Author Topic: Boxer or UFC fighter? Mayweather says boxers would punish UFC champs!!  (Read 40215 times)

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
Re: Boxer or UFC fighter? Mayweather says boxers would punish UFC champs!!
« Reply #125 on: April 21, 2007, 11:30:12 PM »
Hope you insecure boxing fans enjoy this video

Feel free to post videos of a boxer beating a MMA fighter in a fight where anything goes...if that ever happens!

canadaphiliac

• Getbig III
« Reply #126 on: April 22, 2007, 12:09:01 AM »
a sumo wrestler would destroy any mma fighters, then theyd take there wife or gay lover out for a nice meal, possibly skipping the foreplay and straight down to sumo sex action.
That played out in UFC 1 also. Teila Tuli got his face kicked in.

Cold

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #127 on: April 22, 2007, 06:07:21 AM »
the person with the stronger will to kill wins, and there's no gaurantee a top ranked boxer or a top ranked MMA fighter have that instinct.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #128 on: April 22, 2007, 08:44:14 AM »
Boxing or any other form of fighting have little to do with the actual outcome. What will win the fight is a talented fighter and the best fighters are where the money is.
just push some weight!

canadaphiliac

• Getbig III
« Reply #129 on: April 22, 2007, 09:02:34 AM »
Boxing or any other form of fighting have little to do with the actual outcome. What will win the fight is a talented fighter and the best fighters are where the money is.
That's rediculous, the money is better in boxing because it's been around longer and is better established. It's gotten too political, which is why there's so many good fighters that never get a shot at any title, and that turns off a lot of good fighters. The most talented fighters are where the steepest competition is, and that's Pride. Except Phil Baroni, I hate that guy oh so much, and he sucks balls at everything.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #130 on: April 22, 2007, 09:06:20 AM »
That's rediculous, the money is better in boxing because it's been around longer and is better established. It's gotten too political, which is why there's so many good fighters that never get a shot at any title, and that turns off a lot of good fighters. The most talented fighters are where the steepest competition is, and that's Pride. Except Phil Baroni, I hate that guy oh so much, and he sucks balls at everything.

I can't stand to watch the "fighting" on TV anymore! If it is boxing or ufc they are all real bad at it. Only Meaweather is sorta entertaining but he is a lightweight and punches like a featherweight.

Only I could take this sport of fighting to the next level but I have chosen the peacefull path. Alas.
just push some weight!

canadaphiliac

• Getbig III
« Reply #131 on: April 22, 2007, 09:16:00 AM »
I can't stand to watch the "fighting" on TV anymore! If it is boxing or ufc they are all real bad at it. Only Meaweather is sorta entertaining but he is a lightweight and punches like a featherweight.

Only I could take this sport of fighting to the next level but I have chosen the peacefull path. Alas.
There's only a couple fighters of anything, MMA, boxing, wrestling, what have you, that I'll watch. I much prefer competing to watching. All of it is boring to watch, seeing as I don't care to see anyone punching like a featherweight. Randy Couture, Fedor, Cro Cop, and Tyson reruns really are the only ones I have the patience to sit through.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #132 on: April 22, 2007, 09:19:32 AM »
There's only a couple fighters of anything, MMA, boxing, wrestling, what have you, that I'll watch. I much prefer competing to watching. All of it is boring to watch, seeing as I don't care to see anyone punching like a featherweight. Randy Couture, Fedor, Cro Cop, and Tyson reruns really are the only ones I have the patience to sit through.

Tyson is always great to watch.

Also I like Remy Bonjasky from K-1. He is my height and does some crazy strike movements.
just push some weight!

canadaphiliac

• Getbig III
« Reply #133 on: April 22, 2007, 09:21:14 AM »
Tyson is always great to watch.

Also I like Remy Bonjasky from K-1. He is my height and does some crazy strike movements.
I'm always up for a compiliation of submissions and knockouts though. I'd much rather just see the end result than watch the process.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #134 on: April 22, 2007, 09:23:07 AM »
I'm always up for a compiliation of submissions and knockouts though. I'd much rather just see the end result than watch the process.

I see. The reason why they are using submissions is because their striking sucks. :P
just push some weight!

canadaphiliac

• Getbig III
« Reply #135 on: April 22, 2007, 09:24:29 AM »
I see. The reason why they are using submissions is because their striking sucks. :P
Your point? If I get in a fight on the street and break the guy's neck it doesn't count because I didn't just punch him?

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #136 on: April 22, 2007, 09:27:03 AM »
Your point? If I get in a fight on the street and break the guy's neck it doesn't count because I didn't just punch him?

Counts as long as you where doing it standing up. Even this sounds wrong.. in the streets anything counts. In a sport their has to be strict rules and regulations.
just push some weight!

canadaphiliac

• Getbig III
« Reply #137 on: April 22, 2007, 09:29:11 AM »
Counts as long as you where doing it standing up. Even this sounds wrong.. in the streets anything counts. In a sport their has to be strict rules and regulations.
Have you read the rules for UFC? They've got an ever increasing list. What's the point of staying standing up? That doesn't even accurately simulate real combat.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #138 on: April 22, 2007, 09:30:32 AM »
Have you read the rules for UFC? They've got an ever increasing list. What's the point of staying standing up? That doesn't even accurately simulate real combat.

Real men fight on their feet. Scared men are on the ground.
just push some weight!

canadaphiliac

• Getbig III
« Reply #139 on: April 22, 2007, 09:32:04 AM »
Real men fight on their feet. Scared men are on the ground.
Why do they stay on their feet when the more dangerous fight is always on the ground?

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #140 on: April 22, 2007, 09:35:23 AM »
Why do they stay on their feet when the more dangerous fight is always on the ground?

Same reason why men stand to pee and women sit. ;)
just push some weight!

canadaphiliac

• Getbig III
« Reply #141 on: April 22, 2007, 09:37:46 AM »
Same reason why men stand to pee and women sit. ;)
Men pee standing up out of fear of any number of arm bars or ground and pound techniques? ???

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #142 on: April 22, 2007, 09:48:06 AM »
Hope you insecure boxing fans enjoy this video

Feel free to post videos of a boxer beating a MMA fighter in a fight where anything goes...if that ever happens!

i see your point, but please, royce gracie vses some punch drunk fool that's stupid or drunk enough to enter the octagon with a 12 oz boxing glove on ???

btw, i have discovered that any  serious discussion re fighting on these boards is pointless and, i would suggest, anyone seriously discussing pbf's diss on ufc in the gossip section of getbig is either between the ages of 10 - 14 years of age or is mentally retarded.

pro fighting 101 sect 101 (A) subsection (i) paragraph 1:  HYPE SELLS TICKETS

live, learn and be wise. ;)

canadaphiliac

• Getbig III
« Reply #143 on: April 22, 2007, 09:50:58 AM »
i see your point, but please, royce gracie vses some punch drunk fool that's stupid or drunk enough to enter the octagon with a 12 oz boxing glove on ???

btw, i have discovered that any  serious discussion re fighting on these boards is pointless and, i would suggest, anyone seriously discussing pbf's diss on ufc in the gossip section of getbig is either between the ages of 10 - 14 years of age or is mentally retarded.

pro fighting 101 sect 101 (A) subsection (i) paragraph 1:  HYPE SELLS TICKETS

live, learn and be wise. ;)
Or mind numbingly bored.  :'(

Cold

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #144 on: April 22, 2007, 01:12:40 PM »
the only 3 fighters worth watching are Tyson, Williams Carter of K1, and Wanderlei Silva of Pride. All the guys in the UFC are a bunch of scrubs.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #145 on: April 22, 2007, 02:10:13 PM »
the only 3 fighters worth watching are Tyson, Williams Carter of K1, and Wanderlei Silva of Pride. All the guys in the UFC are a bunch of scrubs.
PRIDE is now a part of the UFC, dumbass. And if you have been paying attention, the luster of your PRIDE heavyweight heroes are losing their shine. The UFC heavyweights have been kicking their asses. PRIDE was not as "superior" as you fanboys were deluding yourselves to believe.  ;)
!

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #146 on: April 22, 2007, 06:14:03 PM »
PRIDE is now a part of the UFC, dumbass. And if you have been paying attention, the luster of your PRIDE heavyweight heroes are losing their shine. The UFC heavyweights have been kicking their asses. PRIDE was not as "superior" as you fanboys were deluding yourselves to believe.  ;)

Please don't include Fedor in that statement.  Fedor + elbows on the ground + cage = should be illegal. 

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: April 22, 2007, 06:47:45 PM »
Please don't include Fedor in that statement.  Fedor + elbows on the ground + cage = should be illegal. 
You're likely right about that.  ;)
But its time Fedor get's his ass in the cage and dukes it out with the UFC's best. Lot's of good heavyweight fights to be made. Arlovski, Gonzaga, Couture...Fedor should fight them all.

Fedor is the man, but if he continues to fight the best he will likely lose one day. NO ONE is invincible, and an eventual loss wouldn't take away from his greatness.
!

canadaphiliac

• Getbig III
« Reply #148 on: April 22, 2007, 06:57:53 PM »
You're likely right about that.  ;)
But its time Fedor get's his ass in the cage and dukes it out with the UFC's best. Lot's of good heavyweight fights to be made. Arlovski, Gonzaga, Couture...Fedor should fight them all.

Fedor is the man, but if he continues to fight the best he will likely lose one day. NO ONE is invincible, and an eventual loss wouldn't take away from his greatness.
Arlovski is unbelievably overrated. His last fight against Fabricio Werdum was boring as crap. Gonzaga got lucky. Very, very lucky. Now, Captain America, can't argue that, he is The Man.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: April 22, 2007, 08:16:07 PM »
Arlovski is unbelievably overrated. His last fight against Fabricio Werdum was boring as crap. Gonzaga got lucky. Very, very lucky. Now, Captain America, can't argue that, he is The Man.
Luck is the residue of preparation and design, my friend.  ;) Taking CroCop down and busting Mirko's face up with multiple elbows followed by knocking him unconcious with a kick to the head ain't "luck", son. He literally whupped CroCop's ass.  :P

You can say this or that guy is boring, overrated...whatever. But in any given fight one of these guys may beat Fedor. Maybe one of the guys I mentioned, maybe Brandon Vera...who knows? I'm just saying NO man is unbeatable in mma. 2007 is proving that.

You are touting Randy as "The Man", and I agree. But was he "The Man" or "The Old Man" in your eyes after his two straight losses to the Iceman? Tell the truth and don't be a phony.
!