Author Topic: Australian bodybuilding ... is there a future??  (Read 23526 times)

jwb

• Getbig V
Re: Australian bodybuilding ... is there a future??
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2007, 08:51:52 PM »
Wasn't Barbara Kendal from Oz?
yeah from perth... she was hot too!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2007, 08:57:28 PM »
Those who come from other countries are seldom considered Aussies even though they take out Australian citizenship. You have to live here to appreciate that. I have been here for 36 years but will never be an Aussie. The lads know that. I don't consider myself a Canadian anymore but there you are.

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2007, 09:04:53 PM »
Those who come from other countries are seldom considered Aussies even though they take out Australian citizenship. You have to live here to appreciate that. I have been here for 36 years but will never be an Aussie. The lads know that. I don't consider myself a Canadian anymore but there you are.

True Vince. 

We are very protective of our country and its people.  We find it hard to accept outsiders.  However, we will embrace them if they show our country respect and dignity.

Aussies are a unique breed.  We live for the beaches and the sunshine.  We have a very relaxed lifestyle and are probably the easiest going people on the planet.

We like our BB too!  OK, only some of us do.

AVBG

« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2007, 09:09:55 PM »
True Vince. 

We are very protective of our country and its people.  We find it hard to accept outsiders.  However, we will embrace them if they show our country respect and dignity.

Aussies are a unique breed.  We live for the beaches and the sunshine.  We have a very relaxed lifestyle and are probably the easiest going people on the planet.

We like our BB too!  OK, only some of us do.

Well said Hank  :)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
Re: AUSTRALIAN BODYBUILDING...IS THERE A FUTURE ??
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2007, 09:20:31 PM »

If Australia's population (20 odd million)

That's less than either California or Texas individually. 

And they call themselves a country??  ::)
Ron: "I am lazy."

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2007, 09:25:52 PM »

We are an island continent with a very small population.  We are a passionate group of people that love sports of all kinds.

Aussies have hearts of gold. We feel we are blessed living in this great land.

The sun is always shining and our beaches have crystal clear water.

The gyms down under are some of the best in the world!

AVBG

« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2007, 09:26:00 PM »

I know  ::)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2007, 09:41:09 PM »
The women are nice here. Otherwise I wouldn't still be here!

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2007, 09:47:03 PM »
The women are nice here. Otherwise I wouldn't still be here!

But you're a chubby-chaser, Vince!
Ron: "I am lazy."

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2007, 09:55:16 PM »
The crop of young women are getting fatter. This place will be like California in a few years! The Aussie women don't mind foreign men. Even black men have fun down here.

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: May 13, 2007, 10:02:52 PM »
Australia is a beach culture. 

It is all about lifestyle down under.  The waves, beautiful sun-tanned bodies and Barbecues!

The Aussies are so happy and relaxed.  They are a welcoming and fun loving people. 

Lots of fresh and healthy food down under.  We are all into fitness and the great outdoors.....The best place in the world!!!!!!!!!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2007, 10:10:24 PM »
I used to think the Aussies love the beach. The truth is most of the famous beaches have tourists on them. Bondi, Coogee, Manly, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay.  We have at least 15 major beaches in Sydney alone. The truth is you can go to most in the summer and not be crowded. The Aussies might love their beaches but most don't swim at them.

AVBG

« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2007, 10:13:57 PM »
I used to think the Aussies love the beach. The truth is most of the famous beaches have tourists on them. Bondi, Coogee, Manly, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay.  We have at least 15 major beaches in Sydney alone. The truth is you can go to most in the summer and not be crowded. The Aussies might love their beaches but most don't swim at them.

maybe you and your "floatation device" scares us off?  ;D

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2007, 10:18:05 PM »
I am usually up on the sidewalk taking photos.

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2007, 10:19:11 PM »
The beach is the symbol of  the Australian way of life.  Yes, they are very popular in the summertime.  But that only adds to the energy and the atmospere of it all.

Vince, you sound so negative on our way of life.  Remember that you cant have a full appreciation of this great land because you were not born here!  You will always be an onlooker, nothing more.

You have to born in Australia to be Australian; dont you ever forget that!  

Look for the beauty in this land Vince, it is everywhere.

AVBG

« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2007, 10:25:03 PM »
I am usually up on the sidewalk taking photos.

That's what I mean.. You're taking pics with the rubberduckie around your guts. ;D

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2007, 10:25:45 PM »
never be an aussie who would want to be, i live here and im glad to be an immigrant, this place would still be a penal colony if it wasnt for all the immigrants that civilised these inbreds, all the aussies are on social security, they whinge about the lebs but most of them just sell drugs, aussies are either unemployed or drug users or usually both. They hate the lebs as they have to buy drugs of them and dont like their prices, and their to stupid to make them themselves, aussie aussie aussie, oi oi oi, how fucken stupids that, thats the dumb girls mentality.

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2007, 10:33:41 PM »
never be an aussie who would want to be, i live here and im glad to be an immigrant, this place would still be a penal colony if it wasnt for all the immigrants that civilised these inbreds, all the aussies are on social security, they whinge about the lebs but most of them just sell drugs, aussies are either unemployed or drug users or usually both. They hate the lebs as they have to buy drugs of them and dont like their prices, and their to stupid to make them themselves, aussie aussie aussie, oi oi oi, how fucken stupids that, thats the dumb girls mentality.

You are angry and resentful of this great land!  I respect your view. 

You make some powerful allegations about our way of life down under! I hope that one day you find happiness.

Please forgive us for our treatment of these new-arrivals.  Yes, the immigrants have helped build this beautiful country.  Without you people Australia would still be nothing.

The Aussies are still the most caring and joyous of people on this planet. 

Come and enjoy our unique way of life, you will love it.  I will even throw a shrimp on the barbie for ya!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2007, 10:33:50 PM »
I taught high school PE for 10 years in Sydney and have had a gym since August 1971. I still do not have a close male friend in Australia. They have a mateship system here and outsiders are usually excluded. I don't think the guys here like that foreigners come down here to be with some of their women. Like I said, the Aussie women almost prefer foreign men. Canadians and Yanks have no trouble finding partners here.

I always wonder what people do in the summer in Sydney. Most of the week they don't go to the beach. You find big crowds on Sundays and holidays but that is about it. Many prefer to go to shopping centres. I know all the shopping centres in Sydney because I like shopping.

The Aussies and Yanks share a similar lifestyle if you ask me. Too bad the sports played in Australia don't interest me. It was a pain to teach Aussie kids PE. I managed to figure out the difference between league and union. I prefer ice hockey, gridiron and baseball to cricket, rugby league and Aussie rules. People overseas probably don't appreciate that Sydney has one code of football called Rugby League. You score a try by having to touch the ball down in the end zone. In Melbourne, Perth, and Adelaide they play Aussie Rules. They have a team in Sydney and one in Brisbane.

It really is weird the way so many things are different in Australia. I was up in Brisbane years ago and someone asked me where I was from. I told him I was from Canada. He didn't want to know that. He wondered where I was from in Australia! That seemed weird to me. When you look at the history of Australia it was settled as colonies and each did their own thing even though all were controlled from England.

This is a great country but things are changing and their open policy is allowing cultural diversity instead of the American way of everyone becoming an American. Lots of Asian and Middle East people settling here now. Australia might eventually be part of Asia in a century or two.

Mydavid

• Getbig V
  • thankd dweetir :)
« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2007, 10:54:21 PM »
My boyfriend that died lived in Australia for 20 some years and owned a gym there too...do you know him, Hank?

Lisa

Ready for the answer, Hank!!!! Waiting!!!!!!

Lisa

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #70 on: May 13, 2007, 11:43:01 PM »
Where did he own a gym? First name?

THEBERG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2007, 12:08:55 AM »
The great late Sonny Schimidt won the Masters Mr Olympia!!!!

Sonny wasn't a born and breed Australian, he moved there once he was progressing through the bodybuilding ranks.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2007, 12:18:03 AM »
The Islanders seem to love Australia and many are making Australia their home.

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2007, 12:18:52 AM »
Sonny wasn't a born and breed Australian, he moved there once he was progressing through the bodybuilding ranks.

Yes, Sonny came from the Pacific Islands.. He did settle in Australia. He had a love for this great land.  

People are quick to demonise our way of life down under.  Yes, we are a simple people with simple pleasures.  We enjoy a cold beer, a meat pie and watching a game of footy.

I am a proud Aussie.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2007, 12:26:58 AM »
Hahn are making Super Dry now. A good beer.