Author Topic: Arthroscopic knee surgery? Anyone had it?  (Read 2979 times)

babydoc

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Arthroscopic knee surgery? Anyone had it?
« on: April 30, 2007, 10:43:46 AM »
Anyone had personal experience with going back to training after arthroscopic knee surgery?  I am looking at a possible meniscus and ACL repair.  I know 6 weeks is about average, but how long was it before you really felt you could 100% go back to full out training (cardio, legs)?  Thanks.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
Re: Arthroscopic knee surgery? Anyone had it?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 03:02:53 PM »
i had an ACL replacement 2 weeks ago.

you won't be running or lifting heavy weights for 3 months. the doc says i'll be 100% in 6-8 months but i had a full ACL replacement.

do a quick google on "ACL replacement physical therapy"

8)

Rhino290

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 03:42:39 PM »
that's it...keep trying to control me. like I said....karma....it's a bitch

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 03:44:58 PM »
that's it...keep trying to control me. like I said....karma....it's a bitch

Huh?

spotter

• Getbig III
  • Off the Hook
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 05:07:28 PM »
Anyone had personal experience with going back to training after arthroscopic knee surgery?  I am looking at a possible meniscus and ACL repair.  I know 6 weeks is about average, but how long was it before you really felt you could 100% go back to full out training (cardio, legs)?  Thanks.

I had it @10 yrs. ago. Its about 3 - 6 wks. for full recovery.... I think it felt better after 4 weeks.  I had physical therapy for @ 2-3 months after surgery.   Good luck!

fromfattoliving

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2007, 09:08:31 AM »
I have had some major surgeries on my knee and the ACL was by far the easiest one! But as far as getting back it all depends on you, some people lay around for weeks after an ACL (seen it with my own eyes) others walk the next day, so just make sure that you follow all instructions and most protocols say 3 months before lifting again for an ACL but talk to your therapist because they have the most experience, plus (unlike your doctor) they will be able to see your day to day progress