Author Topic: A Little Bit of History about Our Two Major Parties  (Read 16391 times)

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
A Little Bit of History about Our Two Major Parties
« on: April 19, 2007, 04:03:43 PM »
This will shock quite a few of you!   :o  Here is some of what is in Wayn Perryman's book, "Unfounded Loyalty: An in-depth look into the love affair between Blacks and Democrats"

Truths Ignored But Now Explored

The Democrats

Our nation's top historians reveal that the Democratic Party gave us the Ku Klux Klan, Black Codes, Jim Crow Laws and other repressive legislation which resulted in the multitude of murders, lynchings, mutilations, and intimidations (of thousands of black and white Republicans). On the issue of slavery: historians say the Democrats gave their lives to expand it, the Republicans gave their lives to ban it.

The Republicans

Regarding the Republican Party, historians report that while Democrats were busy passing laws to hurt blacks, Republicans devoted their time to passing laws to help blacks. Republicans were primarily responsible for the following Civil Rights legislation:

1. The Emancipation Proclamation
2. The 13th Amendment
3. The 14th Amendment
4. The 15th Amendment
5. The Reconstruction Act of 1867
6. The Civil Rights of 1866
7. The Enforcement Act of 1870
8. The Forced Act of 1871
9. The Ku Klux Klan Act of 1871
10. The Civil Rights Act of 1875
11. The Freeman Bureau
12. The Civil Rights Act of 1957
13. The Civil Rights Act of 1960
14. The United State Civil Rights Commission

And gave strong bi-partisan support and sponsorship for the following
legislation

15. The Civil Rights Act of 1964
17. The Voting Rights Act of 1965
18. The 1968 Civil Rights Acts
19. The Equal Opportunity Act of 1972
20. Goals and Timetables for Affirmative Action Programs
21. Comprehensive Employment Training Act of 1973
22. Voting Rights Act of Amendment of 1982
23. Civil Rights Act of 1983
24. Federal Contract Compliance and Workforce Development Act of 1988

Programs By Republicans & their Supporters include:[/i]

a. Many of our key traditional Black Colleges are named after Republicans Colleges
b. The Freedman Bureau
c. Historians say that three whites that opposed the Democrat's racist practices, including the lynching of blacks, founded and funded the NAACP

Author's Accountability Proposal

To assure that the black vote is not ignored. The author proposes that every candidate that receives the black vote, must be required to devote two weeks each year doing (physical) community service in the inner city i.e. painting, landscaping, remodeling etc. He further proposes that each of these candidates must submit on a quarterly basis, a report that specifically states what they have done or attempted to do for African Americans during that period. These reports should be printed in community newspapers. The author believes this is the only way to assure accountability.

The War on Rights Continued

On April 9, 1865, the Civil War ended but not the war between the Democrats and Republicans regarding the rights of African Americans. This war continued up through 1960. Over the years, several thousand Black and White Republicans were beaten, lynched - shot and burned to death by the Democrats and their Klan supporters, in an effort to keep them from voting and educating blacks citizens.

After 1877, when Abolitionist activities decreased, Republicans became more concerned with staying alive and staying in office than staying true to their commitment to defend the rights of African Americans. Their previous work on behalf of African Americans was significant and impressive.

It wasn't until 1960 under President Eisenhower did Republicans as a party, realized that their work was incomplete and felt a need to resume their efforts on behalf of African Americans. There was Republican support for every major Civil Rights Bill introduced from from 1960 to 1988. There was not only support, many of the bills were introduced and sponsored by Republicans. Most noteworthy was Senator Everett Dirksen of Illinois.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
Re: A Little Bit of History about Our Two Major Parties
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 08:27:04 AM »
bump

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 08:35:11 AM »
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 08:36:25 AM »
bump diddy bump bump
bump diddy bump diddy bump bump bump

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 08:44:53 AM »
Things that make you go hmmm.......

I think it's funny more Blacks don't vote Repub considering Lincoln freed their asses
Squishy face retard

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 08:54:14 AM »
Things that make you go hmmm.......

I think it's funny more Blacks don't vote Repub considering Lincoln freed their asses

The Dem's don't give a shit about em actually but they give em all those government handouts.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 10:31:16 AM »
This summation is not shocking.

It is grotesquely oversimplified.

Yesterday's republicans were northern liberal/progressives.  Yesterday's democrats were southern conservatives.

Today's republicans are right wingers and the democrats--they are moderates.

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 caused many of the southern congressmen to abandon support for the democrats.  Eventually those southerners gave their support to the republicans.  Remember Nixon's southern strategy?

Even this description is far too simplistic to grasp the real significance and movement of each party.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2007, 10:41:14 AM »
Democrats are moderates, huh? 

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2007, 10:42:30 AM »
The Dem's don't give a shit about em actually but they give em all those government handouts.
Democrats provide a handup with some subsistence assistance.

Republicans give trillion dollar tax cuts to millionaire/billionaires.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2007, 10:44:51 AM »
This summation is not shocking.

It is grotesquely oversimplified.

Yesterday's republicans were northern liberal/progressives.  Yesterday's democrats were southern conservatives.

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 caused many of the southern congressmen to abandon support for the democrats.  Eventually those southerners gave their support to the republicans.  Remember Nixon's southern strategy?

Even this description is far too simplistic to grasp the real significance and movement of each party.
Regardless, a majority of blacks today vote with the mindset that the Republicans have always been "yesterday's Democrats".  Would you agree with that?

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2007, 10:46:59 AM »
Democrats provide a handup with some subsistence assistance.

Republicans give trillion dollar tax cuts to millionaire/billionaires.
Democrats want to keep the OPPRESIVE mindset alive

I'm not a millionaire or billionaire, yet I have benefitted GREATLY from the tax cuts that were put in place under President Bush. 

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2007, 10:51:27 AM »
Democrats are moderates, huh? 
I think so.  What makes you think that any Congressman is liberal or progressive.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2007, 10:55:20 AM »
Democrats want to keep the OPPRESIVE mindset alive

I'm not a millionaire or billionaire, yet I have benefitted GREATLY from the tax cuts that were put in place under President Bush. 
Rich people make most of their money from capital gains and not earned income.

You're paying for your tax cut in the end.  The tax cuts are financed with borrowed money that must be repaid with interest. 

You either pay now or pay more later.

There is no free lunch.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2007, 10:56:36 AM »
In the 1900's there was a shift. By then most of the racists and kkk members were all republican.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2007, 10:57:03 AM »
Regardless, a majority of blacks today vote with the mindset that the Republicans have always been "yesterday's Democrats".  Would you agree with that?
Maybe.  I don't know.  I can't get into their heads to make that determination.  If I were to guess, I'd guess 9 out of 10 people would hold that belief simply b/c our history education in this country is deplorable.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2007, 11:04:44 AM »
Rich people make most of their money from capital gains and not earned income.

You're paying for your tax cut in the end.  The tax cuts are financed with borrowed money that must be repaid with interest. 

You either pay now or pay more later.

There is no free lunch.
I agree.  There's no free lunch.  But based on that notion, your argument is saying it's better to have food stamps than to be able to pay for your own lunch.  Both methods have to be payed for somehow.  Which way would you rather have lunch paid for, with a handout or with a sense of empowerment?   :-\

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2007, 11:05:32 AM »
Maybe.  I don't know.  I can't get into their heads to make that determination.  If I were to guess, I'd guess 9 out of 10 people would hold that belief simply b/c our history education in this country is deplorable.
I agree with you 100% there, bro!   :)

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2007, 11:06:59 AM »
In the 1900's there was a shift. By then most of the racists and kkk members were all republican.
Like I replied to Decker, most blacks vote today based on the way things were.  See the problem with that?  And Decker hit the nail on the head that people in our country have not be educated on these facts, therefore most blacks are voting based on what happened in the past, which is when the Democrats were the KKK. 

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2007, 11:16:30 AM »
I agree.  There's no free lunch.  But based on that notion, your argument is saying it's better to have food stamps than to be able to pay for your own lunch.  Both methods have to be payed for somehow.  Which way would you rather have lunch paid for, with a handout or with a sense of empowerment?   :-\
I understand what you're saying.  I would rather have my tax dollar be used as a helping hand up to indigents.  There will always be people that abuse the system.  But there will always be people who grasp the opportunity and move off of the dole and onto their own two feet.  That's a risk I'm willing to take.

As for financing a tax cut so that wealthy people can have more discretionary income in search of a tax deferred vehicle....well, it is sadly innappropriate to pig out on dessert while others are scrambling for peach pits in the dumpster.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2007, 11:18:37 AM »

One of the major problems is that people act like the 'minorities on welfare' are somehow morally inferior to Whites who benefit from corporate welfare in this country. 

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2007, 11:26:01 AM »
I understand what you're saying.  I would rather have my tax dollar be used as a helping hand up to indigents.  There will always be people that abuse the system.  But there will always be people who grasp the opportunity and move off of the dole and onto their own two feet.  That's a risk I'm willing to take.

As for financing a tax cut so that wealthy people can have more discretionary income in search of a tax deferred vehicle....well, it is sadly innappropriate to pig out on dessert while others are scrambling for peach pits in the dumpster.
I can appreciate where you're coming from, Decker.  I, on the other hand, have the mindset that we gain when the wealthy are able to continue being wealthy.  If you liken it to a pack of wolves, the Alpha male is the equivalent of the Wealthy.  The wolfpack is only as strong as it's leader, the alpha male.  And so it is with the wealthy...we are as only as wealthy a nation as our wealthiest people, who then are able to trickle down the funds.  We couldn't have a middle-class were it not for the wealthy.  If I could take this analogy a little further...I see the mindset of re-distributed income as a pack of wolves with multiple Alpha males.  In a pack full of Alpha males, you end up with a family of wolves that is not going to last very long.  The Alphas would destroy themselves in an effort to attain the level of "top dog".

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2007, 12:54:45 PM »
I can appreciate where you're coming from, Decker.  I, on the other hand, have the mindset that we gain when the wealthy are able to continue being wealthy.  If you liken it to a pack of wolves, the Alpha male is the equivalent of the Wealthy.  The wolfpack is only as strong as it's leader, the alpha male.  And so it is with the wealthy...we are as only as wealthy a nation as our wealthiest people, who then are able to trickle down the funds.  We couldn't have a middle-class were it not for the wealthy.  If I could take this analogy a little further...I see the mindset of re-distributed income as a pack of wolves with multiple Alpha males.  In a pack full of Alpha males, you end up with a family of wolves that is not going to last very long.  The Alphas would destroy themselves in an effort to attain the level of "top dog".
That's a really good analogy.  But human beings have a compassionate aspect to their being.  It's a feature that is important to civilization--we behave in a civilized manner b/c we have the capacity to sympathize/empathize with other people and act on that understanding.  We someone in trying times or pain and we can help that person get back on his/her feet.

This country was at its most prospersous and successful point in the 1950s.  The country's middle class peaked then.  During that decade, the US had a top marginal tax rate btn 88 and 94% for dollars earned in excess of $400k and 40% of the country's private workforce was unionized.  When that sharing of the wealth fell apart (flattened progressive tax scheme, unions crushed, spiraling executive compensation, frozen wages) people fell through the cracks.  The social safety net is a safeguard to passageway back to the middle class for those people.

The middle class is not a natural result of moderated capitalism.  There's an array of mechanisms that exist to ensure that wealth inequality/monopoly does not rule the day in the US (anti-trust laws, securities laws, tax laws etc).  This country will destabalize if it becomes a thirdworld country where there are mega rich and undifferentiated poor as the only social strata.   

Then I guess I'm saying that the country is as strong as its middle class. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2007, 01:28:26 PM »
The I guess I'm saying that the country is as strong as its middle class. 

This is more correct.

It's not good when those in power are trying to eliminate the middle class. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2007, 01:30:08 PM »
This is more correct.

It's not good when those in power are trying to eliminate the middle class. 

How does

out-sourcing fit into this?  Or a $9 minimum wage?

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2007, 02:59:43 PM »
The Middle Class is what drives the US and what makes it the power it is today. There are many countries around the world with 3% of the population controlling the vast majority of the money. You'll notice those countries don't benefit from trickle down economics. The 97% that don't have the money seem to get no benefit from the 3%.

The US needs and demands a strong and healthy middle class. In fact you could actually say that the middle class is the Alpha Male, well at least with some creative thinking.  ;D