Author Topic: CAN YOU PROVE YOU'RE WHAT YOU SAY YOU ARE??? I CAN.  (Read 12014 times)

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
CAN YOU PROVE YOU'RE WHAT YOU SAY YOU ARE??? I CAN.
« on: May 09, 2007, 07:00:02 PM »
TEAM REPTILIAN

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
Re: CAN YOU PROVE YOU'RE WHAT YOU SAY YOU ARE??? I CAN.
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 07:10:42 PM »

so that means i can scan the one i have?

it only hold the kimono, thats what my sensei used to say  ;)
are you delusional?

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 07:13:23 PM »
Yeah they don't give out belts at real schools wise guy.
TEAM REPTILIAN

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 07:15:56 PM »

so your black or brown belt?
are you delusional?

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 07:16:52 PM »
Black. I can't easily get my black belt out. It's signed by Trias if you know who that is.

Where are all the others claiming they train 7 days a week with Ken Shamrock and roll with Marco Ruas?

hahaha.

Poseurs.

At least VP posted a video.
TEAM REPTILIAN

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 07:22:20 PM »
Black. I can't easily get my black belt out. It's signed by Trias if you know who that is.

Where are all the others claiming they train 7 days a week with Ken Shamrock and roll with Marco Ruas?

hahaha.

Poseurs.

At least VP posted a video.

good for you, how long did it took you to get it?
are you delusional?

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2007, 07:26:26 PM »
Roughly 5 years. I started in Shotokan, stayed for about a year, switched to Shorei-ryu and completed black.
TEAM REPTILIAN

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2007, 07:42:28 PM »

so you've been doing martial arts for 6 years?

well, keep it up!
are you delusional?

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2007, 08:13:59 PM »
I started BJJ recently too. Doing pretty well with it.

How about you?
TEAM REPTILIAN

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2007, 01:19:47 AM »
I started BJJ recently too. Doing pretty well with it.

How about you?

Won't get your black in six years.  (Unless your name is Jay Penn)

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2007, 11:54:31 AM »
Won't get your black in six years.  (Unless your name is Jay Penn)

Agreed you had to have trainied your ass off to be a 3rd degree in 5 years.....

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2007, 03:15:14 PM »
Yes I can.  In fact we went to the same school I see :D

vikingpower

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2007, 03:34:22 PM »
Roughly 5 years. I started in Shotokan, stayed for about a year, switched to Shorei-ryu and completed black.

the thing about karate (and im sure youll agree with me) is its a crapshoot .... some schools turn out very skilled blackbelts, and other schools turn out chumps (ie they give em belts to keep em paying)

i never judge anyone by their belt, only by their performance

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2007, 03:41:50 PM »
the thing about karate (and im sure youll agree with me) is its a crapshoot .... some schools turn out very skilled blackbelts, and other schools turn out chumps (ie they give em belts to keep em paying)

Of course. A belt doesn't mean shit, unless it comes from a school with a reputation and a great sensei. Hell how many kids do you see now adays that by 15 or 16 they are black belts... Bullshit.. To achieve 3rd dan or anything above first it takes time. My old instructor didnt get his 3rd dan for 5 years after he recieved his black belt. It also cam from Grandmaster Bong Soo Han and Grandmaster Kim. But then again those guys just dont give away belts either... Bong Soo Han is vicious..

vikingpower

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2007, 04:01:27 PM »
when people ask me what belt i am i point to my gnarled up ears and busted nose, then tell them white (which is a lie cause i made it to yellow in karate :D)

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2007, 06:01:06 PM »
Of course. A belt doesn't mean shit, unless it comes from a school with a reputation and a great sensei. Hell how many kids do you see now adays that by 15 or 16 they are black belts... Bullshit.. To achieve 3rd dan or anything above first it takes time. My old instructor didnt get his 3rd dan for 5 years after he recieved his black belt. It also cam from Grandmaster Bong Soo Han and Grandmaster Kim. But then again those guys just dont give away belts either... Bong Soo Han is vicious..

exactly, thats why i said ''it only hold the kimono, thats what my sensei used to say''

i saw blue belt kicking the shit out of a black belt, one thing i don't agree with is a 12 year old kid who gets a black belt, not fully grown (muscles and size) jumping in the air and a good kata doesn't mean shit..... a lot of schools give belts away for money!!!

then again some do (kids)!!! (special skills, i mean good, very good)
are you delusional?

vikingpower

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2007, 06:16:37 PM »
some queer on the main board asked so here is my ear ... the cauliflowered part is in the middle and it didnt hurt much, but towards the top there is a verticle line that was some sort of rupture and was just about the most painful thing i ever experienced ... for some reason my ears seem to swell and go down on their own so luckily ive never drained them

The Jayhawker

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2007, 06:35:10 AM »
There are 10 year girls with black belts. Getting a piece of paper is nothing. Check out these 5 and 6 year-olds!

http://ksdi.net/wybb.htm

J

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2007, 07:41:32 AM »
some queer on the main board asked so here is my ear ... the cauliflowered part is in the middle and it didnt hurt much, but towards the top there is a verticle line that was some sort of rupture and was just about the most painful thing i ever experienced ... for some reason my ears seem to swell and go down on their own so luckily ive never drained them

Bro, thats not impressive at all. You get smacked in the ear once or something. Gnarled ears, lol.

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2007, 07:48:25 AM »
lol, whatever, u fat motherfvcker. 

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2007, 08:01:41 AM »
Like your insult was much of anything. This board is for badasses though. It would be hilarious to see some of you "bodybuilders"  get inside a fight gym for one session, but im sure youd do fine since all "bodyduilders" like yourself are badasses.  BTW you lose any weight yet fatso?

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2007, 08:07:49 AM »
hahahahaha, very articulate comeback "bignbloated" ;D i guess i shouldn't have expected much i mean you are on the original internet badass board "the MMA board", right? ::)

Squad don't be comign in here and fucking up the thread... Do you have your key board resting on your fat ass gut while you where typing this.. I can only imagine noodles hanging out your mouth twinky goo on your cheek and you gigling every time your fat ass pushes the g and h key...

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2007, 08:20:13 AM »

Yes. Originally the idea was, you earned black belt once you demonstrated a certain level of applied fighting ability (through actual fights with instructors and other students), in addition to technical ability demonstrated through kata. Some schools in the United States, started looking at technical ability alone, as it was easier and safer for them to practice non-contact or semi contact. They could get more kids and their parents in the doors. It was more profitable, thus the number of sport oriented touch schools.

In sport, any minor hit is usually a point, but when you practice full contact, the same attacks used in most other martial arts are demonstrated to be most effective: thigh kicks, roundkicks, front kicks, etc. Same as in Thai, except in karate the power is built from the hips, whereas in thai it's more of a step to the right followed by the kick. The karate method of generating power from hip shifting is not something you can do effectively without practice, but it's more efficient in the end.

5 year old black belts are just rediculous. As I said, these kids are being awarded blackbelt on the basis of their technical ability alone, whereas in legit schools it is awarded on actual fighting ability, not politics or anything else. In Okinawan schools, you actually have to perform physical task like lifting a 75 pounds over the head 25 times before EARNING a ranking because they recognised the importance of a certain amount of strength in real applied fighting. A 5 year old can't do any of this. His belt is based purely on katas/technical proficiency. Guys like Oyama (who was a Japanese nationalist despite being born Korean) saw the state of things and created Kyokushin in order to restore Karate to it's original purpose of being a serious fighting art and not a sport. But really, any legitimate school teaching Okinawan karate especially is no different because they never strayed in the first place.
TEAM REPTILIAN

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2007, 08:31:21 AM »
hahahahahahahaha, oh brother another 5'9" 172 pound "ripped cage fighter", hahahaha, you're probably sipping on a Xyience right now, aren't you? ;D

Tubby don't be mad at me cause you havent seen your feet without a mirror for the last 10 years.. Actually I'm sippin on a bookoo but close.. I guess it's better then that gallon of grease and lard your fat ass is sippin on..  ;D

vikingpower

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2007, 08:38:11 AM »
"The karate method of generating power from hip shifting is not something you can do effectively without practice, but it's more efficient in the end. "

if you mean energy efficient i would possibly agree with you, and shotokan is renowned for its power generation abilities(doesnt shotokan mean power karate?)... but if youre trying to say karate (even shotokan) is in any way superior or more effective than muay thai when it comes to striking/kickboxing ... not in a million years

granted there have been some amazing world class karate practicioners who have enjoyed success (hug, crocop, GSP etc) ... but they havent done anywhere near as well as the thai guys overall (aerts, hoost, bukkaw, bojansky etc)