in the same gym where Schlierkamp starts
his Bodybuilding career. It`s called Sportstudio Maldener in Dortmund (Ruhrgebiet, center of germany).
Winfried Maldener is also a ifbb pro judge, and he helped Gunter 10 years ago as he helps Dennis today.

"The last rumor" which going around in the german BB-Forums is that Dennis Wolf will/can compete around
10 lbs heavier than in the Olympia 2006. If he really bring this package to the stage in NY he is a clear candidate for the Top 5 (= Olympia qualification 2007).
Last month dennis where a few weeks with Dennis James in Kuwait, where they trained together at the
oxygen gym.

If he comes in 10lbs heavier than he will be in the top 3; thats if the judging isn't screwed up giving washed up bodybuilders pitty placings.... :-\
You Can't Do It!!!

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2007, 11:50:10 AM »
If he comes in 10lbs heavier than he will be in the top 3; thats if the judging isn't screwed up giving washed up bodybuilders pitty placings.... :-\

Wolf should have no problem qualifying for the O. If he doesn't make it I will boycott the I.F.B.B.  ;D
I

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2007, 01:46:15 PM »
Here's a better example of what I'm talking about. Actually good shape:

And in terms of frame, even though he's taller than the other guys by a lot (he's only 5' 11" though), he doesn't have a thin-looking frame. And notice that his pecs/delts are basically the same as Badell's while Badell's waist is MUCh thicker, and Wolf's arms look thicker.

Buttsuck

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2007, 02:01:13 PM »
I heard wolf was 5'9.

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2007, 02:09:06 PM »
I heard wolf was 5'9.

In the differen videos and pictures he looks taller than even 5'11"....But ya never know in bodybuilding...
You Can't Do It!!!

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2007, 02:11:47 PM »
peaked biceops will always look better than long inserted biceps...
and as for dennis great physique..
i see no reason why he cant be mr O someday..
he has a bettr flow to his phsique than the current mr O
choice is an illusion

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2007, 02:58:40 PM »
5'11 and 1/4 actually.  :)

He looks taller because his arms look like they belong on someone 6'2 or taller.  Not to mention that a trim waist gives the illusion of height too.
i believe this, he looks at least 5'11" on the BFTO video.

jonsande

• Getbig II
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2007, 11:59:32 PM »
Dennis Wolf is awesome.  Cool guy. 

Bear

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2007, 03:55:40 AM »
I heard dude was 6 foot, and tell Levrone than peakless long bicep insertions aren't cool, he will disagree.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2007, 05:10:13 AM »
I heard dude was 6 foot, and tell Levrone than peakless long bicep insertions aren't cool, he will disagree.

And tell Dexter Jackson high lats and no calves aren't cool, Jay Cutler that having a bigger left side isn't cool or Lee Priest that small undersized chest aren't cool and I guarantee all will disagree. Your point makes no sense in case you didn't get it yet.
I

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2007, 05:13:51 AM »
donrhummy - good points.

Why do people say that biceps that do not peak (like Sergio's compared to Arnold's) are genetically poor?  Personally I prefer the long football biceps look that Sergio and Kev have, over peaked biceps like Arnold's or Al Beckles'.

agreed.

Bear

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2007, 05:20:17 AM »

And tell Dexter Jackson high lats and no calves aren't cool, Jay Cutler that having a bigger left side isn't cool or Lee Priest that small undersized chest aren't cool and I guarantee all will disagree. Your point makes no sense in case you didn't get it yet.

Doesn't this back up my argument?

Jay Cutler is Mr Olympia. I was saying that you can get to the top in spite of certain genetics attributes, you appear to be agreeing, under the guise of disagreeing.