Author Topic: I havent worked out in 3 weeks! In need of fellow members advice.  (Read 2314 times)

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
I got an upper tooth pulled 3 weeks ago.  3 days later, my wife came home with a cold, and of course I got it.  That in turn, turned into a sinus infection.  I have to run my business, but after work, my head feels like its gonna explode from the pressure.  Headache, blowin my brains out of my nose.  Have already took penicillin, avelox with little results.  Should I hit the gym anyway?  Or just wait it out for a couple more days to see if I get better.  I don't want to end up all fu**&ed up and out for 2 months or so.  I hear sinus infections can last that long.  Oh yeah, I have no more vicoden for the pain, so it makes it that much worse.

Discuss
Most are all show no go!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: I havent worked out in 3 weeks! In need of fellow members advice.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 07:54:41 AM »
ephedra will give you energy, cut you up a bit, and fix those sinuses.

maybe try ECA as a kick in the pants.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 07:58:50 AM »
ephedra will give you energy, cut you up a bit, and fix those sinuses.

maybe try ECA as a kick in the pants.

I'm with you when you're right!   ;D

Dr. D

• Getbig III
  • Vince and Derek: Match made in GetBig Heaven!
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2007, 08:10:30 AM »
Just rest to you are healthy again. You will always get the muscle back. Training while sick will only make it worse.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2007, 10:34:25 AM »
I'd just take some decent walks or bike rides each day, maybe a half hour to hour. Keeping active without stressing until the situation's improved. Being outdoors with some mild activity will help physically and mentally. The extra days off will make no difference in terms of training, the break's good for the central nervous system and the workouts once you're better again will be worth the wait. Trying to work out in the condition described is pointless.

When you DO go back, take it a little easier the first couple of workouts; no need to push to full maximum until aclimated. Being excessively sore from diving back in the very first day back won't help anything.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 02:12:50 AM »
i agree with pumpster, better to take a few more days off. most people dont take enough rest as it is, might as well use situations like this to do something completely different for a while before getting back at it
Z