Author Topic: PRAYER REQUESTS  (Read 225975 times)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Re: PRAYER REQUESTS
« Reply #75 on: June 05, 2008, 01:10:33 PM »
Please pray for my friend who recently lost a loved one and also had a frightening car accident.

Please pray for the families and friends of Amanda Sevall and Dave Jacobs.
R

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: June 08, 2008, 10:13:56 AM »
Please pray for my friend who recently lost a loved one and also had a frightening car accident.

Please pray for the families and friends of Amanda Sevall and Dave Jacobs.
sorry to hear about your friends loss ill pray for her and amanda and dave...any word on your other friend?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: June 08, 2008, 10:15:36 AM »
one of my brothers really good friends committed suicide the other day pls pray for him and his family and my brother as well as he is taking it kinda hard.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2008, 06:28:10 AM »
sorry to hear about your friends loss ill pray for her and amanda and dave...any word on your other friend?
She is going to be tested again in another 5 weeks or so.  If it hasn't changed or is worse, I think they plan to schedule surgery for removal of the ovary. 

Thanks tony

one of my brothers really good friends committed suicide the other day pls pray for him and his family and my brother as well as he is taking it kinda hard.
:( Of course I will pray.
R

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #79 on: June 09, 2008, 06:30:45 AM »
sorry to ask, but why did he kill himself??

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: June 09, 2008, 10:47:18 AM »
sorry to ask, but why did he kill himself??
your welcome stella and thank you too

its ok blade, while its not quite clear as to why he was due in court the next morning on assualt charges with a possible 2-20 yrs if convicted but my brother was with him that night and said he seemed fine...he was a nice guy always sent my brother home with bbq for our family but always seemed to be getting in trouble in and out of jail, dwi, drugs and stuff the sad part is he had money coming to him from his mom when he turned a certain age enough to do something with himself and he had gotten married not to long ago.

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: June 19, 2008, 06:02:53 AM »
a friend of mine just died from leukemia. prayers for him and his family would be greatly apreciated

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: June 19, 2008, 07:04:43 AM »
a friend of mine just died from leukemia. prayers for him and his family would be greatly apreciated
Of course blinky.  I'm sorry about your friend :( 
R

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: June 19, 2008, 07:16:35 AM »
Yeah, Me too :-[

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: June 19, 2008, 07:44:06 AM »

Yeah, Me too :-[

thanx guys. its been a tough last 2 days.
at least hes in a better place now

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: June 24, 2008, 05:43:27 AM »
  Flower would like a prayer request for her friend Dennis who is losing his battle with cancer.

Dennis had breast cancer 2 years ago that has now spread and is untreatable.  He will be going to hospice later this week.  Dennis a man that is an honor to be called his friend.  He has a beautiful loving family who are just like him.  If there ever was someone who did not deserve this, Dennis is that person.  They are a family with faith, so please pray that they all find peace and can get through this.      Thank you. 

And please remember that breast cancer is not just a female disease, so guys please do self exams, and ladies remind your men to do them.
R

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #86 on: June 24, 2008, 02:55:13 PM »
My sympathies to you Blinky :-[

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #87 on: July 02, 2008, 10:42:37 AM »
Just learned that Ron, a man I do business with who is also a friend, was diagnosed with sarcoma.  Inoperable.  He is terminal.  Going through chemotherapy and praying for a miracle.  He is a good man.  We're praying for a miracle.  Please pray for him. 

Un update on my friend Ron.  He lost over 80 pounds of good weight, but the cancer has spread.  He tried radiation, which shrunk the main tumor, but it has now spread to his lungs and abdomen.  He's going out on medical disability at the end of September to spend time with his family before he becomes completely disabled.  I will hate to see him leave but it looks like the cancer is taking over his body.  It's weird because he feels better than at any point in his life, except for the pain the tumor causes when he walks.  He also has an amazing outlook and is in high spirits. 

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: July 02, 2008, 10:44:24 AM »
Thanks for the update Beach...and the reminder I will pray.
R

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: July 02, 2008, 10:46:13 AM »
Thanks Stella.   :)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: July 18, 2008, 06:26:07 AM »
Flower's friend Dennis has passed.  Please pray for his family and friends. 

Please pray for my friend w/the ovary issues.  She is going to have a procedure within the next couple weeks. 

Thanks!

R

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #91 on: July 18, 2008, 03:52:41 PM »

Please pray for my friend w/the ovary issues.  She is going to have a procedure within the next couple weeks. 

Thanks!

Sorry to hear about the flower's loss... Good will to you and your friend, Stella.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: July 18, 2008, 07:40:30 PM »

Thanks!

Sorry to hear that.  I'll pray for his family. 

Will pray for your friend too. 

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: July 25, 2008, 02:16:31 PM »
Please pray for Laura Lee who has just been diagnosed with cancer :( 

Please pray that the cancer has not spread to the lymph nodes yet.

Thank you everyone.
R

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: July 25, 2008, 02:20:15 PM »
Please pray for Laura Lee who has just been diagnosed with cancer :( 

Please pray that the cancer has not spread to the lymph nodes yet.

Thank you everyone.
WTF? Im sorry to hear that, her and Mike will definately be in my prayers.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #95 on: August 16, 2008, 05:26:33 AM »
Please pray that thousands of people in the third world don't starve to death today (which they inevitably will)...

Always strange that only wealthy Western people with cancer get prayers and the people whose entire existence has been living hell from cradle to grave get none here. Strange indeed.
I hate the State.

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #96 on: August 16, 2008, 05:32:09 AM »
I pray that deicide gets some gains from all that time he spends in the gym since he doesnt look like he even lifts
X

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: August 16, 2008, 07:54:36 AM »
Please pray that thousands of people in the third world don't starve to death today (which they inevitably will)...

Always strange that only wealthy Western people with cancer get prayers and the people whose entire existence has been living hell from cradle to grave get none here. Strange indeed.
STrange indeed that you once again presume to know what people think about.  Just because there are specific prayer requests posted here does not mean they are the only things people pray about.
R

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #98 on: August 16, 2008, 08:55:19 AM »
STrange indeed that you once again presume to know what people think about.  Just because there are specific prayer requests posted here does not mean they are the only things people pray about.

I have none of the pretensions of moral superiority that Christians have, nor for that matter do I believe that prayers have an iota of effect on anything. There's as much evidence for their effectiveness as there is for birthday wishes made whilst closing your eyes and blowing out the candles, i.e. zero. But if people are going to believe in such things and claim the mantle of the virtuous Christian, they should be 'praying' for those whose entire lives, from cradle to grave, have consisted of nothing but pain, hardship, discomfort and endless struggle. There should be massive prayer requests for millions of people in subsaharan Africa; alas there is nothing of the sort to be seen. Why is your deity so concerned with some wealthy person from Hawaii or Florida and not with the many suffering people in the third world, if the desire and effectiveness of prayer are to be believed?

I merely wish to point out the selfcentredness and hypocrisy of many Christians, whose prayers (it can be readily inferred) tend to only concern themselves or some close affiliate of themselves.
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #99 on: August 16, 2008, 08:59:46 AM »
I pray that deicide gets some gains from all that time he spends in the gym since he doesnt look like he even lifts

::)

When incapable of answering a challenging question, resort to an irrelevant ad hominem attack; typical Christian tactic.

Go back and reread what I wrote as well as my response to Stella.
I hate the State.