Author Topic: Total Hip Replacement  (Read 4159 times)

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
Total Hip Replacement
« on: April 17, 2007, 06:08:30 AM »
Yep, thats what is facing the Rooster!!  The tad bit of steroid usage i've done over the years, docs say it has cut the blood supply off to my hip.  Plan is to drill 6 holes in my hip in a few months, then wait 6 months to see if it begins blood supply back to the hip, if not then take the pain as long as I can and have Total Hip Replacement.

But , i'd not change a thing, I enjoyed my years as a beast at 270, i'd do the roids all over again.  I'd rather have been a shooting comet than a star that burned dimly for years and years.  yep, i'd rather be that star that streaked across the sky burning in a blaze of glory.  But gawd all mighty, my damn hip hurts!

Some of you will rejoice so lemme have it, Rooster is an old man, his hip is shot, time to become the Bionic man and get a new one!  Open me up doc!
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
Re: Total Hip Replacement
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 06:16:03 AM »
Hip replacement means your now officially OLD!!!!
I

sinbad

• Getbig III
  • Chest like Arnold!
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 06:19:38 AM »
No big deal rooster, those things are routine these days, you will be as good as new.

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 06:29:47 AM »
No big deal rooster, those things are routine these days, you will be as good as new.
hell ya, you'll be back chasing those youngsters in no time.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 06:30:16 AM »
Yep, thats what is facing the Rooster!!  The tad bit of steroid usage i've done over the years, docs say it has cut the blood supply off to my hip.  Plan is to drill 6 holes in my hip in a few months, then wait 6 months to see if it begins blood supply back to the hip, if not then take the pain as long as I can and have Total Hip Replacement.

But , i'd not change a thing, I enjoyed my years as a beast at 270, i'd do the roids all over again.  I'd rather have been a shooting comet than a star that burned dimly for years and years.  yep, i'd rather be that star that streaked across the sky burning in a blaze of glory.  But gawd all mighty, my damn hip hurts!

Some of you will rejoice so lemme have it, Rooster is an old man, his hip is shot, time to become the Bionic man and get a new one!  Open me up doc!
Thats brutal. I don't wish that on anyone but I highly doubt it had to do with steroid usage. Lots of people take way more than guys like us and they don't have any such problems. Steroids are not nearly as "bad" as people make them out to be but like any good thing they will cause you great harm if abused bigtime.

PB

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 06:43:23 AM »

How the hell does it stop bllod flow to your hip ???
p

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 06:50:04 AM »
OLD_rooster

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 06:50:13 AM »

hahahahaha, you were never 270 Terry.

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2007, 06:51:39 AM »
Thats brutal. I don't wish that on anyone but I highly doubt it had to do with steroid usage. Lots of people take way more than guys like us and they don't have any such problems. Steroids are not nearly as "bad" as people make them out to be but like any good thing they will cause you great harm if abused bigtime.

PB
yeah you don't know anyone until know and if you attribute ti to something else your clear. That's bullshit. I'm not against stieriods but to petend there completely harmless is complete fucking ignorance.

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 06:55:55 AM »
How the hell does it stop bllod flow to your hip ???

Beats me but 3 doctors have confirmed the diagnosis.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2007, 06:57:04 AM »
hahahahaha, you were never 270 Terry.

Actually Squadfella, i was 272 but you are fat, have always been fat and will be fat forever i'd imagine.  You have no place on a bodybuilding website, your a chunky boy that lives vicariously through others.  how sad fat boy.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2007, 06:59:13 AM »
Actually Squadfella, i was 272 but you are fat, have always been fat and will be fat forever i'd imagine.  You have no place on a bodybuilding website, your a chunky boy that lives vicariously through others.  how sad fat boy.
hahahahaha, ok tiger, why don't you post a picture from when you were 270 pounds, show us all what a huge muscle monster you were. ;D

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2007, 07:04:37 AM »
Yep, thats what is facing the Rooster!! 

Couldn't get past the third-person retardation.

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2007, 07:10:12 AM »

has to be better than the fricking 24/7 pain the hip causes me now.  Swinging a golf club is fricking impossible!
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2007, 07:15:44 AM »
yeah you don't know anyone until know and if you attribute ti to something else your clear. That's bullshit. I'm not against stieriods but to petend there completely harmless is complete fucking ignorance.
Let me re-phrase.
A guy who takes 5000mg's per week is more likely to have problems down the road over a guy who only takes 500-1000mgs total. You drink 6 beers and your fine....you drink a whole 24 and your going to the hospital. Understand?

PB

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2007, 07:20:45 AM »
hahahahaha, ok tiger, why don't you post a picture from when you were 270 pounds, show us all what a huge muscle monster you were. ;D
I thought that the name tiger was reserved for me, now I don't feel special anymore.

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2007, 07:28:42 AM »
I thought that the name tiger was reserved for me, now I don't feel special anymore.
thats what he calls all the boys ;D
p

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2007, 07:47:48 AM »
bo jackson had his hip done when he played football, he took a hit on his hip and the blood supply stopped to his hip nessestating a total hip replacement. i had my hip done make sure you get a top surgeon to do it. i had my right hip done 5 times due to infection etc. that's why i'm holding off doing my left for now. good luck.
F

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2007, 08:03:53 AM »
Beats me but 3 doctors have confirmed the diagnosis.

They confirmed your condition, not what caused it.

Most doctors are as bad as soccer moms when it comes to understanding AAS....  all they know is they're "bad", and they're "killing our children".  ::)  So, when a patient presents with a condition they are not completely sure what caused, and the patient mentions he has a history of AAS use, the doc does the same thing the soccer-mom does...  adds 2 and 2 and gets 5...  "ah-HA!  The steroids are the culprit!"  ::)
Ron: "I am lazy."

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2007, 08:06:23 AM »

Most doctors are as bad as soccer moms when it comes to understanding AAS....  all they know is they're "bad", and they're "killing our children".  ::)  So, when a patient presents with a condition they are not completely sure what caused, and the patient mentions he has a history of AAS use, the doc does the same thing the soccer-mom does...  adds 2 and 2 and gets 5...  "ah-HA!  The steroids are the culprit!"  ::)
Bullseye.

PB

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2007, 08:10:45 AM »
damn, wonder if I will have that down the road? now when I squat I can feel my hips, and it limits my rom, never have I ever felt my hips and had a pain in the front.
rooster what was your earliest sign of pain?

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2007, 08:28:13 AM »

I'm just gonna assume doctors know a tad more than you.  Really doesn't matter what caused it but all 3 have said there has been a link shown between steroids and blood supply to the hip but really doesn't matter what caused it.

also, i don't think Bo Jackson has ever had his hip replaced, he may have but from what i've read, he like me is putting it off.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2007, 08:28:46 AM »
must be from all that heavy squating you did ::)

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2007, 08:40:58 AM »
must be from all that heavy squating you did ::)
I know one thing, i've done more bodybuilding than you ever had superstar!  haha, now go watch you some wrasslin!
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2007, 08:42:38 AM »
I know one thing, i've done more bodybuilding than you ever had superstar!  haha, now go watch you some wrasslin!
really! still want to kick my ass old man?

by the way you're not even old enough to be my daddy and he's in better shape then you.