Author Topic: How Can A Church Endorse Homosexual Marriage  (Read 10784 times)

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
Re: How Can A Church Endorse Homosexual Marriage
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2007, 08:57:27 PM »
Hey Beach, what would you do if a fag touched your old ass while in church?  :D

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2007, 10:15:58 PM »

I think it's more likely that Bum is the old fag in church doing the touching

I base this on nothing other than the fact that I think it's obvious and crystal clear

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2007, 11:23:16 PM »
Bum - I don't expect you to convince me of anything on this subject

The problem isn't that I don't "like" your answers.  The problem is that your answers objectively don't work.

If I ask you what's 2+2 and you say "blue" it's clear you've given me an answer but it's irrelevant

At this point I'm not really sure if you can even understand that

I'm not going to repeat myself again but I do get the feeling this is either a gag on your part or you're (no offense) a box of rocks.   

lol.  Dude you just don't get it.  I don't need to convince you that I'm comfortable with my opinion. 

Hey here is a question I promise to answer:  "Does Beach Bum really care what Straw Man thinks?"  Go ahead, ask me.   :) 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2007, 11:25:59 PM »

If and when that happens, on the day is snows in Honolulu, I'll let you know.   :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2007, 11:27:58 PM »
I think it's more likely that Bum is the old fag in church doing the touching

I base this on nothing other than the fact that I think it's obvious and crystal clear

My recommendation for you (though it may be a tad over your head):

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Idiots-Guide-Bible-Third/dp/1592573894/ref=pd_bbs_2/104-0316134-7265524?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1178691982&sr=1-2

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2007, 11:58:09 PM »
lol.  Dude you just don't get it.  I don't need to convince you that I'm comfortable with my opinion

Hey here is a question I promise to answer:  "Does Beach Bum really care what Straw Man thinks?"  Go ahead, ask me.   :) 

Glad to see you finally acknowledge that all you've presented is your subjective opinion and nothing more

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2007, 12:00:18 AM »
My recommendation for you (though it may be a tad over your head):

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Idiots-Guide-Bible-Third/dp/1592573894/ref=pd_bbs_2/104-0316134-7265524?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1178691982&sr=1-2

Bum you already know what I think about the bible but I do like the irony of the title

I assume this is where you acquired your wisdom

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2007, 12:31:49 AM »
Glad to see you finally acknowledge that all you've presented is your subjective opinion and nothing more

"lol.  Dude you just don't get it.  I don't need to convince you that I'm comfortable with [THE FACTS]. 

Hey here is a question I promise to answer:  'Does Beach Bum really care what Straw Man thinks?'  Go ahead, ask me."     

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2007, 09:35:36 AM »
"lol.  Dude you just don't get it.  I don't need to convince you that I'm comfortable with [THE FACTS]. 

Hey here is a question I promise to answer:  'Does Beach Bum really care what Straw Man thinks?'  Go ahead, ask me."     

Bum

I never said you did.

You're the one that keeps bringing it up

Frankly,  it's obvious and just common sense that you do care what I think.   

The more you deny it the more crystal clear it becomes.   

I don't really think you're gay.  You're probably just a little bit bi-curious. 

It's kind of a "gray area" for you and clearly bothers you.

It's really just common sense

Anyone can see this FACT

Have I mentioned it's obvious?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2007, 10:31:58 AM »
Bum

I never said you did.

You're the one that keeps bringing it up

Frankly,  it's obvious and just common sense that you do care what I think.   

The more you deny it the more crystal clear it becomes.   

I don't really think you're gay.  You're probably just a little bit bi-curious. 

It's kind of a "gray area" for you and clearly bothers you.

It's really just common sense

Anyone can see this FACT

Have I mentioned it's obvious?

YAWN.   ::) 

author=Straw Man
Yes - there are sections in the bible (some clear and some not so clear) that condemn homosexuality.   I'm agreeing with you on this so there is no need to debate it.  Just to be clear I'm agreeing that these quotes exist.  I'm not saying that I think they are valid.

author=Straw Man 

I've conceded that homosexualty is condemned in the bible - along with many many other things.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2007, 11:40:03 AM »
YAWN.   ::) 

Bum - all jokes aside, have you ever suffered a traumatic head injury?

Did you actually read the quotes of mine which you posted or are you just fascinated by the squiggly lines?

How many more times do you want to ride this merry-go-round?

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2007, 01:51:58 PM »
Perhaps the sinfulness spoken of in Sodom and Gomorrah was rape, and not homosexuality?

Owned.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2007, 04:43:27 PM »
Bum - all jokes aside, have you ever suffered a traumatic head injury?

Did you actually read the quotes of mine which you posted or are you just fascinated by the squiggly lines?

How many more times do you want to ride this merry-go-round?

My biggest handicap is repeatedly responding to idoitic internet questions.  But it can be quite entertaining.   :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2007, 04:44:29 PM »
Owned.

Or not:

7.  In the second to the last book of the Bible, there is a reminder that Sodom and Gomorrah, and other cities, were destroyed because of homosexuality:  "as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them in a similar manner to these, having given themselves over to sexual immorality and gone after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire."  Jude 1:7.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2007, 05:18:05 PM »
Or not:

7.  In the second to the last book of the Bible, there is a reminder that Sodom and Gomorrah, and other cities, were destroyed because of homosexuality:  "as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them in a similar manner to these, having given themselves over to sexual immorality and gone after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire."  Jude 1:7.

Of course let's not forget that Lot goes on to offer HIS TWO VIRGIN DAUGHTERS TO THIS MOB

"Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him and said, "No, my friends. Don't do this wicked thing.  Look, I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do what you like with them. But don't do anything to these men, for they have come under the protection of my roof."

Of course that's irrelevent to Beach Bum - he locates the one part of the story that condemns gays but finds the rest of the story meaningless.     

Bum - why don't you just cut and paste the parts of bible stories that you like and make your own new bible. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2007, 05:35:36 PM »
Along with the clear denunciation of homosexuality we have Lot offering up his virgin daughters to a angry sex crazed mob and nobody seems to have a problem with this?

All we seem to focus on in the homosexual issue and Lot gets no criticism and no lesson is learned from his action regarding his daughters.......

More un-divine behavior from the alleged "infallible word of God" in the bible.   ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2007, 07:54:59 PM »
Along with the clear denunciation of homosexuality we have Lot offering up his virgin daughters to a angry sex crazed mob and nobody seems to have a problem with this?

All we seem to focus on in the homosexual issue and Lot gets no criticism and no lesson is learned from his action regarding his daughters.......

More un-divine behavior from the alleged "infallible word of God" in the bible.   ::)

O.K.  What if we condemn Lot for offering up his daughters to a group of homosexual rapists.  How is that significant to the homosexual issue?  How is that significant at all?  Maybe he was just stupid.  There are numerous instances of various people in the Bible doing stupid stuff. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2007, 08:04:21 PM »
O.K.  What if we condemn Lot for offering up his daughters to a group of homosexual rapists.  How is that significant to the homosexual issue?  How is that significant at all?  Maybe he was just stupid.  There are numerous instances of various people in the Bible doing stupid stuff. 

My point is no one has condemned it, including the writers of the Bible, god or otherwise.

You are correct in saying that it is not relevant to the homosexuality issue outside of the transgression being ignored in the story.

but that's my point isn't?......it's un-divine and shows more of a cultural agenda than objectivity.  Very similar to modern day radical islamics who would rape a 12 year old girl for walking home with a boy by themselves from school to teach them a lesson.  Barbaric.....just like Lot offering his virgin daughters to a mob.

Very un-divine if you buy into the idea that every word of the bible is the "infallible word of God" 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2007, 08:05:01 PM »
O.K.  What if we condemn Lot for offering up his daughters to a group of homosexual rapists.  How is that significant to the homosexual issue?  How is that significant at all?  Maybe he was just stupidThere are numerous instances of various people in the Bible doing stupid stuff.  

have you ever considered it's all stupid?

how about there are some kernels of "truth" but it's mostly stupid?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2007, 08:16:51 PM »
My point is no one has condemned it, including the writers of the Bible, god or otherwise.

You are correct in saying that it is not relevant to the homosexuality issue outside of the transgression being ignored in the story.

but that's my point isn't?......it's un-divine and shows more of a cultural agenda than objectivity.  Very similar to modern day radical islamics who would rape a 12 year old girl for walking home with a boy by themselves from school to teach them a lesson.  Barbaric.....just like Lot offering his virgin daughters to a mob.

Very un-divine if you buy into the idea that every word of the bible is the "infallible word of God" 

Ozmo I don't see it that way.  Every act of an individual in the Bible isn't divine and every act, whether good or bad, isn't praised and/or condemned.  I think your point would carry more weight if God told Lot to offer his daughters up.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2007, 08:17:54 PM »
have you ever considered it's all stupid?

how about there are some kernels of "truth" but it's mostly stupid?

No. 

No. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2007, 08:21:51 PM »
Ozmo I don't see it that way.  Every act of an individual in the Bible isn't divine and every act, whether good or bad, is praised and/or condemned.  I think your point would carry more weight if God told Lot to offer his daughters up.   

Whether God tells Lot to do that or not doesn't change anything.  It's how the story is told and what's highlighted as sin "IF" you buy into the idea that "Every" word is the "infallable word of God".

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2007, 08:27:06 PM »
No. 

No. 

you need to seriously face up to the fact that you might be a certifiable idiot

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2007, 08:50:29 PM »
Whether God tells Lot to do that or not doesn't change anything.  It's how the story is told and what's highlighted as sin "IF" you buy into the idea that "Every" word is the "infallable word of God".

I get that?  I don't view Lot's actions any differently than any other person who made a mistake (assuming that's what it was).  For example, David committed a heinous act by sleeping with Bathsheba and then sending her husband off to die to cover up the fact he got her pregnant.  David's act doesn't make the Bible any less the "word of God," because David did something wrong. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2007, 08:53:54 PM »
you need to seriously face up to the fact that you might be a certifiable idiot

LOL.  In his continuing quest to rile Beach Bum, Straw Man continues to try and provoke him with various ridiculous, rambling comments.  Perhaps he will eventually figure out that he is wasting his time, even though his entertainment value is still good.  He gets an "F" for execution, but a "C" for effort.  Maybe he can improve his grades over time.   :)