Author Topic: I can't get my new squat suit on  (Read 9615 times)

Laughing Sam's Dice

• Getbig IV
  • $12.95 per monthman
I can't get my new squat suit on
« on: May 11, 2007, 08:18:21 AM »
It's an Inzer Hardcore.  I'm 4 lbs above the weight its recommended for.  Any useful advice?
Stick out your tongue.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Re: I can't get my new squat suit on
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 08:36:32 AM »
It's an Inzer Hardcore.  I'm 4 lbs above the weight its recommended for.  Any useful advice?

Baby powder of course.

But also get some suit slippers, they're essential.

http://www.inzernet.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=SUITSLIP

Best thing that's happened to powerlifting since Kazmaier. ;D

Here's a tip though, put them on, WITH THE TEXT INWARDS. You want the slippiest part towards the suit fabric.

Lift big.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Laughing Sam's Dice

• Getbig IV
  • $12.95 per monthman
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 08:42:49 AM »
I should have said that I have the slippers.  Its getting the thing over my ass that is the problem.
Stick out your tongue.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2007, 08:46:03 AM »
I should have said that I have the slippers.  Its getting the thing over my ass that is the problem.

LMFAO.

What you should do, is either have a buddy secure a loaded barbell to a rack, and put one of the shoulder loops onto one of the ends and simply just hang, and then hang with the other.

Or do it in a power rack, or find some other solid piece which will hold up.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Laughing Sam's Dice

• Getbig IV
  • $12.95 per monthman
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2007, 09:05:08 AM »
That almost sounds like it will work.  It seems like I would have to have the bar on the safety racks set to mid-chest height, as the straps will be below that at the time.  And I need to put on what, 5 plates on each side to keep it steady will I pull down my 200 lbs on one side?  Then, if it works, I'll have to break the bar down to one plate and put it on the regular rack, reload it, change the safety racks, wrap, and squat.  Simple as that?  :(
Stick out your tongue.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2007, 09:25:20 AM »
That almost sounds like it will work.  It seems like I would have to have the bar on the safety racks set to mid-chest height, as the straps will be below that at the time.  And I need to put on what, 5 plates on each side to keep it steady will I pull down my 200 lbs on one side?  Then, if it works, I'll have to break the bar down to one plate and put it on the regular rack, reload it, change the safety racks, wrap, and squat.  Simple as that?  :(

Put 3-5 plates on each side, have a guy make sure the bar won't fly up when you go airborne, yanking. ;D

I usually have 2 or 3 plates. The key is to have a guy on the other side obviously. ;)

Another bonus, is that you'll get the shoulder straps thorougly stretched out.

But whats with the suit? I thought everyone was either Titan or Metal these days? :P

I'm using a Titan Super NXG Centurion myself, fairly new. I use a Regular NXG in the deadlift, and that, is tha shyte!! ;D

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Debussey

• Getbig IV
  • The shadow braggs about hitting women
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2007, 09:48:00 AM »

Your ass = teh hawt.

Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

Laughing Sam's Dice

• Getbig IV
  • $12.95 per monthman
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2007, 01:02:53 PM »
For the last 1/2 hour I've been trying to get this thing on.  I used the banister at the turn in the stairs to help pull the straps up.  I'm still about 8 inches from getting the straps over my shoulders.  I had to hop upstairs.  I am losing circulation in my legs. I took some skin off my finger pulling this thing.

This is supposed to be my last squat/dead workout before the meet.  I'm too exhausted to lift now.  And I'm stuck halfway in this thing.  Can someone come over and help?
Stick out your tongue.

Laughing Sam's Dice

• Getbig IV
  • $12.95 per monthman
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2007, 04:42:13 PM »
Well, I gave up on that suit.  Went to the gym and lifted without out.  I ordered a beginner's suit- Inzer Z suit, one size larger.  I'll be breaking it in at the meet.  Sending the Inzer Hardcore suit back. What a beginner.

Tomorrow, I try my Inzer Rage bench shirt for the first time!  :D
Stick out your tongue.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2007, 05:07:09 PM »
Well, I gave up on that suit.  Went to the gym and lifted without out.  I ordered a beginner's suit- Inzer Z suit, one size larger.  I'll be breaking it in at the meet.  Sending the Inzer Hardcore suit back. What a beginner.

Tomorrow, I try my Inzer Rage bench shirt for the first time!  :D

You should really try the Titan and Metal line sometime.

Titan Super NXG Centurion Regular in the squat, and a F6 in the bench.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2007, 11:08:38 PM »
it doesn't matter i have ordered one 17# more than i weigh and it still wouldn't fit.since inzer is somewhat close to me i drove up there and they measured me and said "the size chart isn't always right"

bench

Laughing Sam's Dice

• Getbig IV
  • $12.95 per monthman
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2007, 02:02:56 PM »
Trained with the bench shirt today.  I Love it!  Put up 30 lbs more than I did last week for a single, and felt like I could do more.  Is this what steroids are like?

I have bruises at the top of each arm on the underside, so I guess I got the right size shirt.
Stick out your tongue.

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2007, 01:50:38 PM »
My experience with Inzer Max Deadlift and Hardcore is that you either have to get them custom made or you have to order 1 size over their recommendation.  I have had better luck with the Titan sizing.  I think it is better equipment anyway.  Have not tried Metal though.