Author Topic: Midnight STARVING!  (Read 4234 times)

Lugar

• Getbig IV
Midnight STARVING!
« on: April 20, 2007, 05:38:29 AM »
I finish working out about 430pm.  I usually lay down about 9ish as I have to be up at 5am for work.  Problem:  I have ZERO appetite postworkout.  I usually have a shake, and force down a salad about an hour later.  Then I'm stufed for the night.   However, midnight, 2am, 4am rolls around and I am STARVING...it actually wakes me up.  Last night for example, I had a casein shake with almonds at 9pm, slep, woke starving, had a muscle milk with some veggies.......slept....w oke at 2am, same deal....another shake with some pb.....does this mean I'm not eating enough during the day(Im stuffing myself with 3500 cals).......or what?  Does anyone else have this problem?   Is this a recipe for fat gain?  If I continue to drink shakes, eat bars, veggies, etc when I wake?

Mike

• Getbig IV
Re: Midnight STARVING!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 09:35:54 AM »
I finish working out about 430pm.  I usually lay down about 9ish as I have to be up at 5am for work.  Problem:  I have ZERO appetite postworkout.  I usually have a shake, and force down a salad about an hour later.  Then I'm stufed for the night.   However, midnight, 2am, 4am rolls around and I am STARVING...it actually wakes me up.  Last night for example, I had a casein shake with almonds at 9pm, slep, woke starving, had a muscle milk with some veggies.......slept....w oke at 2am, same deal....another shake with some pb.....does this mean I'm not eating enough during the day(Im stuffing myself with 3500 cals).......or what?  Does anyone else have this problem?   Is this a recipe for fat gain?  If I continue to drink shakes, eat bars, veggies, etc when I wake?

Oh yeah it is...recipe for DISASTER! 

Watch out Lugar, I can already sense you getting fatter!

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 10:33:21 AM »
next

ryu007

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 08:36:38 AM »
I have that same problem, usually around midnight though for me. I don't ignore it, I definitely always eat something when I wake up. I try eating something that'll fill me up more, sometimes wheat cereal, or peanut butter. As long as you keep your workouts intense, the calories you intake shouldn't result in fat.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007, 09:06:54 AM »

1-2 tbls of peanut butter and go back to sleep!

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2007, 11:04:20 AM »
Lugar why don't you try eating/drinking some fiber before bed? It might help you feel "fuller".

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2007, 10:06:37 PM »
I finish working out about 430pm.  I usually lay down about 9ish as I have to be up at 5am for work.  Problem:  I have ZERO appetite postworkout.  I usually have a shake, and force down a salad about an hour later.  Then I'm stufed for the night.   However, midnight, 2am, 4am rolls around and I am STARVING...

Nothing solid for 7+ hours - Of course you're hungry.
:

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2007, 07:20:27 AM »
Lugar lighted up a bowl of herb and the munchies got him.  Disscontinue herb to prevent these binges.

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2007, 07:40:37 AM »
Sure...then I wont eat all night........my bowl restircition is 1-2 MAYBE 5 nights a week max........only at night, never interfering with anything..............

The thick shake at 9pm and a couple of trips for some homemade protein bars, veggies etc at 11pm, 2am satisfies my hunger....thank GOD I'm not going after ho-hos, protein bars (I,.E. OH YEAH BARS, ETC)

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2007, 05:56:19 PM »
just keep a handful of donuts beside your bed, that will sort the problem out.

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2007, 07:31:22 PM »
i agree with the other dudes. try to eat a meal that will help you to feel "fuller" the shakes and sald ain't gonna' cut it bro! (they are mere snacks for us big dudes!) YA GOTTA EAT !  ;)

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2007, 04:18:01 AM »
[/b]

If your going to continue to use the same approach you initially posted.. why create a new thread and ignore the advice give to you...

And i thought you nixed cardio yet i see you doing cardio (on Sat and Sunday prior to your workout)

SEEK HELP...

WHAT?!?!?!  Everyone is saying have a meal that sticks prebed...ok....I've done that......a fiberous meal, with a thick MRP shake, veggies, etc....it holds me over for a few hours.........no one said anything was wrong per se with getting up and eating if I'm hungry.....most do it, and switching to a good mrp 2-3x a night works........is there anything you find wrong with eating during the night?

Cardio - heart purposes...I did nix cardio....7x a week pre 1 st meal to 2x a week post 1st meal, yet 3 hrs post......you got a problem wit low int. cardio?   

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2007, 04:35:31 AM »
WHAT?!?!?!  Everyone is saying have a meal that sticks prebed...ok....I've done that......a fiberous meal, with a thick MRP shake, veggies, etc....it holds me over for a few hours.........no one said anything was wrong per se with getting up and eating if I'm hungry.....most do it, and switching to a good mrp 2-3x a night works........is there anything you find wrong with eating during the night?

Cardio - heart purposes...I did nix cardio....7x a week pre 1 st meal to 2x a week post 1st meal, yet 3 hrs post......you got a problem wit low int. cardio?   

If you are having a hard time putting on weight cut back on the veggies, eat more potatos, nuts or meat instead.  Veggies will help fill you up which you dont want.

Do low intensity cardio about 120-125 BPM for 30 min. 3-4 times a week, that should be plenty.  Do it after your resistance training.

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2007, 05:12:34 AM »
PREBED!

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2007, 01:07:32 PM »
WHAT?!?!?!  Everyone is saying have a meal that sticks prebed...ok....I've done that......a fiberous meal, with a thick MRP shake, veggies, etc...

A shake and a salad is not a solid meal  ::) I don't care what you put in it.  Steak & sweet potato, an omelet WITH the yolks .... Fat and fiber stave off hunger, not a liquid protein and water based veggies.
:

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2007, 01:18:19 PM »
give cake batter a try,you will get fat but at least you will be happy ;)

bench

mdgkmg

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2007, 01:51:05 PM »
i always like to mix some oatmeal if i wake up in the middle of the night 1 cup oatmeal, 4 ounces milk, two tbls peanut butter, mix it together eat it warm. go back to bed.

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2007, 03:31:30 PM »
seriously??  oats??  a full cup?  I would think THIS would be a recipe for fat storage, no?  what are your stats?  What is your daily diet like?

Slintowin

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • I saw you just the other day my how you have grow
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2007, 03:46:53 PM »
You need to force yourself to eat after you lift my friend.  But I will be the first to say many people including former mr olympia ronnie coleman have meals late at night especially if its offseason

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2007, 03:55:56 PM »
here are my choice postworkout:  then a solid meal 2 hours later........

rice cakes
cytogainer
oats

all in 50g of whey, or the cytogainer solo....what would yield the cleanest results?  I figure I need about 40/40.......

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2007, 06:55:49 PM »
here are my choice postworkout:  then a solid meal 2 hours later........

Why wait two hours? Why not wait only 45-60 minutes.

mar10s

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2007, 08:42:47 PM »
You'd be fine eating the oatmeal.  Also, cottage cheese before bed will stick with ya for a while. 

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2007, 02:59:18 AM »
Sure...then I wont eat all night........my bowl restircition is 1-2 MAYBE 5 nights a week max........only at night, never interfering with anything..............

This isn't setting the stage for a psychological addiction to grass or anything. How can you have this much trouble eating? Listen to your body, if it says it's hungry feed it (just watch what foods you eat).

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2007, 04:46:34 AM »
This isn't setting the stage for a psychological addiction to grass or anything. How can you have this much trouble eating? Listen to your body, if it says it's hungry feed it (just watch what foods you eat).

LOL thats good Rim, have to admit when I first read that sentence I knew for sure Lugar had a grass problem, he pretty much spelled it out there.  Anytime you try quit and cant your addicted, when you know you should quit but don't, then you have a problem.  Self imposed drug use limits like that are results of wrestling with your demons.  See I have been there and from Lugars comments here I can see that weed is or has caused problems in his life. 

Most people don't realize how addicting weed is, yeah you may leave her for a while, but after a while you will be right back in the arms of Mary Jane.

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2007, 05:11:21 AM »
never tried to quit...........nothing wrong in moderation!!    i wanna see pics of people's physiques who eat oats all night........lol