Author Topic: Any pointers?  (Read 3519 times)

Xerxes

Any pointers?
« on: April 23, 2007, 04:12:51 PM »

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
Re: Any pointers?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 04:16:55 PM »
Do some dips mate. Looking alright...

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 04:18:25 PM »
dude, you're what 16?
don't try to put on too much too fast.  yeah, you're a skinny vagina, but eat right and lift weights and the size will come.  trust me, after about age 20, you won't want to get as big as possible as soon as possible.
Deep Tissue Massage

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 04:18:50 PM »
Work more lats and yer set.

Wide lats and thin waist ALWAYS look good.
Q

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 04:19:12 PM »
if you dont got it dont flex it

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • "Some want to look good, others want to do good."
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 04:22:21 PM »
epic fatgains? I expect shittalk anyway.. If you are nice enough to give some constructive critism, please do.

How can anyone give you pointers when you did not explain your goal...get bigger? get more defined? get stronger? all of the above...good luck on that last one. =P
$

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 04:25:56 PM »
Do grip training once a week. Always. 5-6 sets of various things, do pinch gripping with plates and other things. Search the net for grip training and you'll get an idea.

And only do reverse grip curls for forearms. The grip training will take care of the rest.

Other than that: Focus on the big lift: Squats.

Make an effort to get a good lifting technique, all the way down where your hammies LITERALLY touches your calves. Start off with a lighter weight, don't worry bout the weight, just make sure you know what the hell you are doing when you are squatting.

And oh, don't use a belt when squatting. You want to get your abs involved.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007, 04:27:27 PM »
Bigger yes.

Train hard 3-4 times a week, eat tons of protein, and add cardio so you do not get any fatter...if you are not on drugs that is. If you are, than fo whatever and you will get bigger anyway. =P
$

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2007, 04:39:58 PM »
Train legs alot, lots o squats.

Get legs big like Crocop, do it reverse disco-style.

When i was young, we were afraid of doing squats, since everyone said you would stop growing.

Watching all the short weightlifters, i believed that.

But huge legs reverse disco-style will look good and powerful on anyone.
Q

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2007, 04:50:56 PM »
Train legs alot, lots o squats.

Get legs big like Crocop, do it reverse disco-style.

When i was young, we were afraid of doing squats, since everyone said you would stop growing.

Watching all the short weightlifters, i believed that.

But huge legs reverse disco-style will look good and powerful on anyone.

FYI...squating makes your entire body grow, not just your legs. Squats are the number one exercise for expanding your rib cage...tiny rib cage = tiny chest and torso. I know you are trying to be funny, but this is actaully good advice...squat hard and you will grow.
$

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2007, 04:58:19 PM »
epic fatgains? I expect shittalk anyway.. If you are nice enough to give some constructive critism, please do.
dude dont worry about getting fat it will go away.what you need to be concerned about right now is building a decent frame(no shit talk intended)i know your new to this and i really am telling you my honest opinion

spend a year or two just killing the iron and then worry about leaning out

bench

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2007, 05:09:58 PM »
Disregard any advice here suggesting specialization or emphasis on certain muscles, you're barely started.

It's simple and basic. The rest is up to your desire & genetics; change won't be maximized without the intensity needed to force change.

-Solid workout routine involving progressive resistance for all major muscles. I like twice a week per muscle. Cardio at that age shouldn't be much of a concern unless you're fat, which i don't see. Do other activities like cardio or other sports on the side in addition to weights and you'll get into good shape with some intensity in the gym.

-Good amount of protein & rest.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2007, 05:15:06 PM »
I try but when summertime arrives, you just want thos abs for the beach. Do you think you can add muscle while being at 10-12% bf? Im guessing im at 16-17% in thos pics.
you can gain muscle at any bodyfat level,i have abs all year around(not pretty at moments but still there ;D) and i still gain plenty of muscle

bench

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2007, 05:19:15 PM »
Eat LOTS of good food. Bench squat Deadlift. FInd some powerlifters and get strong.
Detail it w/ BBing techniques.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2007, 05:24:33 PM »
Eat LOTS of good food. Bench squat Deadlift. FInd some powerlifters and get strong.
Detail it w/ BBing techniques.
thats all i do,and i am kickass ;D

bench

canadaphiliac

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2007, 05:44:01 PM »
It may just be the body hair, but looks like inner chest could use some work.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2007, 05:50:18 PM »
Thanks guys, looks good. I actually like squatting, many of my friends skip leg day, or do other exercises, but I've always started with them on leg day.

Squats will put more meat on the body than ANYTHING else. (even add to upper bod development)
Dont lean too far forward IMO (even though many of the strongest PLers use that form).

When ya get to some respectable poundages, might try out some INZER kneewraps for a heaviest set now and then.
Wraps and a bench shirt allow guy to handle heavier weight, this will carry over to your RAW (no wraps, shirts, suit)
lifts. NOt ALL Plers are fat, but all good PLers do have some decent muscle under that fat.

canadaphiliac

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2007, 07:07:04 PM »
Yes, its both.  ;D
Ah, I know how THAT goes.  :-[

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2007, 02:47:46 PM »
Disregard any advice here suggesting specialization or emphasis on certain muscles, you're barely started.

It's simple and basic. The rest is up to your desire & genetics; change won't be maximized without the intensity needed to force change.

-Solid workout routine involving progressive resistance for all major muscles. I like twice a week per muscle. Cardio at that age shouldn't be much of a concern unless you're fat, which i don't see. Do other activities like cardio or other sports on the side in addition to weights and you'll get into good shape with some intensity in the gym.

-Good amount of protein & rest.

That's what I said too...train hard, eat lots of protein, do some cardio for your health, and I forgot to add ...rest.
$

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2007, 05:49:00 PM »
Eat a good amount but not too much that you get fat like 90% of people at the gym

benjamin pearson

• Getbig IV
  • Dan18 has a huge forehead
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2007, 05:55:08 PM »
your small but look good for 17 for sure..... dont put on too much fat especially if natural..... just be consistant

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2007, 06:34:05 PM »
No pointers. Looks ok. You're young. Just keep it up for another 4-5 years. You'll be good.

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2007, 11:28:36 AM »
your small but look good for 17 for sure..... dont put on too much fat especially if natural..... just be consistant

This is the best advice you can get, be consistent.

Slintowin

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • I saw you just the other day my how you have grow
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2007, 10:48:00 AM »
Good development for 16 dont worry about how you look just keep doing what your doing

overcome

• Getbig II
  • Size comes with strength, strength comes from pain
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2007, 06:13:12 PM »
I try but when summertime arrives, you just want thos abs for the beach. Do you think you can add muscle while being at 10-12% bf? Im guessing im at 16-17% in thos pics.

no your not, i would guess about 13-14%, but then again thats not the greatest pic to guess from.
you suck at life...