Author Topic: Interesting facts about p=Pat Tillman.  (Read 5307 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Interesting facts about p=Pat Tillman.
« on: April 27, 2007, 11:27:02 PM »
He voted for Kerry.
He read chomsky.
He and his family were athiests.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
Re: Interesting facts about p=Pat Tillman.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 09:27:04 AM »
And he was a hero.

Who else would give up fame, fortune and adulation to risk their life fighting for what they believe in? I'm guessing almost no one.

He was a true hero.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 01:17:23 PM »
He voted for Kerry.
He read chomsky.

It's sad the army used his death to try and get more recruits.. Spin the cover up which ever way you want it, but it's obvious...

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2007, 02:05:38 PM »
It wasn't so much the recruiting thing because they/we didn't use him because he didn't want much publicity. We did however screw up huge after he was killed.
L

Purge_WTF

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2007, 08:24:16 AM »
He voted for Kerry.
He read chomsky.

Bill Maher talked about this on his show Friday night. All things considering, I'm surprised that Bush and his lackeys exalted Tillman the way they did. I mean, after all, what true American doesn't believe in God or support Bush?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2007, 08:30:41 AM »

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2007, 11:55:17 AM »
He voted for Kerry.
He read chomsky.

Just becuase he read Chomsky doesn't mean he endorsed what he read. Tillman was known for being varied in what he did and read. He couldn't be pigeonholed.
The House that Ruth built

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2007, 12:39:03 PM »
Just becuase he read Chomsky doesn't mean he endorsed what he read. Tillman was known for being varied in what he did and read. He couldn't be pigeonholed.

The so called conservatives in this country tried to spin him off as a jebus freak solider boy that didn't question and followed. We know now that wasn't the case.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2007, 03:29:03 PM »
The so called conservatives in this country tried to spin him off as a jebus freak solider boy that didn't question and followed. We know now that wasn't the case.

Anyone who really knew who Tillman was knew he was his own thinker. He didn't fit into any mold
The House that Ruth built

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2007, 09:09:56 PM »
He voted for Kerry.
He read chomsky.
He was also against going to war with Iraq...  When these things came up, I definitly thought it could have been a little more than an accident.  happens all the time even if people say it doesn't, it does...

New news today showing he was likely shot at close range.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070727/ap_on_re_us/tillman_friendly_fire

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2007, 09:55:59 PM »

Ditto. Never would have guessed he read Chomsky without getting more facts from the Buck's Offices Nemesis...The Intranet.

SuperNatural

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2007, 11:22:10 PM »
He voted for Kerry.
He read chomsky.

Pat Tillman died April 22, 2004.  The elections didn't take place until November 2nd, 2004.  Am I missing something here?   ???

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2007, 12:24:57 AM »
Pat Tillman died April 22, 2004.  The elections didn't take place until November 2nd, 2004.  Am I missing something here?   ???
In the Primary.  He urged votes for Kerry or so it is told..  Misleading I know as it sounds like it is said he voted for Kerry in the election.  The originating source for this is Bill Maher.

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2007, 06:00:20 AM »
And he was a hero.

Who else would give up fame, fortune and adulation to risk their life fighting for what they believe in? I'm guessing almost no one.

He was a true hero.

a counter argument would be that he wasn't giving much up since his family was financially set for life...while guys who have no money, a wife and kids and no financial windfall possibilities in the future (like tillman had when he returned to football) were and still are giving up much, much more and getting little to no recognition....
footloose and fancy free

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2007, 09:07:02 AM »

lol.  Not the facts again.   :)

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2007, 09:59:29 AM »

a counter argument would be that he wasn't giving much up since his family was financially set for life...while guys who have no money, a wife and kids and no financial windfall possibilities in the future (like tillman had when he returned to football) were and still are giving up much, much more and getting little to no recognition....

You'll notice I said "fame, fortune and adulation". He walked away from the NFL, which means for 16 Sundays every Fall he had people essentially worshipping him. There's a whole lot more to being and NFL player than strictly the money. He also walked away at a time when his career earnings weren't comparatively high compared to many other NFL players. Money could have easily still been a motivator for him. As it is with so many other athletes.

I can name many players who are financially set for 5 lifetimes yet still play the system for every dollar they can possibly get. There's no bigger example of that than A-Rod. The man and every relative he's ever had will never spend all the money he's made yet at the end of this year he's going to opt out of a contract paying him more than $25 million a year so that his salary will increase.

I'll say it again, Tillman walking away from fame, fortune and adulation to fight for his country makes him a hero and proves the strength of his character.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2007, 10:04:25 AM »
I think it does too..not sure why that point is up for debate. Tillman did a very brave thing and he should be alllowed to rest in peace. Neither side needs to hijack his service or his death to make a point or for political gain.
L

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2007, 12:55:53 PM »
I respect Tillman. He was a selfless man.

But the news about how his fellow soliders might have killed him is beyond disturbing. It's bad enough that the Army got caught with one cover up, let's just say another would be certain disaster.

I'm not gonna say Pat Tillman died in vain. Sure he died for his country and for the benefit of hiw fellow americans. But the causes that made him sign up weren't really valid. He risked his life and died for a selfish government that didn't give a rat's ass about him or his family. That's the truth and I don't care if it offends people.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2007, 03:13:22 PM »
lol.  Not the facts again.   :)
You want facts, Pat Tillman was shot with three rounds to the forehead...

Here's your facts,... :D

"Tillman never bought into the official line on Iraq, at one point, according to a San Francisco Chronicle article published nearly a year and half after his death, telling fellow Rangers fighting in Iraq that the war was, “so fucking illegal.” Tillman’s mother clarified, explaining that her son believed the Afghanistan war was justified by the September 11th attacks, but adding, “Pat was very critical of the whole Iraq War.”

"He was also critical of the Bush agenda. A close friend told The Chronicle, “That’s who he was—he totally was against Bush.” Another friend, who served with him, recalled how Tillman admonished fellow Rangers to vote Bush out of office in the upcoming presidential election." :D :D :D :D

"Tillman, we now know, was also in contact with one of his favorite authors—America’s leading intellectual dissident, Noam Chomsky. According The Chronicle, Tillman had set up a meeting with Chomsky, to take place when he returned from Afghanistan, where he eventually finally wound up after serving his tour in Iraq."

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2007, 03:21:41 PM »
I think it does too..not sure why that point is up for debate. Tillman did a very brave thing and he should be alllowed to rest in peace. Neither side needs to hijack his service or his death to make a point or for political gain.
He was most likely killed because of his political views but you already know this to be most likely true...  If you were saying the things he was saying, would you truly be shocked when that M16 was pointed in your face?  I would have been expecting it... Common belief is that those who are murdered rest in peace a hell of a lot better when their murder is solved...  Maybe this time, the media is doing a good thing in not dropping it...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2007, 04:30:32 PM »
You want facts, Pat Tillman was shot with three rounds to the forehead...

Here's your facts,... :D

"Tillman never bought into the official line on Iraq, at one point, according to a San Francisco Chronicle article published nearly a year and half after his death, telling fellow Rangers fighting in Iraq that the war was, “so fucking illegal.” Tillman’s mother clarified, explaining that her son believed the Afghanistan war was justified by the September 11th attacks, but adding, “Pat was very critical of the whole Iraq War.”

"He was also critical of the Bush agenda. A close friend told The Chronicle, “That’s who he was—he totally was against Bush.” Another friend, who served with him, recalled how Tillman admonished fellow Rangers to vote Bush out of office in the upcoming presidential election." :D :D :D :D

"Tillman, we now know, was also in contact with one of his favorite authors—America’s leading intellectual dissident, Noam Chomsky. According The Chronicle, Tillman had set up a meeting with Chomsky, to take place when he returned from Afghanistan, where he eventually finally wound up after serving his tour in Iraq."

Okaaay.  So some story alleges that someone heard that Tillman was going to set up a meeting with Chomsky.  I guess you could call those "facts." 

A legit fact is Tillman couldn't have voted for Kerry in November, because he was dead when Kerry lost the election.  That's what I was talking about.  And I bet if I cared enough to check into it I'd probably find that he and his family were not atheists (but I don't care).     

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2007, 06:10:23 PM »
If his fellow soliders killed him then it's a fucking shame.

I feel bad for his family.. Can't have their boy rest in peace, nor can they ever escape his tainted legacy.

Fuck the government.

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2007, 07:04:45 PM »
You'll notice I said "fame, fortune and adulation". He walked away from the NFL, which means for 16 Sundays every Fall he had people essentially worshipping him. There's a whole lot more to being and NFL player than strictly the money. He also walked away at a time when his career earnings weren't comparatively high compared to many other NFL players. Money could have easily still been a motivator for him. As it is with so many other athletes.

I can name many players who are financially set for 5 lifetimes yet still play the system for every dollar they can possibly get. There's no bigger example of that than A-Rod. The man and every relative he's ever had will never spend all the money he's made yet at the end of this year he's going to opt out of a contract paying him more than $25 million a year so that his salary will increase.

I'll say it again, Tillman walking away from fame, fortune and adulation to fight for his country makes him a hero and proves the strength of his character.

hey..all i am saying is that guys do it everyday and they don't get any of the same recognition pat tillman did...he joined up just like everyone else...and died like all the other 3500 who died and don't get one ounce of ink about their deaths.  fame, fortune, adulation or not...

i can't fault a player for playing for all the money they can get..owners make millions and millions..why shouldn't the guys who put the asses in the seats?

joe blow signing up and fighting is just as great hero and of great character....just because he played pro football it doesn't make it any more patriotic than anyone else signing up...

besides..this is such a tired subject..if the supposedly so smart pat tillman or his family thought he'd be treated any differently than the rest of the men and women who serve then he was and his family is pretty damn naive and need to learn a little about life in the military...they don't give flying fuck who you are. 

his family wants the truth...they got it..he was fragged..end of story---

footloose and fancy free

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2007, 07:11:50 PM »
Okaaay.  So some story alleges that someone heard that Tillman was going to set up a meeting with Chomsky.  I guess you could call those "facts." 

A legit fact is Tillman couldn't have voted for Kerry in November, because he was dead when Kerry lost the election.  That's what I was talking about.  And I bet if I cared enough to check into it I'd probably find that he and his family were not atheists (but I don't care).     
yes,it is a fact that these stories by these people were told...  yes that is a fact...  These stories come from close friends and family, fact...  Just a tad above the status of, "some story alleges someone heard"  ::) Could they be liars... Sure, but I hightly doubt the image dipicted from seperate close sources provide an inaccurate deptiction of his beliefs...   Oh and don't forget... yes it is now very fact... Three goddamned bullet holes in his forehead :-\

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2007, 07:31:54 PM »

i'm not saying what he did wasn't honorable..but it was no more honorable than what you did when you signed up way back---the way the news portrayed it marginalized it for everyone who did it for the same reasons pat tillman did it,  but didn't play professional sports.
footloose and fancy free