Author Topic: Why does everything need to be about race in the US?  (Read 4247 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Re: Why does everything need to be about race in the US?
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2007, 08:34:33 PM »

Because of videos like this:

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2007, 06:07:07 PM »
Nothing pisses off a white person more than to see a guy who's "gone white" appeal to their blackness when something racial was done onto them.

It's called white guilt.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2007, 06:30:54 PM »
Does anyone on this board honestly think if you were patrolling a primarily black area or Mexican area that you are not going to target that group?  Racial profiling may be illegal but it is effective.

That isn't necessarily a problem.  The problem arises when race is included in a profile and innocent people are targeted and harassed. 

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2007, 06:09:44 AM »
I don't like to disrespect anyone's nation, so I hope this does not come across as such, my apologies if so, but I do agree that the US seems to place more emphasis on race/race relations etc, comparatively to other nations. I have lived in the US, Europe as well as the Caribbean, and the difference is striking.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2007, 06:59:38 AM »
That isn't necessarily a problem.  The problem arises when race is included in a profile and innocent people are targeted and harassed. 

Yes.

It becomes a problem when law enforcement just acts on a person for no reason other then suspicion. They end up overstepping their boundaries for no reason.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2007, 10:41:46 AM »
Yes.

It becomes a problem when law enforcement just acts on a person for no reason other then suspicion. They end up overstepping their boundaries for no reason.

Suspicion is actually okay, it's the when that suspicion is based solely on race that's a problem.