Author Topic: deads back to back days?  (Read 1018 times)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
deads back to back days?
« on: May 05, 2007, 06:57:30 AM »
Yesterday I did sldl's for legs and rack deads today for my back.. are there those of us that do this on a regular basis? I did it today because I was told to train how I feel so I went with it and wanted to pull again. Could a steady diet of this easily lead to over training if done twice a week?  ???

Redwingenator

• Getbig II
Re: deads back to back days?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 11:45:13 AM »
It is best to give any area a rest for at least day between workouts.  Working out based on how you feel is not bad advise because if you feel like working an area on consecutive days it might mean you didn't work hard enough the first day.  Everyone is unique and they respond to different weight/reps/frequency/volume of workouts/intensity.  Keep good logs and if you see that you are not increasing your strength every 2 weeks reassess your workout.  Your style of routine takes weeks/months/years to develop.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2007, 12:00:09 PM »
it's why I asked. I felt even more powerful AFTER the fact and peformance showed it. The more I worm over it the more I think it alone wasn't a bad thing but over time could lead to problems. Maybe the shock factor alone is what I needed. Either way. I was curious as to wether or not this was common or not since not many here post workout logs. I keep a running one for both myself and for others to view off of for ideas, etc.

Redwingenator

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 01:47:34 PM »
Do what works for you.  Depending on your familiarity with doing deadlifts it could be that you had a better idea how to perform the exercise the second day.  It could also be that you were not focused on day 1 and really focused day 2.  Muscles grow when you rest, if you don't rest it is hard for them to grow.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 10:02:19 AM »
I would put at least 2-3 rest days between it unless you are doing extremely light weight or low volume.

i do SLDL on leg day on tuesday and regular deads on back day friday. never had a problem.

8)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 01:25:09 PM »
I'm just sticking with my sldl's twice a week when I do my legs. They seem to be moving up in numbers anyway. Especially when I don't let the weights get in my head and puss out.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2007, 01:31:34 PM »
I'm just sticking with my sldl's twice a week when I do my legs. They seem to be moving up in numbers anyway. Especially when I don't let the weights get in my head and puss out.

Are you removing regular deadlifts completely?

They are one of the best exercises for back, traps, grip, glutes and hamstrings. after some heavy floor deadlifts my hams are usually sore for a few days.

8)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2007, 01:37:16 PM »
Are you removing regular deadlifts completely?

They are one of the best exercises for back, traps, grip, glutes and hamstrings. after some heavy floor deadlifts my hams are usually sore for a few days.

8)

Well when I pull (not off the floor but 6in off it in the rack) I put a slight bend in my knees to tighten up the hams and pull from there. I go heavy enough that I bomb the hell out of my legs and lock it out and finish with the lean and shrug for the traps. Check out my workout log from today, I think I do enough on two days worth to count for something. :P

I will get back to pulling from the floor in a few more weeks. I just like so many other back exercises that if I'm already pulling, I can focus on the other exercises I'm weaker in.