Author Topic: PBW: NY PREVIEW (Plus: BB.com Founder Ryan DeLuca) - "Listen Now"  (Read 5974 times)

Benito Mutumbo

• Getbig IV
Re: Pro BBing weekly - play by play with Ryan Deluca
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2007, 05:38:04 PM »
I'm not sure why he wants to get into bed with the Weider's.  He has a great thing going without steering out in that direction...

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2007, 06:07:01 PM »
Why so hard on the weiders jock?.... doesnt make sense.
-

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2007, 06:10:26 PM »
I'm not sure why he wants to get into bed with the Weider's.  He has a great thing going without steering out in that direction...

Joe is retired and Ben has passed the torch to Raphael Santonya...what are you talking about?

Benito Mutumbo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2007, 06:16:57 PM »
What are you talking about, Bob?

Weider's is a generic term for the company that they founded.  it's irrelevant whether they passed any torch.  It's imo a bad idea for Mr. DeLuca to be doing business with them.

I'll use Mr. DeLuca's own words: "It's like rival television networks"

And we all know that the major networks get along together so well.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2007, 06:19:56 PM »
What are you talking about, Bob?

Weider's is a generic term for the company that they founded.  it's irrelevant whether they passed any torch.  It's imo a bad idea for Mr. DeLuca to be doing business with them.I'll use Mr. DeLuca's own words: "It's like rival television networks"

And we all know that the major networks get along together so well.

Why?

Benito Mutumbo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2007, 06:27:15 PM »
imo Mr. DeLuca has a great thing going.  He has a solid reputation....and he has worked hard to obtain that reputation.  Whether you will admit it or not...there's a taint of dubious business ethics & practices that have emerge from the Weider empire over the decades.  Maybe they've cleaned up their act...it's irrelevant. 

They need him more than he needs them.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2007, 06:54:12 PM »
Whether you will admit it or not...there's a taint of dubious business ethics & practices that have emerge from the Weider empire over the decades.
According to whom?

Bodybuilding.com's relationship building is helping the industry and you want to complain?

Stick to basketball Mutumbo.
Elevate Your Image.™

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
#

Benito Mutumbo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2007, 07:01:40 PM »
Bodybuilding.com's relationship building is helping the industry and you want to complain?

How is it helping the industry? No one is complaining about 'relationship building'. 

People are questioning whether it's wise for Mr. DeLuca to crawl in the pits with the snakes.

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
Well...it's like this...I make a shitload of money, travel all over,and represent the #1 company in the industry as their official spokesman, filming, making appearances, webcasting pro BB shows, and co hosting PBBW.

HOW YOU DOING?

LOL,
When I saw this "line" it made me think of that  euphemesim.   In the tri state area(NY,NJ,CT) and affliates of Wendy Williams Radio show.
"how YOU doin..."  is the line to imply that someone is on the " downlow".

Apropos in BB.
Sandra

AVBG

Re: PBW: NY PREVIEW (Plus: BB.com Founder Ryan DeLuca) - "Listen Now"
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2007, 03:16:45 PM »
I just finished listening to the replay of the show and was impressed with the vision for Bodybuilding that Ryan Deluca shared with PBW. The future of bodybuilding looks to be in good hands with the likes of Ryan Deluca in charge.

What I'd like to see is the eventual buy-out of the Weider publications by bb.com (which would be advanced research press' biggest fear).