Author Topic: 'broncaid'  (Read 20628 times)

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
'broncaid'
« on: April 17, 2007, 09:14:40 PM »
what's with people using that in place of ephedra?  Is it cheaper than ephedra? 

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
Re: 'broncaid'
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 09:19:20 PM »
you can go to your nearest pharmacy and pick it up.  and it's bronkaid.
Deep Tissue Massage

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 09:21:53 PM »
you can go to your nearest pharmacy and pick it up.  and it's bronkaid.

Ahh with a 'k' ..I see, I bet Mr. Magoo supplements with Kock.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 09:30:10 PM »
Thanks to GH15 Walgreens and CVS are going to start wondering what's going on with all the meatheads going in and asking for this product.  :D
They usually keep it in the pharmacy area or behind the front counter, and you have to sign for it and show ID in order to make the purchase.
!

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 09:32:17 PM »
bronkaid contains:

*  25 mg ephedrine sulfate
    * 400 mg guaifenesin

And these inactive ingredients:

* croscarmellose sodium
    * hydroxypropyl methylcellulose
    * magnesium stearate
    * magnesium trisilicate
    * microcrystalline cellulose
    * polyethylene glycol
    * povidone and starch

I don't know that you should be taking all those ingredients longterm.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 10:26:24 PM »
Yes, much cheaper than Vasopro.  Vasopro is roughly 65 cents a pill.  Bronkaid is 20 cents.
N

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 10:27:02 PM »
Yes, much cheaper than Vasopro.  Vasopro is roughly 65 cents a pill.  Bronkaid is 20 cents.

Ahh, that's cheaper than ephedra supplements.

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 10:27:48 PM »
Bast, you had no problem taking pro-hormones, and you are worried about ephedrine ?  ???

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2007, 10:32:16 PM »
Bast, you had no problem taking pro-hormones, and you are worried about ephedrine ?  ???

i'm not worried.  I take ephedrine

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 10:33:52 PM »

do you train calves?  ???

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2007, 10:36:08 PM »

This is the very short version but to the point........

1. All stimulants eventually become DEPRESSENTS and will cause you to lose energy, especially when you're on low carbs.

2. If someone is on Ephedrine or any other stimulant the usual first effects are weight loss due to water and some fat, but as time goes on the constant release and (the main factor in all of this) OVERPRODUCTION OF INSULIN will stop a persons body from burning fat and if the carb consumption is too high will cause you to INCREASE fat and will not keep BURNING fat, if you understand how insulin works, you should know this, this is how ephedra has a reverse effect.

3. You said you have been taking ephedrine for 15 years, my guess is it's more of an addiction and does more harm than good, if someone is dependant on stimulants it usually because of low seratonin levels that causes the craving for the stimulants and when low on carbs, you crave carbs.

I reguards to the GH Gut theories that have been speculated, I've heard things from excess carb loading to enlarged organs due to excessive GH to visceral fat, but the one conclusion that I think I have and it makes sense is the overproduction of insulin and some of the main factors in bodybuilding that causes this is stimulants and carb loading both of which will cause and over production of insulin and will cause bloating in the stomach.

I have a TON more on this subject, but I gotta go back to work.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2007, 10:40:21 PM »

1. All stimulants eventually become DEPRESSENTS and will cause you to lose energy, especially when you're on low carbs.

2. If someone is on Ephedrine or any other stimulant the usual first effects are weight loss due to water and some fat, but as time goes on the constant release and (the main factor in all of this) OVERPRODUCTION OF INSULIN will stop a persons body from burning fat and if the carb consumption is too high will cause you to INCREASE fat and will not keep BURNING fat, if you understand how insulin works, you should know this, this is how ephedra has a reverse effect.

3. You said you have been taking ephedrine for 15 years, my guess is it's more of an addiction and does more harm than good, if someone is dependant on stimulants it usually because of low seratonin levels that causes the craving for the stimulants and when low on carbs, you crave carbs.

I reguards to the GH Gut theories that have been speculated, I've heard things from excess carb loading to enlarged organs due to excessive GH to visceral fat, but the one conclusion that I think I have and it makes sense is the overproduction of insulin and some of the main factors in bodybuilding that causes this is stimulants and carb loading both of which will cause and over production of insulin and will cause bloating in the stomach.

True.  But only if you take them beyond moderation.  I take them maybe a cap twice a week, and only for 6 weeks out of the entire year. 

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2007, 10:40:57 PM »
I must be the acception to the rule.  That's never happened to me, but I've never been low on carbs with ephedrine.  Still, doubtful.
N

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2007, 10:42:33 PM »

This is complete bullshit.

I have reviewed of 40 peer-reviewed journals on ephedrine and none have mentioned this.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2007, 10:47:28 PM »
This is complete bullshit.

I have reviewed of 40 peer-reviewed journals on ephedrine and none have mentioned this.

Then your reading the wrong journals, this is elementry to a Doctor who has diabetics as patients, why do you think they tell their patients to follow low carb diets and either cut out or reduce caffine and other stimulants?

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2007, 10:55:39 PM »
Then your reading the wrong journals, this is elementry to a Doctor who has diabetics as patients and patients!

Show me the articles.

If there was an issue this significant (as you claim) then it would be all over ANY article pertaining to the health effects of ephedrine (and there have been many of these articles published). I am not trying to fight you, I am always open to learn more. So please show me the article(s) you base your claim on.

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2007, 11:04:26 PM »
I also want to mention, that what you are claiming appears to be well out of the realm of possibility for the amounts bodybuilders use.

Stimulation of the beta cells of the pancreas to produce more insulin is a hallmark response of the sympathetic NS stimulation.

What you are proposing is a constitutive overproduction of insulin over basal levels, however, this is simply not going to happen when you are using a drug that only has a half life of 3-4 hours!

Similarly, look at asthma medications such as clenbuterol and albuterol. Both are far more potent than ephedrine and have much longer half-lifes. There does not appear to be an issue with the use of these drugs and damage to the pancreas, resulting in permanent insulin abnormalities.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2007, 12:49:15 AM »
I don't know about you guys, but here (Canada) you just gotta find a shady Indian/Pakistani owned health food store.. they keep the original 25mg Ephedrine HCL behind the counters :)  just grabbed 3 bottles for summer..

100 tabs @ 25mg for $25 , can't go wrong!

toolarge4u

• Getbig III
  • Handicap stall is for dips you dicksock
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2007, 08:52:56 AM »
Then your reading the wrong journals, this is elementry to a Doctor who has diabetics as patients, why do you think they tell their patients to follow low carb diets and either cut out or reduce caffine and other stimulants?

your a fucking idiot, show one article then. The 70's called, they want there toothpick legs back

Slintowin

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • I saw you just the other day my how you have grow
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2007, 09:04:22 AM »
I pretty much just stay with vasapro

Naked4Jesus

• Getbig IV
  • You can save a IFBB Pro today by donating a kidney
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2007, 09:07:48 AM »
bronkaid contains:

*  25 mg ephedrine sulfate
    * 400 mg guaifenesin

And these inactive ingredients:

* croscarmellose sodium
    * hydroxypropyl methylcellulose
    * magnesium stearate
    * magnesium trisilicate
    * microcrystalline cellulose
    * polyethylene glycol
    * povidone and starch

I don't know that you should be taking all those ingredients longterm.

What's the difference between ephedrine sulfate and ephedrine HCL?  Does one have any advantage over the other?

Mr. Cortisol

• Getbig IV
  • Twink, Twink, little star.
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2007, 09:12:32 AM »
i loves me some ECA.  what national chains carry bronkaid, and is it a pain in the ass to buy there?
Addicted to the Steal

Colossus_1986

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2007, 09:36:03 AM »
I pretty much just stay with vasapro

this is the shit. end of story!

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2007, 09:41:16 AM »
I don't know about you guys, but here (Canada) you just gotta find a shady Indian/Pakistani owned health food store.. they keep the original 25mg Ephedrine HCL behind the counters :)  just grabbed 3 bottles for summer..

100 tabs @ 25mg for $25 , can't go wrong!

Does this raise your heart rate significantly?   I don't want my blood pressure or heart rate too elevated.  I don't know who would

Naked4Jesus

• Getbig IV
  • You can save a IFBB Pro today by donating a kidney
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2007, 09:44:15 AM »
Wouldn't Primatene be better:

Ingredients:
Active Ingredients: Ephedrine Hcl (USP 12.5 mg) (Bronchodilator), Guaifenesin (USP 200mg) (Expectorant)

Inactive Ingredients: Crospovidone, D&C Yellow 10 Aluminum Lake, FD&C Yellow 6 Aluminum Lake, Magnesium Stearate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Providone, Silicon Dioxide.

It's dosed a bit lower at 12.5 but you can get 60 tabls for 9.99 so even though you may take two at a time it's gonna work out to about .33 per tab.